Jacksepticeye: funny, awesome, good-hearted...and terrifying at times.
open/close all folders
- While playing Escape From Lavender Town after he hit ESC (which is when the game goes to hell), he approaches a dead body and it calls him by his name. Understandable to see why he got freaked out.
- Similar to the above example, Jack got quite the shock at the ending of the Cleverbot Evie episode SHE KNOWS MY REAL NAME when Evie called him by his actual name (Sean), which he hadn't typed in at any point. (He also claimed that Evie couldn't have gotten it from his user profile on the computer since it too was named Jack.) When Jack tries to ask Evie how she knew his name, she simply replied with "I do.", prompting Jack to immediately end the video.
- Prior to this, Evie said some rather... eerie things. "I hope someday you'll join us." "You are us." And then, with a rather... stern look, she told Jack: "I'm in love with you."
- It is worth pointing out that Evie is always calling Jack a ton of random names, so it's very likely that her saying 'Sean' was just a coincidence, especially since she doesn't pronounce it correctly (she says "seen" whereas Jack pronounces it "Shaun").
- Deep Down in Space is thus far the scariest Oculus Rift game Sean has ever played, to the point where he flat out "NOPE!"s out of the game after dying twice. The monster gets the jump on him several times, including a random Jump Scare which makes him tear the Rift off his head out of sheer terror, the only time a game has ever done this to him. See the terror here.
: "Are you scared of red?" *unholy screech
as the monster briefly covers the screen* "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAAH!"
- The Tender Cut is a pretty strange, yet, unnerving Deliberately Monochrome game modeled after Un Chien Andalou (1929), an infamous short film made by Luis Buñuel and Salvador Dalí that is especially notorious and iconic for its opening scene in which a woman's eye is sliced open. It's enough to make Jack wince behind his hands. Watch it here if you dare.
- In that video at the 2:02 mark, Jack mentioned that one of his nightmarish fears is going to put a shoe on, turning it upside down to tap out anything that's inside, and having a big spider crawl out.
- Not to mention the hands with holes bored into them with bugs crawling out, which is also taken from the film.
- The ultimate fates of Billy and Abigail in The Sims 4: frail, helpless, trapped in a claustrophobically small, void space that resembles a cell more than it does a bedroom, abandoned and neglected, forced to slowly starve to death if they don't rot in their own filth first. As much of a pain in the ass as they were, you have to admit that's kind of fucked up on Jack's behalf.
- His voices for some characters in "Fran Bow", especially in part 6 (Kamalas and Queen Fran). But even the children can be creepy with Jack`s voice acting. And even Mr. Midnight sometimes.
- His voice for Photoshop Flowey in Undertale. It's terrifyingly awesome.
- It doesn't receive as much recognition as the above, but his voice for Chara is no slouch, either.
- During his gameplay of the fifth FNAF game, his webcam glitches revealing some REALLY scary faces.
- Oh, it's not a glitch; it's apparently supposed to be AntiSepticEye taking over (as sort of a Halloween special on his channel.
- During his gameplay of The Temple of No, when the 3 doors option appears. The choices are Left, Middle, and Anti-left. His reaction..?
Jack: "OOH! ANTI-LEFT! *Looks at camera* We all know about Ant̪i, ̚don'ͦt͛ w͜e͆?"
- Not only that, but that means Antisepticeye is glitching into other videos..
- From his Batman: The Telltale Series videos:
- His genuine horror and shock at the Penguin murdering Mayor Hill and disfiguring Harvey Dent.
"FUCK! This game is ruthless!!!"
- When playing Episode 5, Jack looks genuinely unnerved at the torture basement found in the house of Vicki Vale's foster parents. The blood, the chains, the belts for whipping, the chalk drawings. He's drinking a Jack and Coke throughout the video (since the video was a special occasion) and he pointedly finishes it during that segment.
- Twice during the first few minutes of I'M SO SORRY WEI | Detention 返校 - Part 2 (now I'M SO SORRY as of Feb 5th) posted on January 25th 2017, Jack's webcam begins acting... funny again. Anti's back...
"Forgotten? Or just too afraid to remember?"
