Airdate: October 28, 2020
- Costumes: Coach Z as Del from Gorillaz, Homestar as Bod, Strong Bad as General Zod, Bubs as Beedle, Strong Mad as My Pet Monster, Pom Pom as The Capital City Goofball, Strong Sad as Baxter from The Great Space Coaster, Poopsmith as 1 Guy from Andromeda, King of Town as Captain Cupcake, The Cheat as Ponyo, Marzipan as Captain Planet, Homsar as B.O.B.
Homestar and the gang aren't up to any hijinks, or even medium-jinks, so instead they watch the Homestar Runner Mysfit-steries take on Large Bean.
- Argument of Contradictions: Strong Bad and Homestar argue over whether to "Kneel Before Zod" or "Kneel Before Bod".
- As You Know: Lampshaded with the two night watchmen, who are apparently the Mysfit-steries versions of Coach Z and Bubs:Watchman Z: Slow night at city hall, eh fellow night watchman?
Watchman B: That establishes our location, and humdrum routine.
- Bottle Episode: Subverted. The cartoon starts with silhouettes of the characters standing on a hill with the words "This is the whole cartoon this year" talking about how they're not doing anything for Halloween this year. Then Coach Z mentions his age-related ailments as his reason for not getting into hijinks, which leads into a commercial for Coach Z's medication, which then leads into an episode of Mysfit-steries which makes up most of the cartoon's content.
- Brief Accent Imitation:
- In an Easter egg, Strong Bad imitates Homestar's Elmuh Fudd Syndwome while "complimenting" Homsar's costume.
- Homestar and Strong Bad also briefly take on British accents when they both parody the opening for Bod.
- The Bus Came Back: This is the first appearance of the Homestar Runner Mysfit-steries since High School Strong Bad's cameo in "alternate universe" (outside of Strong Bad posting a Squint-moji version of Teen Homestar on his Twitter account).
- The Cameo: The Stave It Off Guy from "for kids" turns out to have disguised himself as Large Bean to off Councilman Zonepermit.
- Color Failure: Highschool Strong Bad turns pale and faints from seeing Large Bean. "Playing in a band" brings him back to normal.
- *Crack!* "Ow, My Back!": Coach Z suffers from "torn rubdominal scrimmage", which prevents him from getting into hijinks (or mediumjinks). The condition can be treated with a medicine called "Lowjinxerol".
- Cutaway Gag: Exaggerated Trope: After Coach Z mentions his rubdominal scrimmage, it cuts to a medicine commercial... which was part of an ad break during the Show Within a Show Mysfit-steries, an episode of which plays in full despite having nothing to do with the toon's initial premise. So more than half of the cartoon is a cutaway gag.
- Disproportionate Retribution: The Stave It Off Guy killed Councilman Zonepermit because "he wouldn't give me no permits", or at least he thinks that's his reason.
- Given Name Reveal: According to the "Mr. Poofers" segment at the end, Old Man Rootbeer's first name is Rothschild.
- Goofy Print Underwear: Teen Homestar has stripèd boxers on under his ridiculous zig-zaggèd pants.
- Karma Houdini: After catching and exposing the murderer, who doesn't show any remorse for his actions, Teen Homestar thinks the only way to deal with him... is to have him play in their band.Teen Strong Bad: Are we forgetting he totally just murdered somebody?
- Real After All: The Mysfit-steries segment ends with the real Large Bean appearing, but only to sing along with Homestar's band.
- Recognition Failure: Homestar misidentifies Bubs as "Seventies Bubs giving a piggyback ride to Totoro eating a purple burrito", Strong Mad, Pom Pom, Strong Sad, and the Poopsmith as being from various Jim Henson properties (Labyrinth, The Great Muppet Caper, Sesame Street, and Pigs in Space respectively), and Marzipan as "zombie Ziggy Stardust". Strong Bad then riffs on this Running Gag by calling Homsar's costume "BB-8 got run over by a sandcrawler", while Homestar says he would have gone with "Oscar the Grouch 2000".
- Red Herring: When Stave It Off Guy gets exposed as the real killer, Teen Marzipan admits she thought it would be "that creepy night watchman" instead. Said night watchman, holding a blood-spattered hammer, says he thought the same thing.
- "Scooby-Doo" Hoax: The "Large Bean" who murdered Councilman Zonepermit turns out to be a guy in a costume.
- Side-Effects Include...: Homestar wonders if "ridiculous zig-zaggèd pants, Large Bean, clichèd parodies, and playing in a band" are the side effects of Coach Z's old-man medication.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: The King of Town has an enmity with Marc Summers for some reason.
- Sky Face: Stave It Off Guy's face appears in the Moon during the reprise of the "Moonlight Kooky" song.
- Waxing Lyrical: Coach Z references "Clint Eastwood'' by the Gorillaz during the costume round-up.
- With Lyrics: Homestar sings his attempt to recognize Bubs' costume to the tune of the theme from The Legend of Zelda.
- The Worf Effect: In The Stinger, The Rocoulm proves to be ineffective in the face of Mr. Poofers.