Baku Baku Animal: World Zookeeper Contest is Stock Animal Diets, the Falling Blocks competitive puzzle arcade game, created by Sega in 1995 for arcades. It was later ported to the Sega Saturn, Sega Master System, Game Gear, and Microsoft Windows the following year, along with a Mobile version in 2002. The gameplay apparently maps to taking care of animals really well so you, as Polly or Gon, can become the Royal Zookeeper for the Princess.
As a competitive puzzle game, the game bears similarities to the Puyo Puyo series of puzzle games, which Sega would eventually acquire the rights to.
This game contains examples of:
- Absolute Cleavage: The Princess is the only character with an Impossible Hourglass Figure who isn't completely covered.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: Angela and T3 wear nothing at all, but they're also made entirely of metal.
- Chrome Champion: Angela and T3 are completely metallic. Angela comes in both silver and golden.
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: Food blocks and animal blocks that are compatible with each other share the same color.
- Dueling Player Characters: Polly and Gon face off against each other in their own stories.
- Easy-Mode Mockery: If you clear story mode with fewer than four animal types, you just get a message from the Minister telling you to play again properly if you want to see the ending.
- Eye Pop: Gallopy does this when he's losing a match and when he loses.
- Family Man: T3 is competing in the contest so he can support his family.
- Final Boss: The Princess.
- I Let You Win: Story-wise, the Minister goes easy on Polly or Gon because both and he and the King have already chosen them for the job and want to get the contest over with. The queen's not having it.
- Impossible Hourglass Figure: Any woman who isn't Polly. Angela, Nurse Grape, the Queen and the Princess.
- I Want My Mommy!: Gon cries for his mom when he's beaten by Polly.
- Jerkass: Nurse Grape is completely rude in each of her appearances.
- Just a Kid: Most of the opponents underestimate Polly and Gon for this very reason, including the princess herself.
- Kid Hero: Both Polly and Gon, the playable protagonists.
- Market-Based Title: Outside Japan it was marketed as just Baku Baku. Though this didn't seem to extend past the packaging.
- Meaningful Name: "Baku Baku" roughly translates to "Chomp Chomp".
- The Mentor: Piggy, or "Master Piggy" as Polly calls him, challenges the protagonists to train and prepare them for the path ahead.
- Ocular Gushers: Gon starts pulling this when he's losing the match and goes full throttle when he loses.
- Punny Name: Polly and Gon. The Sega Saturn was Sega's first console with polygon-based graphics, you see...
- Royal Brat: The Minister clearly sees the princess as this in the opening.
- Shout-Out: If T3's name wasn't enough, he looks like the T-1000 with the physique of Arnold Schwarzenegger, and sure likes to flex those muscles.
- Sore Loser: Gon and Angela when they're beaten as opponents.
- Stock Animal Diet: Dogs eat bones. Monkeys eat bananas. Rabbits eat carrots. Pandas eat bamboo. Mice eat cheese. If you somehow have trouble remembering this, they're also color-coded.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: The king is very short while the queen is tall.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: The queen has blue hair, and the princess has green.