Characters: Katekyo Hitman Reborn Other Mafia Families
This is a listing of the Other Mafia Families of Katekyo Hitman Reborn!. YMMV items and subjectives go in the YMMV page for the series. For the main character sheet see here.
open/close all folders
The Cavallone Family
- Dino Cavallone
He was exactly like Tsuna
before he was trained by Reborn and became the family leader he is today
earning him the title of "Bucking-Horse Dino" and leading the Cavallone Family to the rank of third most influential. Too bad every time his family isn't present he can completely fumble even the simplest of tasks
. He definitely expected more out of Tsuna
, remarking he "didn't have the aura" but eventually takes on the role of older brother to him
and helps out in the future.
Voiced by: Kenta Kamakari (Episodes 1-34), Kenn
(Episode 34 onwards)
- Benevolent Boss: According to Fuuta, he's the #1 at this, and it does show with how well he treats his subordinates, how much his subordinates like him and are devoted to him, and of course, how he can't even do anything right when not in their presence.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Don't lay a hand on his subordinates!
- Big Brother Mentor
- Cool Pet: Always accompanied by Enzo, a small turtle that grows into Godzilla when touched by water, before all the hassles with the Box Weapons.
- Cool Horse: What he gained after all the hassles with the Box Weapons.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass
- Hero of Another Story: He was Reborn's toy/pupil long before Tsuna.
- Informed Ability: He is said to be the strong boss of the third strongest mafia family and seeing Hibari's attitude towards him, it looks like Hibari had never defeated Dino completely. But looking at his battle record in the series, he lost two out of two to let Hibari and Tsuna shine.
- The Klutz: Even has trouble eating a meal or walking down stairs if his subordinates aren't around.
- Mr. Fanservice: It's unsurprising, considering how many males on this page are...
- Shown even further when he decides to become a substitute teacher at school to keep a close eye on Tsuna. All the female students go head over heels for him, and are infuriated when seein how close Tsuna is with Dino.
- Took a Level in Badass
- Whip It Good: Which doubles as Fetish Fuel for the fangirls.
- Older than They Look
Romario is a member of the Chiavarone Family and the right-hand man of Dino.
Voiced by: Kouichi Nagano
The Tomaso Family
- Naito Longchamp
Naito Longchamp is the eccentric 8th Boss of the Tomaso Family.
Lunga is the younger brother of Longchamp. Not much is known about him other than that he is trying to start a rock band. However, he seems to be having trouble recruiting members, threatening to send a bandmate back to his homeland for messing up a note.
Mangusta is the butler and tutor of Longchamp. He is the only one who takes the Families' rivalry seriously and constantly tries to discourage Longchamp from being friends with Tsuna. He is also the holder of the Desolation Bullet which he uses to shoot Longchamp with, though he'll shoot anyone else, for that matter, to get them to agree with Longchamp's wishes.
Not much is known about Pantera, either, other than that she apparently tries to kill Longchamp very frequently. Her weapon of choice is bladed pinwheels.
The Millefiore Family
- Byakuran Gesso
Look at the image next to this description. You see someone like that and you think he's a pretty nice guy, huh? Wrong
, oh so very wrong
. Byakuran is a Big Bad
if ever there was one. As boss of the frighteningly powerful Millefiore Family, his goal is to obtain the Vongola Rings and, which, together with his Mare Rings and the Arcobaleno Pacifiers, will form the Tri-ni-set, something that, according to him, will allow him to gain dominance over the world actually the multiverse
. He's arguably the nastiest villain in the series yet (and when your competition are the likes of Rokudo Mukuro
, that's saying something). He is now apart of the present day Millefiore Family, but with a more pleasant and openly kind personality
Voiced by: Takanori Ohyama
- Affably Evil: He has more social skills then his predecessors.
- A God Am I: And he needs the Tri-ni-set to create a world just to his liking.
- Until Yuni screws up his plans BIG TIME.
