Kenta Date/Mega Red | Actor: Hayato OshibaUnderachiever and laziest student in the Moboroshi high who enjoys eating barbecque and playing the arcade game Megaranger. His gaming habit causes him to be scouted to the INet and he ended up being Mega Red. While he's Red, he's not the leader of the team, that position goes to the more responsible Kouichirou. Turns out he's not really that dumb, since he can be smart when the time demands, he's just lazy about studying.
- Ascended Fanboy
- Berserk Button: Hurt a child, and he'll end your ass.
- Book Dumb
- Friend to All Children
- The Hero
- I Know Mortal Kombat: Kenta plays Megaranger almost all the time, so he's the most savvy when it comes to battle techniques.
- Idiot Hero: Started the trend for Sentai red rangers.
- Law of Chromatic Superiority: Being Mega Red makes him able to program any skills thanks to his Personal Computer symbol.
- Technology Marches On: Said symbol looks outdated nowadays.
- Obfuscating Stupidity
- Powers as Programs
- Rotary Sword: Drill Saber
- Signature Move: Saber Slash
- Trademark Favorite Food: Korean barbecue.
Koichiro Endoh/Mega Black | Actor: Atsushi EharaModel student, Student Council President, a hard working boy who pretty much treats everything like Serious Business. He is the appointed leader of the Megarangers, due to more responsibility.
- The Big Guy
- The Leader
- Mighty Glacier: According to the game, Mega Black is 'slow but powerful'
- If those stats that appears when they transform are to be believed, he's the most poweful Megaranger, being a Lightning Bruiser.
- Serious Business
- Signature Move: Rod Break
- Simple Staff: Mega Rod
- Student Council President
Shun Namiki/Mega Blue | Actor: Masaya MatsukazeThe token genius boy, an aspiring computer graphic artist. At first prioritized his dream than fighting, causing him to quit, but ends up going back anyway since dreams can be re-created, but not friends. He's still pretty aloof compared to the rest, though.
- An Axe to Grind: Mega Tomahawk
- Batman Gambit: His specialty as the team strategist. His, sometimes, reaches Magnificent Bastard levels.
- Difficult, but Awesome: "Mega Blue is hard to use"
- Genius Bruiser: Although he's really the smart-type, anyone who wields an axe can't be considered non-heavy hitter
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: For the most time, he's quite aloof and a bit of insufferable. Though when he decided to be nice, he's nice.
- The Lancer: Not only he is a foil to Kenta being the blue oni, this is indicated in their visors, as his is the opposite of Kenta's in terms of design.
- Missing Mom: She died before the series began.
- Oblivious to Love: Doesn't seem to realize Miku's feelings.
- Signature Move: Tomahawk Hurricane
- The Smart Guy
Chisato Jogasaki/Mega Yellow | Actor: Eri Tanaka
A bright photographer girl, and a more responsible one. She's into various girly hobbies like singing. While she's smart and responsible, she also sometimes likes to slack off and play Megaranger.
- Brats with Slingshots: Mega Sling
- The Chew Toy: In terms of singing. Anytime there is a singing contest, there's always something to bar her from participating despite her wonderful singing skill. Be they nose sickness, or a Monster of the Week switching her voice with an old man's voice.
- Gag Boobs: This exchange below:Miku: * talking about cow udders* So big and soft! Just like Chisato's breasts!Chisato: Hey!
- The Heart
- Hot Scoop
- Lady of War: In the "Megaranger" arcade game manual, Mega Yellow is said to be 'the most eloquent'.
- Mythology Gag: Her being Yellow and a photographer homages to Mika Koizumi/1st Yellow Four. Thankfully, Chisato survived her series unlike Mika.
- Zettai Ryouiki
Miku Imamura/Mega Pink | Actor: Mami HigashiyamaA not-so-bright student who's a good friend to Chisato. Likes eating, but is quite conscious on her weight. Like Kenta, she's just Obfuscating Stupidity due to her dislike to schoolwork. Has a crush on Shun.Later on, she reappears in Gaorangers vs Super Sentai, helping the Gaorangers and some other old school Sentai warriors.
