Trivia: Charlie's Angels
For the original TV series:
- Big Name Fan: Ayn Rand. No, seriously.
- What Could Have Been: Reportedly it was Ayn Rand's favorite show and Farrah Fawcett was her top choice for the role of Dagny Taggart if Atlas Shrugged was ever turned into a movie.note
- Kate Jackson originally signed on to play Kelly, being the first name the showrunners had in mind. However, when she warmed up to the role of the rather brainy Sabrina, the producers cast Jaclyn Smith as Kelly instead. This is why the pilot episode mainly focuses on Kelly.
- At the end of the fifth season, Jaclyn Smith’s five year contract was up, and she had made it clear she was not going to return. Interestingly enough, her character apparently was going to be killed off. But when the show was cancelled instead of renewed, it was decided that Kelly should remain alive for the sake of syndication. Had there been a sixth season of Charlie’s Angels, Kelly would have died.
For the 2000 Film series:
- Actor Allusion: When Dylan uses a flamethrower in Full Throttle, the song "Firestarter" plays, as a reference to Drew Barrymore's role in the film Firestarter.
- In the first film, the house in which the two kids are playing a videogame when a naked Dylan comes knocking is the same house from E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial.
- Jason (played by Matt LeBlanc) is an actor and a bit of a ditz. Sound familiar?
- Bruce Willis plays the first federal agent Madison Lee (Demi Moore) kills. Guess that divorce wasn't as amicable as they made it seem...
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Matt LeBlanc is Jason, Robert Patrick is Ray Carter, a young Shia LeBouf is Max, and Crispin Glover is the Thin Man.
- Retroactive Recognition: Melissa Mc Carthy as Doris, the Red Star receptionist.
For the reboot TV series:
- Fake American: Rachel Taylor as an American since she's an Australian.
- The Pete Best or The Other Marty: Robert Wagner was set to be the voice of Charlie (replacing the late John Forsythe) but was prevented by scheduling conflicts; ultimately Victor Garber supplied Charlie's voice.