- Badass: Was the first villain in the series to actually have an advantage over Tsuna.
- Badass Longcoat
- Big Eater: If this is of any indication...
- Big Bad: The nastiest of the bunch so far, which says a lot.
- Bishounen: Until his Villainous Breakdown kicked in.
- The Chessmaster: The number of people he used like disposable pawns to get where he is could make a whole damn chess league!
- Curtains Match the Window: The shading in hair is of the same indigo-purple colour of his eyes. It's much more noticeable in the manga coloured pages however.
- Cute and Psycho: Just look at that smile. Then look deeper.
- Evil Sounds Deep: Subverted. He has a soft, high voice which goes perfectly with his Man Child tendencies.
- Expy: Of Gin Ichimaru. Both sadistic, soft spoken, ''boku'' using white haired young men with a tendency to smile and keep their eyes closed (although Gin does this far more often) with similar sounding voices. At the end, however, Byakuran is by far the most evil one and Gin isn't as villainous as he claimed to be.
- Facial Markings: Has a set of upside down triangles under his left eye.
- He has somehow has lost them after he was revived.
- And now that he's back in the Inheritance Ceremony arc, it appears that he still has them, along his pretty white wings.
- Finger Poke of Doom: The "White Finger" from his fight with Tsuna.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Unlike his predecessors, he was once a normal college student until he was given the Mare Ring. In the future, he became the unbeatable leader of a massive mafia organization that managed to wipe out the main heroes' future selves who were implied to have easily taken a huge level in badass, and was planning to take over all existence.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: I bet you can guess which kind he has!
- Heel-Face Turn: So it seems, in the present.
- Implausible Deniability: Often denies how he's cheated or done something horrible.
- Impossibly Cool Clothes: Almost everything he wears falls under this.
- Jerk with a Heart of Jerk: Sure being a Jerkass like Xanxus is hard to deal with, but Byakuran's actions that hint kindness actually are for his own benefit. This really shows how devil-like he is.
- Kick the Dog: Anything to do with Yuni. Holy crap, man, give the girl a break!
- Lack of Empathy: Oh indeed.
- Light Is Not Good: He had angelic white wings until Tsuna tore them off.
- Dark Is Evil: After Tsuna tears them off, it manifests a black squirting matter that can become dragons or extra limbs, and even produces an attack of complete darkness.
- Bloody Murder: The "black matter" is implied to be his blood strutting out.
- He manages to regrow his white wings.
- Lolicon: First, there's Bluebell, who is one step short from simply humping his leg. Then there's his blatant obsession with Yuni once she escapes his grasp. Although there is a good reason for it, the vibes are still there.
- Manipulative Bastard: He pretty much uses mind games with everyone in every conversation he has. Seriously.
- Mr. Fanservice: Now that he's taken off his shirt...
- Multiversal Conqueror: With the main Reborn universe being his final stepping stone.
- Younger than They Look: Present-day Byakuran is supposed to be about 15-16, but he looks about the same as he did in the Future arc.
- Pet the Dog: He is usually cheery and apparently nice to everyone. "Apparently" being the key word here.
- Power Gives You Wings: Although according to him, they're just symbolic.
- Though in the more recent arc, he's seen using them multiple times.
- Psychopathic Manchild: Type C.
- Purple Eyes
- Sarcastic Confession: Often.
- Scars Are Forever: Has these after Tsuna tears off his wings.
- Shirtless Scene
- The Spock
- Stepford Smiler: Recent chapters had him dropping the act for the very first time in a blink-and-you-miss-it moment.
- Sweet Tooth: He likes his marshmallows.
- Taking the Bullet: In the Curse of the Rainbow arc he stops both Gamma and Reborn from hurting themselves and flies in front of Tsuna right before Colonello's Maximum Rifle hits.
- Trickster: He acts more like a child playing with something, this is in stark comparison with Mukuro and Xanxus.
