- =====> CONTAIN YOUR HAPPINESS KNAVE!!!!
Youve finally done it. After hundreds of hours of play, level after level, trial after trial and death after death, you and your friends have succeeded. You have beaten sburb, and stand on the cusp of your reward.
However, instead of creating a new universe, something you and your friends did during the session has triggered an alternate victory; a NEWGAME+ and the universe you enter is your own, at the moment of your birth. IT KEEPS HAPPENING.
You have no memory of your previous life. No memory of the friends who dont exist in this world because they died in the last. No memory of the game that you are about to play; SBURB.
But even if you did remember it, this would not be the SBURB you played before.
NEWGAME+ is a currently ongoing Homestuck role play. Hosted on the MSPA forums it follows 6 kids who get together to play a video game that will change their lives. Little do they yet realize that they have played this game once before.
A combination of Second-Person Narration, pesterlogs and artwork, NEWGAME+ can be read as own world
NEWGAME+ provides examples of:
- Adults Are Useless: So far all they do is die or disappear.
- Adventure Game
- Badass Longcoat: Kevin is almost never seen without his detective's trench coat.
- Betty and Veronica: the love triangle between Kevin, Jack, and Hannah.
- Character Portrait
- City Noir: Kevin's Land of Grey and Mysteries.
- Creepy Doll: Due to prototyping, Hannah's sprites and imps are like this.
- Creepy Cathedral: Dan's land.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Kevin vs. Lust "He throws her into the coat rack, and strides over to her limp body. He begins to kick, and kick and kick her face."
- Daddy's Girl: Hannah.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Jack and Impsprite.
- Demonic Possession: Has been happening quite a lot lately.
- Eldritch Abomination: The Noble Circle of Horrorterrors.
- Every Man Has His Price: Kevin's mother took bribes from Skaianet.
- Eye Scream: an imp gets its eyes burned out with a cigar, an ogre gets two bullets to the corneas at point blank range, and many others.
- Evil Is Not a Toy: Kevin treats evil like a toy, and is now paying the price.
- Friendly Enemy: Jack and Kevin have been getting friendlier in recent logs.
- Friendly Rival: Ursula and Kevin always compete to be the better hero.
- Go Mad from the Revelation: Kevin is starting to show signs of this, with unexplained violent behavior and garbled words.
- Hate Plague
- Hearing Voices: Happening to the kids in the form of Exile communication.
- Hyperspace Arsenal: Captchaloguing, of course.
- I Just Want to Be Badass: Kevin's main personality. He is just a kid who wants to be a badass detective.
- Joshikousei: Hannah wears a typical Japanese school uniform.
- Kid Detective: Kevin, the sleuth enthusiast.
- Kid Hero: Well, they're doing their best.
- Lonely Doll Girl: Hannah.
- Lonely Rich Kid: Hannah's father is never home, leaving her alone in the mansion.
- Magical Girl: Hannah's a big fan, and has shades of this because of it.
- Mega-Corp: Skaianet.
- Minecart Madness: In Hannah's land.
- Nice Hat: Hannah gives Kevin one for his birthday.
- Odango Hair: Hannah wears her hair like this because she's an Otaku.
- Omnidisciplinary Scientist: Trevor is skilled in quite a few branches of science.
- Parting Words Regret
- Psychic Nosebleed: Kevin has been getting them after messing with the furthest ring.
- Reluctant Mad Scientist: Trevor.
- Sanity Slippage: Kevin has begun to crumble under the stress and go a little Axe-Crazy.
- Second-Person Narration
- Scary Scorpions: Dan's uncle has them everywhere, though the most important is Hilda and later Hildasprite.
- Solve the Soup Cans
- Sweat Drop: Hannah's emoticons.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: Corrupted Kevin is a lot more powerful, physically and in relation to his time powers than regular Kevin.
- The Cape: Ursula sees herself this way.
- The Coats Are Off: Possibly Dan's uncle but we're not sure yet.
- The Corruption: The dark forces of the Horrorterrors are slowly corrupting Kevin, and he is slowly becoming more of a monster.
- The Cowl: Kevin sees himself this way.
- The Spark of Genius: Trevor.
- Triang Relations: Jack and Kevin both like Hannah. Whether she reciprocates to either is up for debate.
- Troubling Unchildlike Behaviour
- Victory-Guided Amnesia: the kids forget their victory at the end of the first session, and grow up with no knowledge of ever playing Sburb.
- Videogame Cruelty Potential: Kevin has become increasingly violent in his treatment of enemy characters, even using a lit cigar to burn out an imps eyes as a lesson to not try to sneak attack him.
- Walls of Text: The Pesterlogs can become this.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Hannah at least begins this way. Time will tell if it sticks.
- Worthy Opponent: Jack and Kevin.
- Writing by the Seat of Your Pants