Played by Kate Jackson
Played by Farrah Fawcett
- Ms. Fanservice: Even on a show like this she fits the example the most, the poster of her in a red swimsuit being quite famous.
Played by Jaclyn Smith
Played by Cheryl Ladd
Played by Shelley Hack
Played by Tanya Roberts
Played by Cameron Diaz
- Adorkable: She's cute, loves to dance (her introduction scene shows her dancing to disco music in Spiderman underwear), and gets very awkward around guys she likes.
- Badass Adorable: She's a cute blonde who can easily kick your butt.
- The Cutie: She's an adorable, upbeat, happy-go-lucky-blonde.
- Drives Like Crazy: The scene of her as a teenager in drivers ed shows her as this, driving the car sideways.
- Friend to All Living Things: Is seen helping a cow give birth, and knows quite a bit about bird cries.
- Geeky Turn-On: We see her wake up wearing Spider-Man underoos.
- Genius Ditz: She comes off as a bit airheaded but is able to track down the missing Bosley's location just by hearing a bird of a particular species chirp.
- Genki Girl: It's rare that she isn't energetic and optimistic.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: She has light blonde hair and is the sweetest of the Angels.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: Her first scene is her answering the door to receive a package from the mail guy. In her underwear. She's also heavy on the unintentional Double Entendre.
- The Pollyanna: Is always the most optimistic and upbeat of the women.
- Running Gag: Her dancing skills.
Dylan Sanders / Helen Zass
Played by Drew Barrymore
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: The other girls get Genre Savvy about this in the sequels, and lampshades it. First she (unintentionally) falls for Knox, who's secretly the Big Bad and the Thin Man in the sequel.
- Fiery Redhead: Hes rusty red hair and does not take well to having her lighter taken.
- Good Bad Girl: She was a delinquint in her teens, smoking in a bathroom and flipping off the camera and hung around with a bad guy like Seamus, but is heroic and works to stop the true bad guys.
- Significant Green-Eyed Redhead: She has this coloring and is a highly competent private investigator.
- Tomboy: She likes rock music, bad boys, has a bit of a temper, and is generally a lot less girly than sophisticated Alex and Genki Girl Natalie.
- Tomboyish Name: Dylan, but her real name is Helen.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: She does wear skirts and dresses, including flowery ones.
- Unfortunate Names: Her birth name is Helen Zass. Say it slowly aloud.
Played by Lucy Liu
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: She's the quietest of the girls and coldly shuns attempts to hit on her from men (but to be fair, she isn't single).
- Brainy Brunette: She has raven black hair and is by far the most educated of the bunch, even being a chess master.
- Lethal Chef: Chinese battle muffins! Dylan hits Natalie with one in the chest and it looks like it hurt.
- Shaking Her Hair Loose: Her trademark move, slowly for the camera.
- Tomboyish Name: Alex, short for Alexandra.
- Fallen Hero: She had been an angel but quit, due to her arrogance.
- Gangsta Style: With a gold-plated Desert Eagle .50 Action Express.
- Going Fur a Swim: Wore a bikini and full length sable coat.
- Guns Akimbo: With two gold-plated Desert Eagle .50 Action Express.
- It's All About Me: She was never a team player.
- Ms. Fanservice: Obviously- it's Demi Moore wearing just a bikini and fur coat.
- Satanic Archetype: Her backstory is clearly an allegory of the story of Satan. Fallen angel? Get it? Hence why she's often depicted against fiery backgrounds and dies falling into fiery pit. "She is so fired!"
- "Why be an Angel when I can play God?"
The Thin Man
Played by Crispin Glover
- Anti-Hero: In the second movie. He tries to help the angels.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: He's an expert sword fighter and assassin in a sharp suit.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: Pale? Check. Black hair? Check. Creepy bad guy (at first)? Check.
- Fetish: The Thin Man has one for hair, yanking out some of Alex's and Dylan's and rubbing it on his face.
- Lean and Mean: He's quite thin and is on the Big Bad's side in the first film.
- No Name Given: The Thin Man is only ever referred to as this (either that, or "Creepy Thin Man") for the first movie - the second movie, however, reveals that his real name is Anthony (his surname is not given, however).
- Redemption Equals Death: After he helps the Angels and shares a Big Damn Kiss with Dylan, Seamus murders him.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Always has slicked-back hair and a nice suit on.
- Would Hit a Girl: He fights tough against the Angels.
- Psycho Ex Boyfriend: To Dylan. He had attempted to have her murdered for seeing him kill someone else.
- Would Hit a Girl Especially Dylan, after she learned he's a killer.
- He Who Must Not Be Seen: Nobody has ever seen him, he only communicates with his workers through a speaker box. However, Dylan does see him at the beach from a distance (but doesn't tell the others, to respect Charlie's privacy).
- Mysterious Employer: None of his employees but Dylan has ever seen him.
- Retired Badass: Former special forces.
The first Bosley played by Bill Murray, and the second by Bernie Mac in the sequel.
Played by Sam Rockwell
- Adorkable: Eric Knox is a "warm, fuzzy" kind of guy. It's all an act.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: He comes off as an affable guy, and develops a relationship with Dylan. It's all an act.