- Villainous Breakdown: He suffers from this when Yuni performs a Heroic Sacrifice causing him to go batshit insane due to her key importance in his plans to become ruler of all time and space. He starts complaining that without Yuni, his plans are ruined, and a PISSED OFF Tsuna hits him with a This Is Unforgivable and curb-stomps him to the point of incinerating and killing him.
- White Hair, Black Heart
- Xanatos Speed Chess: When you have the minds of countless Alternate Universe versions of yourself thinking together, that's actually pretty easy to do.
- You Have Failed Me: He chooses to have his squad kill Genkishi after he loses again in the Choice Battle.
She's a young, kindhearted, and caring girl... who is also the Millefiore Family's second-in-command, the head of the Black Spell, and the captain of the 1st Calendula Squad. On top of all that, she's the former leader of the Giglio Nero Family, inheriting the position and the Orange Arcobaleno Pacifier after her mother's early death. The Giglio Nero's strength is waning, however, and Yuni is forced to agree to the merging of the Giglio Nero and Gesso Families to form the Millefiore.She defects to Tsuna's side and takes the Arcobaleno Pacifiers with her, after watching Byakuran disregard a promise made between him and Irie Shouichi.
Voiced by: Yoshino Nanjo
An A ranked member of the Millefiore Family, who commands the 3rd Aphelandra Squad of the Black Spell and is responsible for wiping out many of the allies of the Vongola Family with his later found to be fake
Lightning Mare Ring. He's deeply devoted
to his boss, Yuni, and has a deep hatred of Byakuran and members of the White Spell, believing that the former did something to Yuni that caused her to lose her cheerful demeanor.
A Millefiore illusionist and swordsman. He carries four swords, as well as the fake
Mist Mare Ring and one of the six Hell Rings. Despite being a former Giglio Nero member, Genkishi devoted himself to following Byakuran when he saved him from an incurable disease, and even instigated the Giglio Nero/Gesso merger by faking his defeat at the hands of Squalo. However, when Byakuran had requested him to steal the Mare Rings and Sky Pacifier from the Giglio Nero, he was unable to do so due to Yuni. This leads him to go to great lengths to prove his loyalty to Byakuran, even being consumed by his Hell Ring, which changes him physically and mentally, in order to defeat Tsuna in battle. Though his transformation grants him greater power, he loses to Tsuna and escapes by using one of his Box Weapons. He resurfaces during the Vongolas' battle with the Six Funeral Wreaths disguised as Saru, one of Torikabuto's subordinates. There, he is defeated in a rematch with Yamamoto and gets killed by Kikyou when he loses
under Byakuran's orders.
Voiced by: Daisuke Hosomi
- Shouichi Irie
He's initially an unsuspecting middle school kid who becomes caught up in the antics concerning Tsuna and his friends early on in the series, but ends up in possession of some Bovino Family weaponry, including the Ten-Year Bazooka. He is the captain of the White Spell's 2nd Rose Squad, and is also one of the Millefiore's six A rank members. He reports directly to Byakuran, and has been secretly researching the Ten-Year Bazooka in order to find a way to time travel.
A member of the Black Spell. He belongs to the family's tech department and is responsible for the creation of the family's Mosca robots, which are giant humanoid robots created for combat. He was told by Irie to locate and eliminate Tsuna.
- Glo Xinia
A captain of the White Spell's 8th Wisteria Squad and is the holder of the fake
Rain Mare Ring. He encounters the younger Chrome Dokuro. He fights with a box of the rain element, an owl covered in the Dying Will Flame, later revealed to be playing host to Mukuro. After his battle with Chrome he was hospitalized with severe injuries and a broken jaw, but it is later discovered that he planted a tracking device on Chrome.
