- It's stated that in his dramatic escape from the Japanese, he killed them with his Medal. Where did he get it from? They don't exactly pass them out at fundraisers, but Dempsey's heroic act earning him the Medal is never mentioned? I would think something like that would be pretty notable.
- In the messages people find by exploring the maps (usually by making crawlers to explore), we hear of a man named Edward that sounds like Richotfen talking about some of the mode's plot. Edward is a man who killed his fellow scientist and daughter during an experiment that created the Hellhounds. Richtofen knows about the use of the teleporters and Wonderwaffe which caused many players who heard his voice as Edward to assume that they are the same person. Prior to Black Ops' release Treyarch confirmed the 'Richtofen is Edward' connection.
- Richtofen is the True Big Bad
- How else would a US Marine, a Japanese Captain, a Russian Soldier and a Nazi German Mad Doctor end up in a Massive German Laboratory/Factory months after the end of the war?
- Tank Dempsey - Died on Peleliu, the story about gnawing his way out of the bamboo cage and killing his captors with a pin and his Medal of Honor are obviously a false, over the top story made up by the Marine to explain how he is still alive, in a way suitable to his belief that he is ultracompetant. He is being punished for his ego and thinking of the Japanese as less than human.
- Nikolai Belinski - Died on the Eastern Front after killing his fifth wife. Was likely killed with a flamethrower, as he states upon setting a zombie on fire "I was on fire once, it was no fun.". Obviously being punushed for killing his wives.
- Captain Takeo Masaki - Died in the Pacific. Punished for his cavalier philosophy toward life.
- Doctor Edward Richtofen - (I'll figure out how he died later, Any ideas?. Punished for all the deaths he has been responsible for.)
- Perhaps he died in a bombing or was killed by one of his underlings or maybe by a Russian soldier.
- I would guess by one of his many "experiments" who was .
- maybe he was executed for war crimes, that and/or he escaped to Argentina where he was killed.
- If that's the case, if all the Zombies drop power-ups to aid in their survival, could that mean Samantha (the demonic announcer) is actually HELPING them?!
- I know this one has been long jossed, but I want to add my own ideas.
- Tank-Probably tortured by Takeo before Semper Fi. Punished for racist thinking.
- Takeo-One of the countless enemies Miller kills during the campaign. Punished for animal cruelty and slaughtering his family (from Shangri-La)
- Nikolai-Killed by Richtofen during the campaign. Punished for alcoholism and thoughtless killing.
- Richtofen-Killed by Reznov and Dimitri in Vendetta while using a fake name. Punished for his barbarity.
- Jossed on the MOON
- Considering what Benn (yes, I know) has been saying, this may, in fact, be half-confirmed. The characters are not dead, but they never existed.
- Confirmed for the Alcartaz mobsters.
- The are overrun by Zombies, and the zombies go on ahead to move out onto the world. The teleporter somehow f**ked up again, didn't kill all the zombies and sent them straight to the Pentagon...which is "Five".
- Jossed by Ascension.
At first they didn't believe it, until their space monkeys and eventually the Cosmic Sliverback, returned from the moon, highly affected by the high amounts of 115 on the moon. (No clipping in "Five" allows you to read the back of the "Exposed" book in the Panic Room, which has a picture of the Cosmic Silverback and says "They sent him to the moon, but he came back".) But unlike the other zombies, the Cosmic Sliverback showed the same signs as the four main characters, growing stronger instead of being completely mindless. Cosmic Silverback sent his Space Monkey brethern to Ascension for some ulterior motive, while he participated in the events of Dead Ops Arcade.
Once they saw it was true, they used humans, and began making the Zombies.
After Der Rise, the four from World at War, take a teleporter. Since one of them (possibly Tank or Richtofen) had a Wunderwaffe, it was the equivalent of putting tinfoil in a microwave. The result of the 115 reaction warps them to Vietnam. The zombies they didn't kill are still crawling the ruins of the Nazi theater (it can't be the same time as the other four maps, because looking outside you see it's the Havanna map.
After their success in recreating the Nazi Zombies, the Russians launched them on the Pentagon to eliminate Kennedy and Castro, thus being the only "power" left in the war. The bowels of the Pentagon show experiments of their own with Nova 6, and hints that the Pentagon Thief went insane from the gas or from 115 since it was implied to be that the Winters Howl was American-made, as well as dismantling a Nazi teleporter, which led to the teleporter tech in the Pentagon. (In fact, the Russians may not have sent them at all, they could've came from the teleporter when the Thief began taking it apart. The Russians just went with the flow and sent Gas Zombies).