- Big Eater
- The Chick: Tends to get really emotional.
- Distaff Counterpart: Of Kenta but with Big Eater added.
- Dogged Nice Girl: Likes Shun, but he's probably too aloof to notice.
- Girlish Pigtails: Sports it during the series, loses it when she appears in Gaoranger Vs Super Sentai.
- The hairstyle change makes perfect sense because She's All Grown Up - she was no longer a schoolgirl.
- Improbable Weapon User: Mega Capture
- Obfuscating Stupidity
Professor Kubota | Actor: Satoru Saito
Yusaku Hayakawa/Mega Silver | Actor: Shigeru KanaiA researcher of INET who tends to slack off. Despite his slacking off attitude, he's one of the top agents INET could offer. He develops the prototype of Megaranger suit, and when the final product is out, he used the prototype to create the Mega Silver suit. He later helps out the Megarangers in their battle against Nejirejia, including making up a 'Neji Silver' suit.
- Big Damn Heroes: Especially early on.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Despite slacking off a lot, Kubota really trusts his skills.
- Cool Old Guy: An older (25) researcher hanging around with high school kids.
- Finishing Move: Blazer Impact
- Genius Bruiser: Beats up mooks untransformed and bare-handed on a few occasions. At first this is due to the time limit on the Mega Silver suit (no need to waste it on mooks after all), but later it's because he's just that badass.
- Mr. Fanservice
- Sixth Ranger
- Swiss Army Weapon: Silver Blazer
- Weaksauce Weakness: Mega Silver at first can only last several minutes. After several tune-ups, it can last forever, but has his power weakened.
- Though in episode 49, he managed to defeat both Shibolena and Yugande at the SAME time.
Trope Shared Among Them
- Evil Genius: Apparently everyone to some degree(even Bibidebi!) except Yugande, though he also has a moment too.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Except Bibidebi
Evil Electro-King Javious I | Voiced by: Ryuzaburo OtomoLeader of Nejirejia but basically the Orcus on His Throne that command Doctor Hinerlar and his subornate. Appear only as an eye that sometime appear on the monitor in Grand Nejiro
Dr. Hinelar | Actor: Tetsuo Morishita
"Our first task, is to destroy it!"
- Big Bad: Ascends to Evil Overlord after Javious's life force is drained by the Nezirangers.
- Dragon-in-Chief: to Javious. Later overthrows him.
- Demoted to Extra: His Power Ranger counterpart is Furio, one of the sub-villains in Power Rangers Lost Galaxy.
- Evil Former Friend: To Kubota.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones And Standards: He cares for his fellow subordinate; especially Shibolena and Yugande whom he created and views as his children. Hence why he was less than pleased with Guirail making Yugande his Human Shield which, culminated in Hinelar giving Guirail a Super Serum that robs his mind... and gives an Ironic Echo to boot.
- The Heavy
- Jerkass Has a Point: During the final battle, he mocks the Megarangers for continuing to fight for the same people who turned on them after he exposed their identities despite them having saved the town many times over.
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: But then the Megarangers counter that Hinelar's own motivation (the persecution he endured following his daughter's death in a failed experiment) doesn't give him the right to take revenge on those who had nothing to do with it.
- Last Villain Stand: Following the destruction of Hinelar City, he becomes solely focused on getting revenge on the Megarangers. Becomes even moreso in the finale when he tried to pull a Taking You with Me.
- Mad Scientist
- Non-Action Guy: He never fought the Megarangers directly until the final episode.
- One-Winged Angel: Temporally mutated into a monster form to fight the Megaranger directly.
- Taking You with Me: When fighting the Megarangers in his own Humongous Mecha, he sees he might die before the fight is over, so he attempts to self-destruct it to kill them. Thanks to them pulling his robot into the sky with the Mega Voyager and escaping, he only kills himself.
- Villainous Breakdown: When Shibolena dies.
Shibolena | Actor: Asami Jo
"Soon, it will be the age of Nejirejia!"
