- Cargo Ship: Pauline Campbell-Jones and her pen.
- Ensemble Dark Horse - Papa Lazarou has only had a few appearances, but is probably the series' best-known and best-loved character.
- Jerkass Woobie: Ross with both characteristics being a product of his being the Only Sane Man whose logic is the last hold-out against the waves of insanity that surround Royston Vasey.
- Memetic Molester: Papa Lazarou. "You're my wife now!"
- Memetic Mutation - "Hello DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE!"
- "You're my wife now!"
- "This is a local meme for local people. There's nothing for you here."
- Within-universe, it is strongly implied that "Excuse me, has anybody got a bottle of orange juice?" becomes a meme.
- "EXCOOVE ME...HAVE ANYBODY HERE GOT ANY OW-AN DOOVE!!!"
- "Eskewed beef! Have anybody got any bockle ourange joof?"
- Moment of Awesome:
I am not a girl! I'm a man! And at least I've had a boyfriend, unlike YOU, YOU STUPID FUCKING SHIT!
- One of Tish's "friends" finally telling her off in Live at Drury Lane.
- In an episode that seems to be all about screwing over every last one of the series' Staight Men, it is absurdly satisfying to see Ross tell Pauline that he's actually been an auditor this whole time, and that he's collected enough evidence of her violent and belittling behavior to ensure she'll never work in the government again in the first series finale.
- Nightmare Retardant: The build-up to the exact appearance and nature of the "Beast of Royston Vasey" feels almost unbearable...until one of the autopsy crew is radioed about the roundabout zookeeper missing animals which just happen to be the same ones the Beast was said to contain elements from.
- Paranoia Fuel - Herr Lipp's subplot in the Christmas Special.
- Tear Jerker: In the 2017 series it's revealed that Pauline now has dementia and that Ross and Mickey have been brought in to help with an exercise to help jog her memory. There's a scene where she steps out of the room after telling Mickey to hand out pens to the rest of the "job seekers" and she can be seen standing in silence and staring into space until an attendant has to get her to go back in. When she does, it takes her a moment to even remember her own name.
- The Woobie - Mickey, Les, and any animal who gets anywhere near Mr. Chinnery.
- Hell, Mr. Chinnery himself, a chipper, happy man who loves animals and yet will inevitably kill any he gets close to.
YMMV / The League of Gentlemen