GENESIS is a military organization/ sci-fi roleplay located on the forums of Gaia Online.
The story starts with three groups of genetically altered young adults, each having been engineered by a not-so-secret company called GenetiCorp. Some of these kids volunteered for the experiments, others did not, however. The first batch of super-humans made in this project were deemed ineffective. The kids were thrown out onto the streets, with no family to remember them. It was a big suprise when they turned out to have powers after all. Powerful powers. They formed a group called Genesis, who's main goal was to expose the unethical and horrible treatment by GenetiCorp while dismantling the establishment. The second batch were called Agents. No, not those agents. They were at GenetiCorp's beck and call. Agents weren't as powerful as the members of Genesis, however, they were well loved by the citizens for being peacekeepers... Unlike Genesis. A third project was started on a while later to replace the Agents: Project Omega. These individuals were almost as powerful as the members of Genesis, but they were confused about their purpose, so escaped from the GenetiCorp headquarters. The Agents and Genesis rush to recruit these lost souls to help with their cause, but GenetiCorp has their own plans...
The main thread of the roleplay is located here.
There is also a character sheet here
This roleplay contains examples of:
- Action Girls: All female characters, pretty much.
- All Your Base Are Belong to Us: Potentially the situation if the Agents don't stop Genesis from having their little field-day.
- Battle Amongst the Flames: Averted, but almost played straight.
- Big Damn Heroes: Stella to Austin. Subverted in that she's just trying to win his trust.
- Born Unlucky: Poor Austin has to be the most unlucky person in the world.
- City with No Name: Averted. The city's name is
- Classified Information: The Omega Project.
- Clear My Name: Genesis.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Hannah drops one of these when getting shot in the arm. Anthony drops these on a regular basis.
- Crapsack World: The world before the start of GenetiCorp's projects.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: "He was all fingers and ill-will, getting revenge for her revenge and targeting almost any place that may have been sensitive to feverish strokes of his hands and fingers..."
- "....Oh my god. Ugh..UGH. OH GOD! S-so..So good! AAAGH."
- Faux Death: Angeline pulls this off when rescuing Keno. Only for a couple of minutes, though.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Why could there have possibly been a tampon and a condom in the medicine cabinet?
- Go Back to the Source
- Government Conspiracy
- Grey and Gray Morality: There is no true "good" or "bad" side.
- Heroic Sacrifice: On Anthony's part. Became rather useless once Keno decided to jump in and save him at the last second.
- Ho Yay: Jax and Jowee, full stop. Pretty much the main source of any Ho Yay.
- Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy: The Red Shirt Army Mooks.
- Inside a Computer System
- Indy Ploy
- It's Personal
- Jerkass Façade: Anthony.
- Knowledge Broker
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Just about most of the Omegas should have this early on.
- Never Recycle a Building: The reason the Genesis base exists.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Angeline and Anthony.
- Red Shirt Army: Everyone who's not a character and happens to be working for GenetiCorp and happens to be carrying a gun. They're Mooks! Well, to Genesis. No one can tell who's good or bad...
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right!!: Genesis' philosophy.
- Shut Up And "Take That!" Kiss: Aries to Serenity, under odd circumstances.
- Sliding Scale of Silliness vs. Seriousness: The Agents.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Angel likes to blow stuff up. A lot.
- "Take That!" Kiss: Angel to Aries, just because she can. BST, anyone?
- Tomboy and Girly Girl : Angel is the Tomboy to Amber's Girly Girl
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: Aries and Angel, to the tune of BST.
- Utopia Justifies the Means: GenetiCorp....!
- Well Intentioned Extremists: Obviously Genesis.
- Where the Hell Is Springfield?: Where the hell is this city?
- The Woobie: Many a character falls into this category; Jowee, Keno, and Hannah just to name a few.
- You Rebel Scum!!: Said in some form to the Genesis by various types of GenetiCorp employees.
- Your Head A-Splode