The female humanoid general in blue. Shibolena is the one who devises many new plans to take over earth and often fought the Megaranger. She is a robot builded after Hinelar's long dead daughter.
- Color Motif: Blue.
- Chainmail Bikini: She's actually pretty covered herself as her "blue hair" also doubles as her helmet and her exposed skin is justified with her being robot.
- Dangerously Short Skirt: Lampshaded by Yusaku in episode 36.
- Dark Action Girl
- Dark Chick
- The Dragon: To Dr. Hinelar
- Hammer Space: She tends to pull her sword out from nowhere.
- Elemental Powers
- Expy: Of Ley Nefel.
- Femme Fatalons: Wears five different colored fake nails. This is the only way to know it's her when she's disguised.
- Immortality Immorality: She directly states in her Image Song that her body will last for an eternity. It doesn't.
- Image Song: Blue Devil's Smile
- Kiss of Death: Projectile version. In Carranger vs Megaranger she mind control the carranger with this. It's sort of Game Breaking Power as it require very powerful attack to cancel it out.
- Master of Disguise
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: To Mega Yellow. But the one that defeat her is Mega Red
- Ridiculously Human Robots: Is seen drinking wine in episode 10.
- Robot Girl:She is a robot modeled after Hinelar's dead daughter.
- Senseless Sacrifice: Albeit one that's not really her fault; she sacrifices herself to save Yugande...who's so enraged by this that he charges the Megarangers and immediately gets himself killed.
- She's Got Legs: Which are combined with..
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade C.
Bibidebi | Voiced by: Tomokazu Seki
"Bibibebibi We'll do it debi!"
A goofy creature in shape of ball that was given "purpose" by Dr.Hinelar to bring back monsters and increase its size. He died in finale along with the Grand Nejiros.
- Dual Wielding: In episode 17 he was sent to increase several Toad Nejires' growth rate with two guns that can either do the job or the opposite.
- Evil Genius: After Hinelar ascends to Big Bad, you can arguably say that Bibidebi filled this position.
- Evil Team Pet
- Hopeless Suitor: In a funny case with Shibolena (She does care him though).
- Image Song: Bibi! Bibidebi Da De Bi!
- Make My Monster Grow: Accomplished by biting Nejire/Psycho Nejilar Beasts to inject an enlarging virus. If they were completely destroyed, he would suck up the remaining dust and blow smoke to revive and enlarge them.
- Not-So-Harmless Villain
- What Happened to the Mouse?: After episode 50 he completely disappears, however in Megaranger vs Gingaman he is shown to have transport Hizumina away before dying within the explosion along with Hinelar.
Commander Yugande | voiced by: Hirotaka Suzuoki
- Cool Sword: Dark Crisis.
- The Brute
- Deadly Upgrade: With Nejire Reactor that removed a lot of his power when it expired.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Was disgusted with Gurail's tactics.
- Noble Demon
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: To Mega Red.
- Shonen Hair
Commander Guirail | voiced by: Tatsuyuki Jinnai
- Evil Sixth Ranger
- Fusion Dance: Merged with Yugande in Episode 31.
- An Ice Person: After merging with Yugande he gained an ability to freeze the Megaranger in a blocks of ice.
- Knight of Cerebus: His tactics are very dirty.
- Deadly Upgrade: Given a "Nejire Capsule" to make him stronger. Side-Effects Include...: Mutation into a powerful but mindless, animalistic One-Winged Angel form, to punish him for what he did to Yugande in the previous episode.
- Smug Snake
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: By saving the Megarangers from becoming data cards, they enabled the destruction of Hinelar City.
- One-Winged Angel: When injured, they transform into their true giant monstrous forms.
- The Psycho Rangers: Japanese counterparts to the Trope Namers.
- Quirky Miniboss Squad
- Shock and Awe: Lack sidearms but make up for it with lightning hand blasts.
- Villainous Rescue: In episode 48, after regaining their material forms, they rescued the Megarangers from Dr. Hinelar, because they claim that the heroes are the prey and no one else's.