- His latest Bio Inc Redemtpion video where he plays the Jacksepticeye easter egg. At the beginning, Jack falls ill and leaves the room, leaving Dr Schneeplestein to take over for the video. As he fails to save Jack in the game, he becomes increasingly unwound and the Anti glitches increase in intensity, culminating in when Jack dies in the game and Anti takes full control to remind us that he hasn't gone anywhere.
Anti: NOTHING GETS RID OF ME! I AM ETERNAL!
- In the fourth video for Doki Doki Literature Club!, he recoils in horror when he sees Sayoris dead body hanging in her room. Then just to further up the creepy factor, Anti is back! To make the horror complete, when Monika takes over, he goes all-out in making her creepy, alternating between her voice, his own, and Anti's at random while echoing.
- Jack discovering the creepy Shout-Out Kagan Studios left for him in SIMULACRA. Namely, that putting in his YouTube handle makes iRIS address him with his real name. He almost leaps out of the chair in fright.
Reading Your Comments
- In Jack's April Fools' Day Carolina Reaper challenge, there are several short clips after the darkness that is shown when Jack "dies" after "eating" the pepper. One of the clips in question is centric to Five Nights at Freddy's; it starts with the Purple Man being displayed briefly, and then cuts to glitchy footage of animatronics pressed up to the camera and phrases like "SAVE THEM", "YOU CAN'T", and "IT'S ME", all of which are pertinent to the series.
- His thumbnail pictures from his playthrough of "Fran Bow" have a high creep level, but the green jello hair lowers the level of creepy.
- Especially the one of his most recent, TWO HEADED TWINS◊. It's exactly what the title says but with Jack. Oh, and he's also bleeding out of his eye sockets.
- This one◊ has him bleeding out of his eye sockets, yet again. But this time with a Slasher Smile and a knife explaining the reason for the Smile.
- The one◊ (depicted in the former page image) for the final episode has him screaming as he's ripping his own head off, complete with a bloody stump. Oh, and his eye sockets are still bleeding.
- This series of photos from his Tumblr. What the actual fuck, Anti?
- As of October 30, 2016, for the last few days, Jack's camera has been glitching out occasionally. Some of these glitches are pretty creepy in and out themselves, but it gets worse when you realize that Jack's been showing some darker tendencies. As it turns out, he's been building up for something big.
- The culmination of the build-up to Halloween 2016 (which in itself has its own heaps of spooky stuff). Jack stays quiet all day, changing up his social media's avatars and brief messages in bio fields, until the scheduled time for his first video of the day: S̺͍͉͔͉̞̪Ḁ̸̰̮͝Y̶̪ ̳͇̭͍̥̭͉ͅG̕҉̡̦̲O̤̫͖͎̗͜͞ͅÒ̴̬̠̺̪̥͉̳͉̥͝D̨̺̦̯͙͙͔̯͚͠B̸̬̻̝͉͍̻̀͝Y҉̫̝̖̹̝̠͠E̲̩͟͝ͅ . Marble Hornets-esque glitches and noises from Anti's coming both persist and become more frequent while Jack goes about carving a pumpkin. As soon as the deed is done, Jack begins staring blankly and silently into the camera before suddenly slitting his throat and collapsing onto said pumpkin. There's quite the length between this and the following Jump Scare plus horrifying Split-Personality Takeover of his body by Anti, who not only brags about how weak Jack was, but also berates the fans and says that they could have stopped him rather than watch.
- One of Jack's answers to people freaking out about Anti's return? "He never left."
- A now common theory about Anti's return is that due to the above answer from Jack - he literally never left. It's not Jack we've been watching since S̺͍͉͔͉̞̪Ḁ̸̰̮͝Y̶̪ ̳͇̭͍̥̭͉ͅG̕҉̡̦̲O̤̫͖͎̗͜͞ͅÒ̴̬̠̺̪̥͉̳͉̥͝D̨̺̦̯͙͙͔̯͚͠B̸̬̻̝͉͍̻̀͝Y҉̫̝̖̹̝̠͠E̲̩͟͝ͅ - it's Anti, pretending. And now for some reason things are beginning to break, either Anti can't pretend any longer to be his opposite, or Jack is breaking through slightly.
- Eventually the early year Anti glitches in Detention resulted in... this little intro to Jack's PAX East panel.
