Original Airdate: May 31, 2015
Having absorbed Android 17 into himself and reaching his Semi-Perfect form, Cell now turns towards completing his path towards his Perfect form by doing the same to 18, but an arriving Tien Shinhan might have a thing or two to say about that. Meanwhile, Krillin retrieves the remote that can shut down the androids from Bulma, and Vegeta and Trunks finally emerge from the Hyperbolic Time Chamber...
Pig! Grab m'tropes!
- Abusive Parents: Of the emotional variety: Trunks' first thoughts after emerging from the Hyperbolic Time Chamber imply that Vegeta spent all of his time in there ignoring and/or insulting Trunks.
- Angrish: Cell is reduced to this twice: First when Tien's pounding him so hard and frequently with the Kikoho blasts Cell can only yell out "ANGRY!" as he's getting hit. The second time when Goku uses Instant Transmission to save Tien and Piccolo from Cell causing a confused Cell to burst out "I have so many questions!"
- Atomic F-Bomb: There is an uncensored, low-volume (from Kame House's perspective) "fuck" uttered by Cell during the Shin Kikoho.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Having heard Vegeta's usual speeches about his superiority over him a million times by now, Goku just tunes him out, instead thinking about how much he wants a muffin.
- Bad Impressionists: Cell attempts to trick 18 into letting him absorb her by manipulating his voice to sound like 17's happy being inside him...unfortunately "17's" uncharacteristically speaking like a Jive Turkey. When 18 calls Cell out on this, he points out that he just met the two of them in the previous episode.
- Big Damn Heroes:
- Just as Cell is about to absorb 18, Tien shows up and challenges Cell, pounding him with the Shin Kikoho technique long enough for her and 16 to make their escape.
- After that, Goku performs one of his own, using Instant Transmission to teleport to Tien and Cell's location and teleporting him and Piccolo back to the Lookout before Cell can finish them off.
- Blah Blah Blah: How Goku hears Vegeta's declaration of how much stronger he got in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber:Goku: Wow, you guys sure got strong, huh?
Vegeta: That's right, Kakarot, and you wouldn't believe just how much. You see, while I was training in the depths of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, I looked deep within myself, and—
Goku: (his perspective) Blah blah blah blah blah PRIDE blah blah PRINCE OF ALL blah blah blah SUPER SAIYAN blah blah blah—
Vegeta: And through all of that, I have ascenced. That's right. I have reached a new level. Do you hear me, Kakarot? I AM FINALLY STRONGER THAN YOU!!
Vegeta: F**K YOU!
- As Tien's attack on Cell is dying down, Master Roshi decides to Know When to Fold 'Em and tells Oolong to "grab M'Dick", to which the pig replies that he hopes Roshi "mean(s) the submarine." The History of Trunks Abridged revealed that Roshi, Oolong, and Puar managed to survive the Androids' assault by hiding out underwater in a submarine called the U.S.S. M'Dick.
- When Tien first shows up to try and stop Cell, the bio-android mockingly asks him if "Krillin was busy", echoing the Neighborhood Cluck version of Dead Zone when Goku asked Krillin in turn if "Chiaotzu was busy".
- Krillin declines Bulma's offer of a Saiyan suit, saying that he tried one out on Namek "and ended up getting a hole in it" after Freeza impaled Krillin on his horn.
- Cast from Hit Points: Chiaotzu tells the others at Kame House that Tien will eventually suffer a Heroic RRoD with continued use of the Kikoho. Even Tien is amazed with how long he actually lasts before he collapses.
- Comically Missing the Point: 18 threatens to activate her detonator in order to prevent Cell from absorbing her. Cell's more focused on the fact that 18 has a bomb in her boob (though she claims it's in her chest).
- Continuity Nod: Chaotzu and Yamcha bring up that the last time Tien used the Shin Kikoho technique was on Nappa after Chaotzu died, and that ended up draining all of Tien's life energy.
