Object Oblivion is a Web Serial Novel Object Show created on January 20th, 2019 by Lucas 'The Doctor'. 12 Objects compete in a series of challenges for a prize of $10 Million Dollars!
The novel was inspired by Battle for Dream Island and Inanimate Insanity
Stories can be read in the Wiki (See 'The Wiki Rule'). here, and here
Object Oblivion contains examples of:
- Accidental Pun: Candy Cane said that she was amazed that no one ever said a maze-related pun... give her a moment to realize what she just said...
- Acme Products: In 'Call of Duty: Object Oblivion Edition', Crayon orders a tank... and a black shirt from The Whiteboard
- Anguished Declarationof Love: Fruitcake finally admits his crush for Bricky. She accepts it.
- Animate Inanimate Object: Oh yes.
- Almost Kiss: Soda and Snakey almost kiss... but stop beforehand because something would go wrong before they even would be able to kiss. TNT crashes the party and blows them off to the ocean, making them right about the theory. It also gets sadder, considering Soda gets eliminated the SAME episode! They finally kiss in "All Around The World In Eighty Minutes". Bricky and Fruitcake also kissed the same episode.
- All the Worlds Are a Stage: 'All Around The World In Eighty Minutes' has all the previous challenges from previous episodes.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: In 'Call of Duty: Object Oblivion Edition,' Bricky sees a wanted poster for mp3. It reads, "Wanted for Robbery, Murder, Claiming R. Kelly did nothing wrong!"
- The Big Race: The challenge in 'Objecto 500'. Justified as the episode was released before the Indy 500.
- Bohemian Parody: TNT tries to sing Bohemian Rhapsody as part of "Never Ruin a Queen Cover's" Challenge. He ends up affected by Thano's snap and is put in the bottom three.
- Bread, Eggs, Breaded Eggs: What are some of the films mentioned in 'Escape Room Episode? Halloween, Friday the 13th, Swamp Monster, The Swamp Friday the 13th Halloween Monster
- Broke the Rating Scale: After Toothbrush's disastrous project, Blue Spirit decides to grade her a J-!
- Discontinuity Nod: In 'F on Failure', TNT loses his stutter. When asked by Blue Spirit where it went, everyone looks away, not wanting to talk about it.
- Disaster Dominoes: Toothbrush causes one in 'Never Ruin a Queen Cover' where she (accidentally) kills the rest of the contestants (Competing and eliminated). She is then killed by an African Killer Bee.
- F--: Appartently, according to Blue Spirit, Toothbrush's project was SO terrible, it made him give it a J- for a grade.
- The Fourth Wall Will Not Protect You: Toothbrush and Crayon bash at the readers after Snakey's elimination.
- Fox-Chicken-Grain Puzzle: Riddle one of 'Escape Room Episode'
- Halloween: Freddy's Freddys
- Living Statue: The statues, which some of the characters reference from other content
- Loophole Abuse: In 'Objecto 500', Blue Spirit tells Bowling Ball, who was still stuck at the starting line, that the only way he can win now is if a contestant bumps into him and he crosses the finish line. He doubts to the ball that it would ever happen... cue Fruitcake accidentally bumping Bowling Ball into victory
- The Maze: 'Get Lost!'s challenge
- Narrative Profanity Filter: This often plays a lot in the episodes.
I had to use chick since I canít say its explicator version in this show!.
—Toothbrush, Bowling Balls Can't Jump
- Nature Is Not Nice: In 'Objecto 500', Bricky is cornered up by Dangerous Deer and had been implied to have been killed by them.
- Noodle Incident: Apparently, the film Bricky, Fruitcake, Cupboardy, and Scissors saw in Freddy's Freddys was very bad. Too bad the reader doesn't get the chance to see the film.
- Prank Call: In order to lure Soda away from the finish line, Blue Spirit uses a radio to tell him that he's his Uncle Fakeperson, asking for some milk. It takes Soda the rest of the story to find out he doesn't have an Uncle Fakeperson.
- Precision F-Strike:
- Subverted. Toothbrush almost says the 'MF' word... but a whistle of tea interrupts the word.
- In 'Get Lost', 'dammit' 'arseholenote ', and 'hell' are used
- Quicksand Sucks: In 'Call of Duty: Object Oblivion Edition', Fruitcake starts to sink in Quicksand. He is not rescued, because Crayon whacked him down with a cactus, calling him 'dead weight'
- Riddle Me This: The challenge in 'Escape Room Episode' was to solve three riddles: A Fox-Chicken-Grain type game, Find the right color key and escape the Neighbor
- Rule of Three: A section of 'Objecto 500' is in a cave that has Diamonds, Gold, and a grocery store
- In the same episode, the race takes place on three courses (The forest, the desert, and the caves)
- 'Escape Room Episode' had three riddles
- 'Get Lost!' had three advantages: Candy Cane and TNT got a GPS, Bricky and Fruitcake got a compass and a map, and Bowling Ball and Snakey got a poorly drawn map.
- Running Gag: Toothbrush being killed by African Killer Bees
- Sassy Black Woman: Grape Juice fits this trope
- Scooby-Dooby Doors. Averted. TNT points out in 'Escape Room Episode' that they cannot do things like that since they are a literature show, not an animated show.
- Spikes of Doom: There are these in the Maze
- Terrible Artist: Snakey and Bowling Ball received a map from an artist which is terrible. It gets funnier when you read the part where it says he could burn down his School, just by trying to do a period!
- Toilet Humor: Fall off or fail a challenge and suffer falling into Cow Poop in 'Bowling Balls Can't Jump'.
- Voted Off the Island: In almost every episode, there is always an elimination from the readers
- You Can Talk?: Helicopter apparently has a voice. Something the other contestants , as well as Blue Spirit, never knew of.
- You Just Had to Say It: Everyone when TNT shouts out that Soda was eliminated.