Index | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24
Directed by Kim Manners
Mulder and Scully continue their investigation of the plane crash and Max Fenig's death.
- Anyone Can Die:
- Agent Pendrell who had a crush on Scully
- Max Fenig, a conspiracy nut who was a fan of Mulder
- Bond One-Liner: Mulder has one after Agent Garrett is abducted by aliens in mid-flight."He took the connecting flight."
- Character Title
- Deadly Nosebleed: Scully has two of them, the first is when she checking on Pendrell and Frish, the second when she is being debriefed by Skinner.
- Fall Guy: Frish is blamed for the plane crash.Scully: Sir, the military is responsible for the downing of that plane.Skinner: They are admitting that much. But Sergeant Frish's story is not the one they're telling.
- Killed Off for Real: Both Pendell and Fenig never returned from the dead.Scully: What are these people dying for? Is it for the truth or for the lies?Mulder: It's got to be for the truth. If we owe them anything, it's to make sure of that.
- Made of Iron: Scully shoots Garrett in the kneecap, but it doesn't hinder his mobility in the slightest.
- Missing Time
- Myth Arc: Though there is little connection to the Syndicate plotine, and Cigarette-Smoking Man is conspicuously absent, two people close to Mulder and Scully die, Scully's cancer is briefly referenced along with a possible implication that Skinner's office has been compromised. Also, the aliens seemingly working against The Conspiracy suggest they may be part of Season 5's rebel faction.
- No-Sell: Mulder threatens Agent Garrett similarly to how he threatened the Red-Haired Man in "731". It doesn't work this time; Garrett simply reminds Mulder of his surroundings.Mulder: There's a weapon pointed at you right now. If I shoot you at this range, it wouldn't just hit you in the leg. If you so much as raise your arms off that armrest, I'm going to test that theory.Garrett: What if you miss?Mulder: I won't.Garrett: Do you know what happens when a plane suddenly depressurizes at thirty-thousand feet, Mister Mulder? After the cabin fills with fog and all light objects - anything not tied down - including your weapon, go flying toward the breach?
- Shoot the Shaggy Dog: Pendrell's death.Scully: I realized I didn't even know his first name.
- Zipping Up The Body Bag: One of the men with radiation burns.