- Crash-Into Hello: Krillin sees Bulma flying her car towards him and flies over to meet her. Unfortunately Bulma is distracted by Baby Trunks pointing out Krillin to her, causing her to crash the car into Krillin and bringing the "Krillin Owned" meter up to 32.
- Explain, Explain... Oh, Crap!: Cell comments on how adorable it is that Tien's trying to stop him right before getting pounded by the first wave of the Shin Kikoho.
- Famous Last Words: Discussed by Semi-Perfect Cell:Cell: You know, if you want my personal opinion, "Kikōhō" is a pretty sad choice of last words. But to be fair, it's far from the worst decision you've made today!
Tien: Kikō-f*ck yourself !
Cell: Aw, see? That's the spirit!
- Foreshadowing: Chaotzu points out how everyone present at the Kame House has died at least once. Chi-Chi says that she hasn't, to which Chaotzu replies "Give it time, you're hanging with the right crowd."note
- Forgot About His Powers: Goku's halfway through explaining to Gohan how difficult it's going to be to fly towards Tien's location in time to save him from Cell before using Instant Transmission to get there instead. Gohan and Mr. Popo lampshade this:Gohan: Did...did he just remember he could do that...?
Popo: Your father's an idiot.
- Heroic RRoD: Tien exhausts himself holding off Cell, but Goku extracts him before he is killed.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Tien barrages Cell with a constant stream of Kikohos in order to allow Androids 16 and 18 to escape Cell's grasp, refusing to let up until every last bit of his life energy has been drained.
- Innocent Innuendo: The context of Bulma offering Krillin a battle suit when he says he's gonna get close to the Androids (to use the detonator) can easily be misconstrued, especially how he refuses:Krillin: Oh, I'm gonna get all up in that.
Bulma: Well, you could use some protection, then.
Bulma: I made you all battle suits like Vegeta's.
Krillin: Oh! Well thanks, but I probably won't need it. I'm pretty good about pulling out before I get into trouble. Besides, I tried one on Namek, but I got a huge hole in it.
- Know When to Fold 'Em: Master Roshi is ready to retreat to his submarine.Roshi: Sometimes, you've got to know when to hold 'em, and know when to fold 'em. And right now, it's foldin' time. Pig! Grab M'Dick!
Oolong: Please tell me you mean the submarine.
- Let's Get Dangerous! / This Is Unforgivable!: Right before teleporting back to the Lookout with Tien and Piccolo, Goku drops his usual Idiot Hero characterization to deliver a warning to Semi-Perfect Cell:Goku: Oh, and by the way, Cell? You're gonna die.
- Never Say "Die": Demonstrated and promptly Averted. Yamcha remembers the last time Tien did the Kikoho unrestrained, and recalls him dying as a result, but Chiaotzu has to get him to spit it out.Yamcha: Didn't he do that when you, uhh... when you...
Chiaotzu: Died. Yes. Jesus, we've literally all done it.
Chi-Chi: I haven't.
Chiaotzu: Give it some time. You're hanging with the right crowd.
- No-One Could Have Survived That: Cell is surprised to learn that Piccolo is still alive, despite Cell having blown a hole in him in the previous episode. This causes Cell to decide to look into how durable Piccolo—and, by extension, Cell himself—actually is.
- Precision F-Strike: Tien lets loose with a trifecta right before attacking Cell:Cell: You can't be serious. With your power level? You're no android. You're no Namekian. And you're certainly no Super Saiyan. You're just human.
Tien: Well you know what?! F*ck power levels! F*ck Super Saiyans! And F*ck you! SHIN KIKŌHŌ!!!
- Tien manages to give another one after he runs out of energy and Cell decides to finish him for costing Cell his prey. See Famous Last Words
- When Roshi hears Tien shouting Kikoho at Cell, if you listen closely, you can hear an uncensored FUUUUUU from Semi Perfect Cell as he is struck down by Kikōhō, making it the second instance where the F word is uncensored.
- You Monster!: 18 calls Cell this after absorbing her brother.