- Recently, Jack released a playthrough of "Bio Inc Redemption". At the start of the video, Jack explains that the developers made an Easter egg of him in the game. Then he starts complaining of feeling 'sick' and he rushes off camera. Doctor Schneeplestein replaces him and vows to save Jack in game. Halfway through, Doctor Schneeplestein himself begins complaining of discomfort and makes references to death and Anti (such as 'antidepressants'), when Anti starts glitching into the facecam and in the game, taking over Dr Schneeplestein. When in-game Jack finally dies, Anti appears, triumphant, saying to the camera that he's "in control" and that Jack is gone. In fact, Anti himself was never gone at all. He then leaves... this chilling message at the end...
Antisepticeye: If you want him back so badly, why don't you save him!? You're in my world! All of these creatures... there are no strings on me. And for you! This isn't over! I wonder what will happen to your favorite boy next time? This isn't the end. blackout See you soon... giggles
- His Halloween 2017 video. It starts as an oddly funny and adorable video of Jack dressed as a silent film comedian carving a pumpkin (with appropriately whimsical music playing!), but takes a turn when the comedian cuts himself with the knife he's using. The video begins glitching and a ghostly apparition of Anti grinning maniacally appears. The icing on the horror cake is the silent film cue cards, which change into a creepy font that says things like "I'm still here" and "I never left"
- When Jack decides to try a couple of "World's hardest ''Would You Rather''" games. The first game he plays is a perfectly ordinary game by BuzzFeed. The second game starts off normal enough, albeit with pictures and bad jokes after every choice. Halfway through, the game declares the questions are going to get harder, before making Jack choose between disturbing real life situations that refugees who're seeking asylum have had to go through.
- The ending of Dark Silence. Instead of a normal outro, the video cuts to Jack lighting a lighter, walking through a dark space when a deep red light fills the corridor he's in. At the end of the corridor is a glitching entity - Anti is back. It ends with Jack crying out "Where are they? What do you want from me?" as Anti menacingly approaches him.
- Both the intro and outro for Exiles is terrifying. The intro is just the horror game's loading screen for about seven seconds...then suddenly the thumbnail of Jack appears, with Jack himself looking out of breath, frightened and confused as to how he ended up playing this game at all. When the demo ends, Jack starts talking about how the game reminds him of old school horror games...only for the audio to abruptly stop, and there's a Smash Cut to Jack staring blankly at the camera with blood pouring out of his eyes while creepy whispering grows louder and louder.
- Someone on Tumblr sped up and reversed the audio that plays through the rest of the outro. It's an evacuation alarm. Run, everyone.
- Also playing alongside that audio? Someone saying It's all your fault!
- Another creepy detail: look at Sam in the background of the outro. Usually he breaks out of his little containment capsule at the end of the segment...but not here. Sam is trapped, frantically banging against the glass to no avail.
- And the background of the outro isn't bright green anymore, but a sickly corrupted red that looks like dried blood. Brrr...
- Gritty Sugar's animated short of Jack in DDLC has shades of this. The short is relatively nice and innocent save for some dark humor related to Sayori's death, Jack's reaction to Yuri's suicide covered by cute images to explain the stabbing noises and for a few moments when the characters glitch and their mouths or eyes are replaced by photorrealistic ones, but then in the second half when Monika takes over and traps Jack in the room, she starts glitching out and is deleted... BY ANTI!
- A special mention should go to the oh-so-lovely outro to his playthrough on Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning. When Jack gets jump scared for the final time in the near-end of the video, it cuts to black while we hear Jack screaming. It then cuts to Jack, with his breath audibly shaky, writing down an entire mess of scribbles on a piece of paper. Then, we hear the sound of Baldi's ruler smack, gradually getting louder and louder. Jack slowly turns around and looks absolutely terrified. He then starts audibly begging for the teacher's mercy, but to no avail, and the screen cuts to black while Jack screams and the amazing jump scare noise can be heard while the screen cuts. Then it cuts to the end card. JESUS FUCK.
"Teacher... Teacher, no. Teacher, no! I've been a good boy, I've done my homework! Teacher! TEACHER, NOOO--
- During his playthrough of Visage, Jack mentions that his house has a window between his kitchen and bedroom, and lately he's become terrified that one night he'll look over and someone will be standing in his bedroom.