Just because Dio is out of the picture for now, this doesn't mean that there won't be any more horrors that will make you scream "OH NO!".
Unmarked spoilers ahead!
- After Joseph blows up Straizo with about a half-dozen grenades, we're treated to this really awesome scene of Straizo's pieces Pulling Themselves Together. It includes things like his arm's flesh flaying itself and using the shredded pieces to move and intestines, toes, and eyeballs (with the optic nerve still attached) sliding across the floor to join back to the main body (you can clearly see Straizo's femur, spine, and ribs sticking out of the bloody flesh). It's a gruesome enough sight that Smokey clasps his hands and asks God to save him.
- Stroheim himself dipped into this before his HeelFace Turn, but two of the things he does stand out:
- The first happens when he conscripts some of the local women to shave him, and one of them accidentally slips and cuts his cheek. Stroheim tells her to lick it off, and then puts the sharp edge of the straight razor under her tongue so that if she moves she'll cut herself on the blade, taunting her and laughing as he does so. Fortunately, she doesn't get cut, but geez...
- The second, far more horrifying event, happens when the Nazis plan to feed the Pillar Man blood, and have captured a bunch of the locals to use as food. Before this can be carried out, Stroheim offers a trade: one person will die and the others will live. When one boy steps forward, Stroheim congratulates him for his courageous spirit... and then immediately has everyone BUT the boy executed. Even worse: the Nazis actually did this.
- Santana, in order to exit a room completely devoid of any "normal" exits, opts to completely fold and crush his body to fit inside a few-inches-wide ventilation shaft. Made even more disturbing in the 2012 anime adaptation, where the viewer is "treated" to the full, very-well-done animation of Santana's body crushing, contorting, and folding like origami, complete with squishing, cracking, and popping sounds coming from his body. You may now commence with the shuddering.
- After the above, Santana turns a Nazi officer into an obese yellow man-blob by going into his body through his eyes. Said Nazi officer is still alive for a few seconds before transforming, and begs for help before Santana takes him over.
- And throughout all of the above, Santana has this emotionless facial expression, and it's utterly creepy. Then he is introduced to sunlight, and loses his stoicism completely, becoming even more terrifying in the process.
- Santana's attack in general. It plays like an anime adaptation of the SCP Foundation!
- Wammu's introduction involves him assimilating a row of Nazis Cell-style (drinking them until they're a deflated blob of skin).
- Speaking of which, Mark's death. The Pillar Men didn't even mean to do it, but their bodies devour biological material through simple contact. Mark died horribly because he was in the way and the Pillar Men treated him with as much focus as a human would an insect you run into while walking.
- The way Esidisi would have killed Joseph,(had he not had a plan in advance) by having his veins enter his body, and violently pumping his lava-like blood into his bloodstream, killing his from the inside out. Try picturing that.
- When Joseph manages to defeat Esidisi the first time, beams of light start erupting from his body and his face rips apart. When his horn erupts from his skull (tearing more of his face open), he looks like a demonic skull-unicorn ready to impale Joseph, and when the horn is destroyed he has an appearance like a human Jack-o'-Lantern with light blazing from his mouth, nose hole, eye sockets, upper head, and a dozen points in his body where his veins had come from. The process of finally exploding takes several seconds and he screams the entire time.
- Reduced to a brain with blood vessels, Esidisi possesses Suzi Q, resulting in some hexagon shaped eyes while blood bursts out of her profusely in preparation to blow himself up with the three Ripple users. It's worse when he starts flipping back and forth between Suzi's face and his own face - on the same body.
- The squirrel created by Kars eats through another squirrel, Stroheim, and several other Nazis. See the image above for your sake.
- Kars's fate. After getting blasted into space by Joseph, he attempts to get back to Earth, only for his body to freeze solid due to his Adaptive Ability, leaving him drifting in space for eternity. As his immortality renders him unable to die naturally, Kars' mind just stops thinking altogether. His reaction right before he's fully frozen sums up the entire situation.