Belphegor's older twin brother and possesses the fake
Storm Mare Ring. He and Bel fought constantly as children, but he always won, so to beat him, Bel put laxatives in Siel's food to incapacitate him. Originally thought to have been killed by Bel, Siel reveals himself as the one responsible for the Millefiore defense in Italy, and can unleash bats from his special box that can emit invisible storm flames to harm his enemies. His personality is no different from Bel's, except that opposed to a prince, he states that he's a king.
Voiced by: Ryuuji Kamiyama
Olgert is Rasiel's butler and Belphegor's previous butler. However, he states that he chooses to stay by the side of the true king, who he believes is Rasiel. He wears a black butler's outfit and is bald. He appears to have four symmetrical scars on his face.
Voiced by: Binbin Takaoka
Baishana is a member of White Spell who rides on a Storm Carpet, which functions like Storm Boots, except he sits on it. He wears a white turban and a long White Spell uniform. He does not believe that Black Spell members are his comrades and says that they are part of the "old" that needs to be wiped out, just like the Vongola.
Voiced by: Baron Yamazaki
- Iris Hepburn
Iris Hepburn is a member of the Millefiore's White Spell along with Ginger Bread. She has light brown hair that she wears in an afro. She also wears large hoop earrings on both ears with two smaller heart shaped earrings hanging off each of her larger ones. She has purple eyes.
- Ginger Bread
A young boy who wears a wizard's hat and cape, with stars in his eyes. Lal Mirch asks if he is Ginger Bread; he calmly states that he doesn't go by that name anymore. He first claims that his attacks are derived from sorcery, but later reveals them to be based on spiders with sun flames. He sends out dolls to attack as the real Ginger Bread has yet to reveal himself. Created by the weakest Vindice, Ginger Bread exists as his child that exterminates families wherever they appear
The Six Funeral Wreaths
One of the Six Funeral Wreaths, Kikyou is the holder of the Cloud Mare Ring. He seems to be the unofficial leader of the group and is quite calm most of the time.
Voiced by: Kazuki Kato
One of the Six Funeral Wreaths, Zakuro is the holder of the Storm Mare Ring. He is very loyal to Byakuran, having burned down his own hometown on Byakuran's orders. He is also highly arrogant, calling often others 'idiot' and 'imbecile'.
Voiced by: Naoya Goumoto
One of the Six Funeral Wreaths, Daisy is the holder of the Sun Mare Ring. He has a rather uncanny apperance with scars on his face, dirty-looking hair, sunken eyes, and a creepy plushie in his hands.
Voiced by: Mondo Yamagishi
One of the Six Funeral Wreaths, Bluebell is the holder of the Rain Mare Ring. Possibly the only female in the group (depending on the gender of Ghost), she is also the Token Mini-Moe
. She may be older than she looks
One of the Six Funeral Wreaths, Torikabuto is the holder of the Mist Mare Ring. Torikabuto rarely speaks other than to prophecies or when in battle. His true identity and power has been shown to lie in a demonic mask, which controls a sacrificed monk.
Voiced by: Shinobu Matsumoto
One of the Six Funeral Wreaths, Ghost is the holder of the Lightning Mare Ring. Ghost is, in fact, a Byakuran from another parallel world who was brought over, destroying that world in the process. Ghost himself is present only as a shape made up of Dying Will Flames, remaining a mutant who can only drain Flames of others
. He has been imprisoned by the Vindice, although Byakuran made a deal with the Vindice to have Ghost released. He is the least human of the Funeral Wreaths, seemingly lacking emotions and not hesitating to kill Bluebell and Zakuro
, two of his comrades, to amplify his own power.
Voiced by: N/A
The Simon Family
- Enma Kozato
The Simon counterpart to Tsuna
. Like Tsuna, he considers himself a reluctant, "no-good" boss who does not want to be involved in the Mafia. However, they both are inevitably involved because they want to protect their Family
. He has very poor social skills, is weak minded, and even reminds Tsuna of who he used to be (and in many aspects, still is). It is shown later that that he holds a grudge against Tsuna for the apparent betrayal of Simon Cozarto by Vongola Primo and the death of his sister and parents by Sawada Iemitsu. It was really Daemon Spade who caused this though.
