Shiro Ari (or Snow White and Alice) is 2010 shoujo manga series.
Though she is feared, scorned, and bullied by others for being a "demon child" due to her white hair and red eyes, Snow White strives to do good in hopes that her efforts will gain their friendship one day. Her only seeming companion is Mirror, who is asked day after day by Snow White's "Mother" (or employer) if she is the Fairest of Them All.
One day, Mirror speaks his mind and blatantly claims that Snow White is far more beautiful than her, which seemingly forces him to transport Snow White (for her own protection) from her world to another one where everything is the opposite of what they seem. Words are written backwards, and signs point to the opposite direction that it says.
According to Mirror, the only way for Snow White to return to her realm is to "make Alice the king."
However, this proves to be easier said than done when the amiable Alice is anything but.
- Accidental Kiss/Crash-Into Hello: Snow White falls from the sky and meets Alice in this manner, sparking rumors and provoking jealousy from the Dormouse. Alice claims that their accidental kiss meant nothing to him, but when Snow White bluntly expresses similarly, he appears to be disappointed.
- Alice Allusion
- Berserk Button:
- Mirror's button gets pushed whenever he sees Snow White getting bullied and/or crying.
- Alice does not react well to Snow White assuming he's unpopular and treating him like the elderly.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Snow White's reaction to Alice once his mask comes off.
- Brutal Honesty: Snow White can be rather blunt—and unintentionally to Alice's expense.
- Completely Missing the Point: Alice drags Snow White into the city to prove he's popular. Snow White instead focuses on how different everything is rather (e.g. everyone in town doesn't have names) rather than Alice's attempts to prove himself.
- Curtains Match the Window: Dormouse.
- Distressed Damsel: Snow White.
- Does Not Like Apples: Snow White. Though, this is naturally with good reason.
- Dogged Nice Girl: Dormouse (and seemingly every girl in Mirror) for Alice.
- Fairest of Them All
- Friend to All Living Things: Snow White, though it's subverted in that it's not so much that Snow White is a friend to animals as animals are simply drawn to her, for whatever reason. And react negatively if she is threatened.
- Gender-Blender Name
- Gender Reveal: Jack of Hearts is a cross-dressing boy.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Dormouse is not pleased about Alice's and Snow White's Accidental Kiss.
- Hair Colors:
- High-Class Glass: Mirror wears one, but subverted in that he's a servant to Snow White's employer.
- Indirect Kiss: How the Mad Hatter and everyone else reacts when Snow White feeds the "Mysterious Man" with her fork.
- The Ingenue: Snow White.
- Jerkass: Alice. He occasionally leans into Jerk with a Heart of Gold territory.
- The Mad Hatter
- Magic Mirror: Mirror, who isn't human but possesses a physical form.
- Mysterious Protector: Mirror for Snow White. Subverted in that Snow White doesn't want Mirror to hurt anyone for her.
- Nice Hat: The Mad Hatter's.
- No Sense of Personal Space: Mirror and the Mysterious Man towards Snow White.
- One Steve Limit: Averted with Mirror (the character) and Mirror (the country).
- Pink Girl, Blue Boy
- Plucky Girl
- Shōjo (Demographic)
- "Shut Up" Kiss: Between Mirror and Snow White to stop the latter from crying.
- Stepford Smiler: Alice.
- Terrified of Germs: Not necessarily "terrified," but the Mysterious Man openly expresses a disgust of germs in general.
- Tsundere: Alice.
- Vague Age: Alice and the Red King, both of whom have been around for centuries and constantly fight over the throne. Because of this, Snow White often treats Alice like an elderly person even though they physically appear to be the same age. It is only later that Snow White learns from the Dormouse that those with names in Mirror age differently from those without names, aging every century instead of every year.
- Unusual Ears: The March Hare.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Jack of Hearts.
- Wicked Stepmother
- The Wonderland
- World's Most Beautiful Woman
- Yandere: Mirror pretty much makes it clear that he would get rid of Snow White's Wicked Stepmother and bullies if only he had her consent.