- "From Montreal to Memphis, Parlez-vous français?
Tell all the girls, the Rougeaus on their way
Don't call us Pretty Boys, we're not a musclehead
We hate that long-haired look, we like the Preppy look instead"
Jacques Rougeau Jr. (b. June 13, 1960) is a retired French-Canadian Professional Wrestler best known for his years in WWE, first as a member of the Tag Team The (Fabulous) Rougeau Brothers with his brother Raymond, then as The Mountie, and then as a member of The Quebecers with Pierre Carl Ouellette.
Among his in-ring achievements, he is a former WWE Intercontinental Heavyweight Champion as The Mountie, a 3x WWE World Tag Team Champion with Pierre Carl Ouellette, a former NWA Central States Tag Team Champion as "Jerry Roberts" with Bruce (Butch) Reed, a former Southern (Memphis) Heavyweight Champion, a former 2x NWA (Tennessee) Mid-America Heavyweight Champion, a former NWA Alabama Heavyweight Champion, a former NWA Southeastern Heavyweight Champion, and a 5x International (Quebec) Tag Team Champion with his brother Raymond.
As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki.
"We're All American Tropes":
- Always Gets His Man: In his theme as The Mountie.
- Badass Teacher: He and Pierre Carl Ouelette trained Kevin Steen/Kevin Owens.
- Bilingual Bonus: As part of The Rougeau Brothers' heel turn, they had a "Do It Yourself" Theme Tune called "All American Boys." The second verse included the lyrics, "On peut pas les sentir/Dans le monde ils sont les pires/On aime les faire facher quand qu'on dit 'We love the USA'." The French lyrics translated to "We can't stand them/They are the worst in the world/We like to anger them when we say 'We love the USA'." This elevated what may have appeared to be a standard Funny Foreigner act to something nastier for the benefit of French-speaking fans.
- Canada, Eh?: He was born in Saint-Sulpice, Quebec.
- Civvie Spandex: Wrestles in his Mountie gear.
- Cool Shades: As The Mountie.
- Dirty Cop: As The Mountie.
- Dreadful Musician: Sings in both his Mountie and Quebecers themes... off-key.
- Foreign Wrestling Heel: Played straight as The Mountie, and as a member of The Quebecers/The Amazing French-Canadians (in WCW). Cleverly played as a member of The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers, since they would carry little American Flags with them to the ring and were billed from Memphis, TN, the hometown of their manager, Jimmy Hart.
- Humiliating Wager: Lost a Jailhouse Match to The Big Bossman at SummerSlam 91.
- "I Am" Song: His theme was like this."I'm the Mountie
I'm handsome, I'm brave, I'm strong
I'm the Mountie
And I enforce the law"
- Nice Hat: As The Mountie.
- Power Stable: Was briefly a member of Lance Storm's Team Canada in WCW in 2000.
- Sibling Team: With his older brother Raymond as the Fabulous Rougeau Brothers.
- Start My Own: He had his own promotion, Lutte Familale, from 1999-2011.
- Stun Guns: His Weapon of Choice.
- Tag Team: The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers (with Raymond Rougeau), The Quebecers (with Pierre Oulette)
- Troll: Their "All-American Boys" theme and gimmick was very much this. To this day, people who comment on the video someone posted of the song still don't get the joke.
- Wrestling Doesn't Pay: A wrestling mountie.
- Wrestling Family: A third-generation performer of a five-generation family, going back to his grandfather Ed Auger.
- "We're All-American Boys, we're All-American Boys"