- Adelheid Suzuki
The Simon counterpart to Hibari Kyoya
. Like Hibari, Adelheid is the most powerful guardian. She is also similar in that they are both serious, strict with committee rules, always willing to use force in order to get what they want, very intimidating, and extremely proud of their abilities
. However, that's as far as the similarities go. Unlike Hibari, Adelheid is very loyal, compassionate, and supportive of those in the Simon Family and even serves as more of a leader than Enma.
Voiced by: Yuuki Aira (VOMIC)
- Shitt P.
The Simon counterpart to Hayato Gokudera
Voiced by: Lyrian (VOMIC)
- All of the Other Reindeer: In her fight against Gokudera, she mentions that she was picked on by others for eccentricities, which made her cold towards insults and very proud of herself, claiming that she loved herself first. This entire conversation can be seen as Motive Rant.
- Cloudcuckoolander: The weirdest character encountered so far. Gokudera even thinks she's an
alien underground creature.
- Expy: She is very similar to Lady Gaga.
- Irony: She begins to think of Gokudera as a "Warm U.M.A".
- Insistent Terminology: She insists on being called "Shitopi-chan" and will flat out ignore you unless you call her that.
- It's All About Me: Sort of. While she says she has a lot of people that she loves, she says she loves herself the most and only fights for herself.
- Spider Limbs: Her Ring Weapon, which shoots her Swamp Flame, which can "ferment" things.
- Unfortunate Names: Need we say more?
- Kaoru Mizuno
The Simon counterpart to Takeshi Yamamoto
Voiced by: Kouhei Kurihara (VOMIC)
- Big Damn Heroes: Pulls one in Chapter 325 by showing up and stabbing Daemon Spade in the back.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: His Ring Weapon, which is more like a lance below the shoulder.
- Easily Forgiven: Kaoru openly points out how he nearly killed Yamamoto after the latter saves him from Daemon Spade's attack. Yamamoto being Yamamoto, he just laughs it off saying they're friends, so of course he'd come help him.
- Face of a Thug
- False Friend: Kaoru's the main reason Yamamoto is still in the operation room at the hospital. Though it's made clear that he feels pretty bad about it, to the point where he forfeits when his fight comes up.
- Manly Tears: When Yamamoto saves his life.
- Senseless Sacrifice: Lampshaded by himself when he takes a stab for Yamamoto from Daemon, knowing full well that Yamamoto could have dodged it. He just wanted to repay him.
- Younger Than He Looks: Lampshaded constantly with people mistaking him for a parent, even though he is still in middle school.
- Koyo Aoba
The Simon counterpart to Ryohei Sasagawa
- Rauji Ooyama
The Simon counterpart to Lambo
- Julie Katou
The Simon counterpart to Mukuro Rokudo/Chrome Dokuro
Voiced by: Makoto Oozaki (VOMIC)
- Chivalrous Pervert: He's a complete flirt around cute girls, but rarely means any harm. The one time he did, it was actually Daemon Spade parading around as him.
- Expy: For someone in Middle School, he certainly looks a lot like Johnny Depp.◊
- Grand Theft Me / People Puppet: Julie has, for almost the entire time the readers have known him, actually spent it playing vessel for Daemon Spade. Sucks to be him.
- Master of Illusion: The Desert Flame seems to hold similar qualities to a Mist Flame. Also one by proxy of being one of Daemon Spade's vessels.
- Minion Shipping: It's revealed through flashback that Julie and Adelheid had a thing for each other.
- Nice Hat: His fedora.
- The Slacker: He even lampshades it in one of Adelheid's flashbacks when he admits that while he acts foolish most of the time, although he immediately subverts it when he says he would gladly give his life away to protect the Shimon family.
- Split Personality Takeover: What Daemon's response to Adelheid's questioning about what happened to Julie essentially amounted to.