Airdate: Saturday, October 27, 2001
All the characters come to your house to trick-or-treat! You get to pick one of three treats to give them in an interactive game.
- Ash Face: The Cheat gets a faceful of ash if you give him and Strong Mad Pop Rocks (or actual rocks).
- Bait-and-Switch Comment: The King of Town's response to being offered a fun-sized Butterfinger.King of Town: If you think I'm going to accept this paltry treat just because it has "butter" in the name... well, you'd be right. Give it here!
- Big "NO!": If you give Strong Mad and The Cheat the Pop Rocks, Strong Mad shouts "NO!" with increasing urgency when he sees The Cheat put the Pop Rocks in his mouth and then drink some soda.
- Bread, Eggs, Breaded Eggs: If you give Strong Bad an apple, he'll complain "What are you, a dentist? Or a hippie? Or some kind of hippie dentist?"
- Brick Joke: Give the fun-size Butterfinger to Strong Bad and he'll gripe that the only fun he's going to have with it is to smear it all over your door when he leaves. When you greet the next visitor, the Butterfinger will indeed be smeared on the door.
- Continuity Nod:
- Giving Bubs a Dum-Dum pop will cause him to make a reference to his line "Oh, I'm such a dummy..." from "A Jumping Jack Contest".
- At the end, Marzipan reminds Strong Sad that he was dis-invited from this years' Halloween festivities after the events of "Homestarloween Party".
- The King of Town also references Strong Bad dressing up as a girl at the previous year's party in the same 'toon.
- Dude, Not Funny!: Marzipan, who is a vegetarian, glowers if you give her a steak.Marzipan: Is this a joke? It's not funny.
- Extreme Omnivore: Giving rocks to Strong Mad and The Cheat will cause Strong Mad to eat the rocks and then bite the top off a can of soda. This also causes The Cheat's head to explode for some reason.
- Failure Is the Only Option: No matter what you give him, Strong Bad gets angry. A marshmallow bunny angers him because he assumes it to be leftover Easter candy, a fun-sized Butterfinger angers him because he hates fun-sized candy, and an apple... well, that's self-explanatory.
- Hilariously Abusive Childhood: Strong Sad, as usual. Necco Wafers remind him of the time he "was sick for a year and nearly died" after eating colored chalk, and he considers baking chocolate his only friend.
- I Got a Rock: The entire point of the game is seeing how Homestar and friends react to various treats, both good and bad. You can also actually give a rock to Strong Mad and The Cheat, and Strong Mad will eat it! It also causes The Cheat's head to inexplicably explode.
- Overly Long Gag: Homestar will keep knocking on the door unless you open it. Also, if you give him circus peanuts, Homestar will start humming "Entry of the Gladiators" and dancing to it for an inordinately long time. The door closes, only for Homestar to ring the doorbell again. The door opens, revealing Homestar still humming and dancing.
- Recognition Failure: In the costume round-up, Homestar mistakes Strong Bad's costume for the Spanish Inquisition. Strong Bad also complains about his costume being mistaken for Cab Calloway.
- Shave And A Haircut: If you unlock him, Homsar knocks on the door this way.
- Shout Out:
- Coach Z introduces himself with a reference to "The Humpty Dance" by Digital Underground.
- If you give Coach Z a box of Cherry Clan, he'll wonder if they're any relation to the Wu-Tang Clan and name-drop their debut album Enter the Wu-Tang, AKA The 36 Chambers.
- One of the names on Strong Bad's "People I Gotta Egg" list is Ronnie Pudding, a former bassist for Spinal Tap mentioned in This Is Spın̈al Tap.
- So Unfunny, It's Funny: Bubs seems to have this opinion of the Bazooka Joe-like comics that come with the bubblegum you give him.Bubs: I never understand the comics that come in this bubble gum. I mean, the first frame is some guy saying, "Look out, the sky is falling!" And the second frame is some guy getting hit on the head with a rock. And I'm sitting there going, "What the heck just happened?". And before I know it, I swallowed my bubble gum!
- Strange Minds Think Alike: When Strong Sad arrives, you can offer him either Necco Wafers, baking chocolate, or a can of tomato soup. If you give him the tomato soup, he says that he appreciates a treat that fits his costume theme, but he would have preferred something that was immediately edible... like Necco Wafers, or baking chocolate.
- Talking with Signs: If you give the Poopsmith and Pom Pom Mary Jane, the Poopsmith will hold up a sign reading "Give us something good instead".
- What the Hell, Hero?: Although there are multiple instances of characters calling out the viewer for making a bad selection, the crowning example is Strong Bad's reaction to being given an apple:Strong Bad: What is this crap?!? What are you, a dentist?! Or a hippie?! Or some kind of hippie dentist?!
- Your Head Asplode: The Cheat's head explodes after eating Pop Rocks and drinking soda. Somehow, it also happens after Strong Mad eating an actual rock and drinking soda.
- You Say Tomato: Coach Z repeatedly tries to pronounce "Jujyfruits" if you give him some. He somehow manages to mangle it into "George Foreman".