Project ; HALCYON is an advanced literate to elite level roleplay on the forums of Gaia Online.
The story of Project; Halcyon is centered around a number of students who attend Mikomi Academy, a demon hunting school. These specific students, for a number of reasons, have been selected to be a part of Project Halcyon, a special team run by Irie Yasha, one of the most powerful demon hunters in history. As members of project Halcyon the students are expected to go on missions to hunt demons as well as retrieve fragments: small, crystal-like concentrations of demonic energy, which are capable of bringing a defeated demon back to life if they are not "dead." While roughly half of the Halcyon team members are in fact working for Irie and her cause, half of them are working for the director of Mikomi Academy, a man who's intentions are sinister yet unclear, in exchange for whatever he has promised them in return. The roleplay is comprised of numerous twists centered around each character.
The main thread of the roleplay is located here.
There is also a character sheet here
This roleplay contains examples of:
- Action Girls: Many of the female characters.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Tsura and Atsuki, Project Halcyon's leaders, are not only the only two characters to have demons sealed inside them, but also the strongest fighters on the team by far.
- Born Unlucky: And how.
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Girl: Koide and Matsuri. Totally.
- Cursed With Awesome: Atsuki and Tsura receive a lot of their power from the demons sealed inside them, which seem potentially very dangerous. However, both characters seem to have a certain amount of control over their demons.
- Dysfunction Junction: Pffff, where do I begin?
- Get A Hold Of Yourself Man: Koide to Hayato after the Kappa Temple.
- Home Base: Yasha Temple.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Akemi and Shinobu, as well as Atsuki and Tsura (at first anyway).
- Tomboy and Girly Girl : Shinobu and Akemi. And boy do they hate each other for it.
- Took a Level in Badass: Hayato goes from C to B rank after he defeats the Kappa.
- The Woobie: There are probably less characters that aren't woobies than there are characters that are.
- Younger Than They Look: Both Koide and Kizuna, considering they're both clones of Atsuki and Tsura created only a few years ago.