Index | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24
Directed by Michael Lange
Mulder and Scully hunt an invisible assassin.
- Calling Card: A gaping skull, with bloody swords. On the other side is a King of Diamonds.
- Danger Takes a Backseat: A variation—twice—because the character in danger and the killer are both sitting in the backseat of a limo. The killer being invisible allows him to effectively hide from his victims.
- How We Got Here: The episode begins at an event to re-consecrate a monument to Vietnam War veterans. It then goes back to show the day preceded, with the event being the climax.
- Invisibility: Teager is able to induce a blindspot on the people around himself, making him virtually invisible to them.
- Right-Wing Militia Fanatic: The Right Hand group, who wind up being a Red Herring.
- Rule of Three: Teager has three targets. One dies very early on, the second one has the FBI's protection but is killed anyway, and the third one is saved in the climax.
- The Vietnam Vet: Teager and his victims. Skinner is also one.
Mulder: So did Nathaniel Teager.