The Pentagon Thief had gotten stronger instead of being a zombie (no glowing eyes and intelligence to use the teleporters) and started to cause trouble.
Before that, the scientist seen in the comic at the beginning of Ascension (Gersch), could've accidentally opened a teleporter and almost released the girl (Samantha, the one Rictofen left to die with her father, and presumed to be the demonic announcer), hence why he says "you must restore the power before SHE comes", which implies she's more powerful than the zombies. Meeting all the requirements of the mission will open a portal, with the man thanking the characters and then a demonic scream of what can be assumed to be him stopping Samantha's return.
Playing with the Red Phones in Ascension allows you to overhear the fight between Kennedy and the Zombies at the Pentagon, which implies they take place at the same time. Kennedy proved to be too smart to take down with force, so they sent Alex Mason to do the job.
Later on down the road, George Romero finds Nazi documents telling about the zombies and 115. So he manages to recruit the four stars and take them to Sebirea under the guise of filming another zombie movie, but in reality trying to learn the secret of 115. All hell breaks loose, and George gets kidnapped, then 115 makes him stronger and retain his awareness somewhat.
Meanwhile, our four time lost heroes wind up stuck in a room with a broken teleporter, and task the stars to help them get the teleporter in the room operational (and find Nicholai some vodka). Doing so sends them to Paradise, which is believed to be a bigger version of The Temple from the Nintendo DS version of Black Ops.
BTW: Is it poor writing when the storyline of a completely unrelated minigame makes the main storyline BETTER?
- I would say that the moon would joss this theory, but I remembered that the moon could actually be set after/during 2025, which would make sense since in Die Rise you see SDC troops.
- C'mon, you want to see it happen. Shortly after Bin Laden is captured, instead of killing him, Obama takes him to Gitmo to try to find the location of the rest of Al Qaeda. Mc Cain is there to try to talk Obama out of letting Bin Laden live, and Palin is...well, she's Sarah Palin, she needs no excuse.
- Too Soon
- Only too soon because it wouldn't be made in time. Place your bets on this being DLC.
- You're forgetting one thing. The Modern Warfare and the Black Ops series are made by TWO different compaines, Activision and Treyarch respectivly. So Modern Warfare 3 can't have Zombies, as they're most likely copyrighted by Treyarch.
- Actually, Infinity Ward made Modern Warfare. Activision publishes the games.
- With Bruce Campbell, Anthony Perkins, David Arquette and Eliza Dushku. The boss? John Carpenter. And since Hayley Williams endorses it and all one of her songs will be in it.
- The games' story means this is only valid for Nacht Der Untoten, where there is no announcer.
- Would explain a great deal.
- Sakuya's name isn't her real name.
- Appears confirmed. Aside from what the poster shows, nothing is known.
- The reveal trailer confirms her...however, it also confirms that she apparently does not fight alongside Dempsey and company— instead, it shows her alongside another new character, a male survivor with a beard and glasses. An article released the same day clarified that they are two of the main characters for the new zombie campaign, "Tranzit".
- One of the promo posters has her wielding a minigun. Slayer strength FTW.
- Basically confirmed by this article, which mentions that the events of "Moon" had lasting consequences.
- I've got one. Obviously, they're now on the moon, with nothing to return to. They're either going to run out of oxygen or finally be overrun.
- Likely Jossed, seeing as Word of God confirmed they'll make another appearance perhaps another "Freaky Friday" Flip with the new main characters, like how Richtofen and Samantha swapped bodies during Richtofen's Grand Scheme?
- Completely Jossed, as the new trailer, Origins, shows the four are alive.
- Not Jossed. Origins takes place in WW1 France and shows the four Original Characters meeting for the first time. Which means Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Samantha-in-Rictofen's-body are still on the Moon.
- For a number of reasons. 1. The needle bounces back and forth when the gun is fired in Black Ops, as if it had a spike of radiation (or whatever Element 115 radiates). 2. The needle then becomes erratic during Black Ops 2's Green Run and Nuketown Zombies, both taking place where NUCLEAR MISSILES struck the surface. The radiation has reverted to a small enough level for humans to venture forth with no real effects, hence why it's stuck in the yellow section, but bobbing quite a lot.
