Airdate: October 2000
Homestar Runner throws a Halloween party. They take turns telling a story about a goblin.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Each of the three girls with Pom Pom's head are each one of these: the blonde is the girl with the kitten, the brunette is the one with the puppy, and the redhead is the Republican.
- Cool Car: The Goblin's Gremlin.Bubs: And then the Goblin, he had a Gremlin! And he jacked it up on some fat tires, and uh, and he tuned it up on some 4.11 positrak out back, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bore over 30, 11-to-1 pop-up pistons, turbo jets, 390 horsepower! I mean, he had some freakin' muscle!
- Diabolus ex Machina: In Strong Sad's turn for the story, the robot turns out to have the living brain of a man whose two children find him, but his tears of joy at being reunited with them cause him to short out, and in his death throes he squashes both his children and the Goblin. "And none of them lived..."
- Downer Ending: Both in-universe and out; Strong Sad's ending for the story is so depressing it spoils the party for everyone else and they all leave in a funk, leaving Strong Sad by himself.
- Early Installment Weirdness: On top of the different-sounding voices and simpler animation, Homestar actually recognizes Coach Z's costume ("Oh, Coach Z is down with the P.E.!").
- Everybody Cries: How everyone reacts to Strong Sad's Downer Ending.
- Faux Horrific: Homestar's attempt at starting off the story. "Once there was this green goblin, and he used to, um, look around, and um, I guess he did a dance." He immediately admits "Oh, man, that was terrible."
- Food Porn: The King of Town gets caught up in describing all sorts of delicious foods when it's his turn to add to the story.
- Ghost Story: The gang takes turns telling a scary story.
- I Need a Freaking Drink: Implied after Strong Bad takes his turn telling the story, where he shouts about the arrival of the robot that attacks the Gremlin.Strong Bad: I need to get some more punch.
- Kill 'Em All: Attempted by Strong Bad, who has a robot come in and start wrecking stuff, and pulled off successfully by Strong Sad.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: During Marzipan's part of the story:Marizpan: One of the girls had a cute little kitten named Kitty-kitty, the other girl had a cute little puppy named Chris, and then the third girl was a Republican.
- Orphaned Punchline: The cartoon opens with Coach Z talking to Bubs and the King of Town:Coach Z: Oh, geez, I don't know, I think I prefer his work with the Furious Five. Uh, he had more street cred back then.
- Round Robin: In-Universe, this is what the characters are doing.