Mulder and Scully investigate a plane crash that may have been caused by an encounter with a UFO.
- All There in the Script: You could be forgiven for not knowing that the unnamed Syndicate assassin that serves as this two-parter's primary villain was named Scott Garrett and not Moustache Man.
- The Atoner: Louis Frisch who feels horrible after his part in causing an airplane crash.
- Call-Back: Mulder and Scully get involved because one of the crash victims was Max Fenig, from the episode "Fallen Angel".
- Chase Scene: The car chase on the airport runway.
- Foreign Language Title: Latin for "time flies".
- Lean and Mean: The Conspiracy's latest catspaw is a wiry thin man.
- Myth Arc: A bare bones entry, with no sign of The Syndicate.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Millar is skeptical of Mulder like everyone else but once evidence starts piling up, he quickly comes on their side.
- Shoot the Shaggy Dog: Pendrell, getting in the way of the bullet.
- Wham Shot: Mulder seeing the drowned alien in the wreckage at the end.
- Zipping Up The Body Bag: Mulder with Max.