- Admittedly, it's mostly a desire to revisit the concept of "Five" and Rule of Cool that motivated this guess, but it would still be awesome if they did it. And like a much older guess on the COD WMG page suggested, Reagan would indeed yell "Tear down this wall!" when opening up new areas.
- What. The. Fuck. Getoutta here, before you kill us all!
- Well, a good amount of the details are Jossed (or are dangerously closed to being Jossed), but the main premise of the last level being the prologue to the whole Zombies story arc is more or less confirmed: it just takes in a 1918, WWI-era France. With Diesel Punk technology. And the main characters being younger than they are now (although all the assorted Timey-Wimey Ball shenanigans, and the fact Samantha is the narrator in the trailer definitely raises lots of questions on just what the hell is going on). Oh, and did I forget to mention the Humongous Mecha stomping about the place?
- What. The. Fuck. Getoutta here, before you kill us all!
- Not likely, as most of the events are the result of a "Groundhog Day" Loop. It's further implied that the reason for this loop, as well as the futuristic weaponry in 1933 is the result of the four being trapped in hell.
- Some of this had some of the beats right. Brutus is a servant of the Apothicon race, who created the MPD, introduced 115 to our universe and by extension the zombies, and are trying to open a gateway to Agartha.
Tank Dempsey was sent to extract Peter Mc Cain by a man only known as Cornelius Pernell. This man started the loop. But why? Because that was a self-insert in a comic book. The whole storyline was created to scare children. Cornelius is the Author. Arlington is the Illustrator. Maxis is the Editor.
- May I ask why this story was meant to scare children? Outside of the obvious undead aspect (and generic Science Is Bad themes from screwing with the laws of physics), I can't really see any overarching moral one can need to Scare 'em Straight. Unless, this was, say, an In-Universe series of comic books that can best be described as EC Horror meets Weird Wars meets The Walking Dead.//
- Jossed. It's a very real event taking place in The House.
- Jossed. The official timeline later confirmed that Moon takes place in 2025, and the Victis maps take place in 2035.
Unfortunatly for him, he was stuck into Afterlife. And then the Green Run crew met him.
- There will be a map with Barack Obama, Vladimir Putin, Angela Merkel and Sylvio Berlusconi
- The events that occur in The Giant will connect to The Shadows of Evil storyline.
- Two of the three remaining maps will revolve around sealing Takeo and Nikolai's original souls inside the Summoning Key, and the final one will be a remake of Moon, where Richtofen intends to place the key into the Pyramid to save Samantha, but the machine requires a soul to sacrifice. Richtofen sacrifices himself to save Sam, and he destroys the zombies and the pyramid for good, saving the universe.
- Probably Jossed for the Moon part. The Moon is blown up in the Der Eisendrache easter egg.
- To expand on the guess about Takeo and Nikolaï, if they are as we know them in Black ops 1, Nikolaï will be a Boss Battle with him refusing to die but Takeo will accept his fate.
- Confirmed for the Takeo part. The two have a quiet conversation at the end of which his older self asks young Takeo to decapitate him.
- Confirmed for Nikolai's side, he tries to shoot Origins!Nikolai, and gets a shotgun to the chest in response.
- jug-eun guggyeong: takes place on the Korean DMZ. Characters: Kim Jong Un, Xi Linping or Vladimir Putin, whoever wins the next US election, Park Geun-hye. Plot: the leaders of North and South Korea along with their allies leaders attempt to hold a peaceful Negotiation. But then Zombies Appear, and the leaders have to put aside their differences to survive against zombies in the most dangerous Border on the planet.
- And I don't mean just killing their WW2 selves. The last two songs, 'Dead Again' and 'Dead Flowers' seems to put an emphasis on death.
- It will be a Spiritual Successor to Origins (Meaningful Name anyone?)
- It will feature a crapton of callbacks to prior maps.
- Confirmed. Bits and pieces of old maps are teleported by the Shadow Man.
- It will be set in Agartha - with the final battle being against the Demonic Controller itself.
- Confirmed for the Agartha part seemingly.
- Monty will have a physical apperance.
- Confirmed He appears in the intro.
- The song's name will be "Alive".
- Jossed: It's The Gift.