Terra is finally adjusting to being a Titan and the team has accepted her wholeheartedly. Beginning to develop feelings for her, Beast Boy asks Terra out on a date, and she accepts, much to his elation- but everything's not as perfect as it seems. Slade crashes their date and unveils that Terra has been hiding her true allegiance all this time...
- Almost Kiss: Beast Boy and Terra, before Slade kills the moment.
- Becoming the Mask: Terra carries out her plan to assassinate the Titans but has grown attached enough to Beast Boy to get him out of the Tower before the plan goes down.Slade: (to Beast Boy) I guess she took pity on you. Perhaps she wanted to keep you as a pet.
- Beware the Honest Ones: Slade normally is a Consummate Liar about his plans, but this time Terra sadly confirms that he's telling the truth about her being The Mole.
- Break Them by Talking: Slade reveals Terra's betrayal to Beast Boy, which manages to egg him on into turning his back on her, in turn pushing Terra back to Slade.
- Bullying a Dragon: Though Slade succeeded in breaking Beast Boy and Terra up, he nearly got mauled by Beast Boy in various animal forms. Beware the Silly Ones indeed.
- Conveniently Empty Building: While running from Slade, Terra trashes a Ferris wheel and most of the amusement park surrounding it. Judging by Beast Boy's lack of response, there was no one else there (even though someone would logically be operating the rides).
- Dark Reprise: Throughout the whole episode, Beast Boy keeps changing into a puppy who playfully licks Terra's face, as a way to shower her with affection. In the end, after learning of her betrayal, Beast Boy is a rather forlorn dog, curled up in Terra's old room with the heart-mirror he gave to her.
- Deal with the Devil: Terra made one with Slade: in exchanging for learning to control her powers, she would spy on the Titans and sell them out to him.
- Death Glare: As Terra and Slade take their leave from the carnival, Terra's expression changes from shock to an absolutely bone-chilling stare in Beast Boy's direction.
- Deer in the Headlights: Terra tries to run away from both Slade and Beast Boy in the Hall of Mirrors, runs into a dead end, and is so aghast at seeing her own panicked face that she falls to her knees.
- Didn't Think This Through: Terra takes Beast Boy on an impulse date to save him from the massacre at Titans Tower. Even if Slade hadn't interrupted the date to break them up, Terra didn't consider that Beast Boy could still have his communicator on him, or that he wouldn't react to the truth well. It was fortunate for her that he left his communicator at the diner, since he would have insisted on returning, but even that didn't buy them much time.
- The Ditherer: When Slade and Beast Boy fight, Terra can't decide who to side with and tries to get Beast Boy to run away with her. When Slade is about to kill Beast Boy, Terra stops him, but runs away from both as they continue fighting. Then Slade pushes Terra to his side by getting Beast Boy to push her away.
- Double-Meaning Title: Beast Boy felt betrayed by Terra working for Slade, and Terra felt betrayed by Beast Boy turning his back on her when she clearly felt guilty about her working with Slade.
- Downer Ending: Ends with the Titans alone in the half-destroyed tower, crushed over the fact that Terra sold them all out to Slade. And one of the last shots in the episode is a shot of Beast Boy in dog form curled up around the heart box he gave Terra.
- Hall of Mirrors: The episode's climax takes place in one.
- HeelFace Door-Slam:Terra: You said you'd be my friend, no matter what, remember?
Beast Boy: Slade was right - you don't have any friends.
- It Meant Something to Me: Terra had started to fall for Beast Boy, and tried to save his life. Of course, she doesn't clearly state this when he asked her if she was "pretending" to like him.
- The Mole: Terra has been working for Slade.
- Mood Whiplash: For a while the episode switches back and forth between lovestruck Beast Boy and Terra on their date and the rest of the Titans fending off about 200 of Slade's robots at Titans Tower.
- Mundane Made Awesome: Beast Boy eating pie at the diner. The face he makes and his reverent tone says it all.This is the greatest pie, in the history of pie.
- My God, What Have I Done?:
- Terra breaks down in the hall of mirrors, apologizing for betraying the Titans and leaving them to die. She changes her mind when Beast Boy turns his back on her.
- Beast Boy regrets turning his back on Terra by the end of the episode, not just because of his broken heart but also because he's left her to Slade's mercy, and to turn against the Titans openly.
- Never My Fault: For all Terra's guilt, she is tragically incapable of taking responsibility for her actions. Even as she tries to apologize for betraying the Titans, she claims she had to go to Slade for training and pay him back for it. It comes to a head when, after Terra spends the whole episode running from her problems, she runs through the Hall of Mirrors and is paralyzed when forced to see herself in every direction.
- Not Helping Your Case: When Terra explains to Beast Boy why she betrayed all of them, she says she owed Slade for helping her control her powers, and reminds Beast Boy of his promise to always be her "friend" no matter what.
- Oblivious Guilt Slinging: The Titans do this when they offer the last slice of pizza to Terra, with Robin saying he's happy to have her on the team. This doesn't make Terra feel any better as she shuts down the security to Titan's Tower.
- Oh, Crap!: Slade when Beast Boy suddenly turns into a bear and attacks him.
- Rejected Apology: Terra breaks down apologizing for her betrayal, but Beast Boy doesn't consider it nearly enough. It doesn't help by Terra is rationalizing her decisions as necessary at the same time.Terra: I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I never meant for any of this to happen.
Beast Boy: Then why did you let it?
- Sadistic Choice: Beast Boy is forced to turn his back on Terra and leave her with Slade, or reconcile her betrayal of the Titans, which almost killed them, with what he knows about her. He chooses the first option, though he regrets it later.
- Shout-Out: Beast Boy smashing the mirrors to find Slade is exactly what Baby Doll did to find Batman.
- Sixth Ranger Traitor: Take a wild guess.
- Stand Your Ground: 200 of Slade's robots invade Titans' Tower.Starfire: They are too numerous to fight! What should we do?
Robin: Fight anyway.
- Stock Episode Titles
- Subtext: Slade almost seems to get jealous of Beast Boy when he and Terra are on their date ("You think you know her. You know nothing. She never even liked you!"). Also when Beast Boy asks why Terra betrayed them, Slade gives us this:
- Subverted Suspicion Aesop: Raven finds out her previously-abandoned suspicions of Terra were accurate.Raven: I knew it. I knew it. We never should have trusted her!
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Sandwich: Terra on seeing Slade at the diner drags Beast Boy out despite it being the "greatest pie in the history of pie."
- A Tragedy of Impulsiveness: In anger, Beast Boy plays into Slade's plans by rejecting Terra's plea to stay friends, and regrets it soon after.
- Was It All a Lie?:Beast Boy: (to Terra) So it was all a game? You were just pretending?!
- What Were You Thinking?: Slade delivers this to Terra, asking if she really thought she could leave with her "little boyfriend".
- Yank the Dog's Chain: Beast Boy was ecstatic on Terra going on a date with him, after she had turned him down earlier, and he's utterly angry and confused when learning she betrayed the Titans to Slade. To drive this point home, the episode ends with him in dog form.