Elizabeth Banks (born Elizabeth Irene Mitchell, February 10, 1974) is an American actress, producer and director. She changed her last name to avoid confusion with actress Elizabeth Mitchell.She describes herself as having been seen as a "goody two-shoes" in her youth who was nominated for the local Harvest Queen.You can learn more of her in The Other Wiki.
open/close all folders
She appeared in
- Spider-Man Trilogy as Betty Brant
- Catch Me If You Can as Lucy Forrest
- The 40-Year-Old Virgin as Beth
- Slither as Starla Grant
- Definitely, Maybe as Sarah /"Emily" Jones-Hayes
- Zack and Miri Make a Porno as Miriam "Miri" Linky
- W. as Laura Bush
- The Uninvited (2009) as Rachel Summers
- The Next Three Days as Lara Brennan
- Our Idiot Brother as Miranda Rochlin
- Man on a Ledge as Lydia Mercer
- The Hunger Games as Effie Trinket
- What to Expect When You're Expecting as Wendy
- People Like Us as Frankie
- Pitch Perfect as Gail Abernathy-McKadden
- Movie 43 as Amy
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire as Effie Trinket
- The LEGO Movie as Wyldstyle/Lucynote
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Parts 1 & 2 as Effie Trinket
- Love & Mercy as Melinda Ledbetter
- Pitch Perfect 2 as Gail Abernathy-McKadden (also director)
- Power Rangers (2017) as Rita Repulsa
- All My Children as Waitress
- Sex and the City as Catherine
- Law & Order: SVU as Janina Tobias Jansen
- Without a Trace as Clarissa
- Stella (US) as Tamara
- Scrubs as Dr. Kim Briggs
- The Muppets as Herself
- American Dad! as Becky Aragino, Lisa Silver
- Modern Family as Sal
- 30 Rock as Avery Jessup
- Family Guy as Pam Fisherman
- Robot Chicken as Mrs. Claus/Shana "Scarlett' O'Hara
- Phineas and Ferb as Grulinda
- Moonbeam City as Pizzaz Miller
- Cold Ham: She's having the time of her life as Rita Repulsa, but her performance is very subdued and she makes a very effective use of her indoor voice.
- Dramedy: Majority of her films.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: Banks frequently plays "blond-bombshell" characters.
- Ms. Fanservice: Frequently play these, mostly with Everyone Loves Blondes playing a factor. Again, mostly but not all.
- Older Than They Look: Has aged quite well for someone in her early 40's.
- Romantic Comedy: Another majority of her films.
- Promoted Fangirl: She sought out the role of Effie in The Hunger Games because she loved the books. She also requested that her character not be Demoted to Extra in the third and fourth films - and Suzanne Collins loved her performance so much that she rewrote much of Mockingjay to reinstate Effie into the main cast and expand her story accordingly.
- Shipper on Deck/One of Us: Stated that she shipped Effie/Haymitch from early on in The Hunger Games - a Fan Preferred Pairing despite having little basis in the books - and asked Suzanne Collins if they could get together in the end in the movies. And indeed - by Mockingjay, Part 2, it's heavily implied that they do.
- Stage Name: Her real name is Elizabeth Mitchell. But since there's already an actress with that name, she changed her surname to Casey and eventually Banks.