Lanny Mark Poffo (born December 28, 1954) is a semi-retired Canadiannote -American Professional Wrestler and manager best known for his time in WWE in the 1980s and early 1990s. He debuted in 1973 and worked for various National Wrestling Alliance territories as well as his father Angelo's outlaw promotion International Championship Wrestling, which ran in direct opposition to Jerry Lawler's CWA promotion in Memphis.
Among his in-ring achievements, he was a former 3x ICW World Heavyweight Champion, a former 4x ICW World Tag Team Champion (3x w/George Weingeroff and 1x w/Mike Doggendorf), a former 2x NWA (Detroit) World Tag Team Champion (1x w/Angelo Poffo and 1x w/Chris Colt), a former NWA Mid-America Heavyweight Champion, a former NWA Mid-America Tag-Team Champion (w/Bobby Eaton) and a former Gulf Coast Tag Team Champion (w/ Randy Savage).
- Autobiography: 1988's Wrestling With Rhyme
- Badass Beard/Beard of Evil: Depending on whether he was a face or a heel.
- Cultured Badass: Would read poetry to the audience on the back of frisbees as "Leaping" Lanny.
- Finishing Move: Moonsault, Honor Roll
- Genius Bruiser: Was this as The Genius.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: When your brother is Randy Savage...
- Power Stable: The First Family, led by Jimmy Hart in Memphis.
- Red Baron: "Leaping" and "The Genius."
- Underwear of Power
- Ur-Example: One of the first North American wrestlers to use the Senton Bomb and the moonsault on a regular basis.
- Wrestling Family: His brother was "Macho Man" Randy Savage, and his father, Angelo Poffo, was a famous wrestler in the 1950s and 60s.