Hey, just because everything's Darker and Edgier than the main series games doesn't mean we can't have a few laughs, does it?
- Due to an oversight that happened when Episode 14 was released, it turns out that Techie Johnathan, one of the first trainers you can fight after getting your starter, had a Mega Rayquaza on his team. While it was ultimately removed, it sure did come as a shock to a lot of people!
- During the raid on the Blackwater Factory, you, Julia, Fern, and Florinia find a locked door that leads to the control room. While Florinia tries to hack into the terminal that opens the door, Julia sends you and Fern off to find explosives within the Factory to just blow the door down. When you get back, she puts them next to the door, prepares to fire them off... and then Florinia finishes hacking into the door, causing it to open. Julia's reaction is priceless.
- The first Gym's hours of operation are "entirely dependent on how much coffee you bring".
- After Terra outs herself as an agent of Team Meteor, she escapes from you, Ciel, and Samson all at once. How? By entering her computer.Ciel: I beg your pardon?Samson: Please tell me she didnt just escape into that big ass computer.
- Afterwards, when you call her, beyond that Terra works for Team Meteor, Ame doesnt even question that she escaped into a computer, and lampshades that she isnt questioning it.
- When you return to the Circus to face Ciel, it turns out you never got a Battle Pass to face her. Ciel responds by slipping one into your back pocket, right in front of the ringmaster, and saying that you just lost it.
- When you first meet Serra, she explains that Luna turned up at her door one day, claiming that Serra is her mother, and that Serra's been trying to track down her real parents, but it's not like they'll just turn up at the door... guess what happens next?
- During the raid on Team Meteor's Tanzan base, there's a problem with an Abra hooked up to a PULSE machine: namely, it keeps teleporting everything at random. ZEL keeps trying to deactivate it, but Abra just teleports it away every time they try. There's one part that's almost like a conversation, with Abra just teleporting ZEL around in lieu of telling them to get fucked.
- Terra's dialogue when you first meet her makes her sound like a slightly older version of Tiny Tina. She also makes innuendo-ridden comments right back at Cain.
- In the earlier Episodes, in Laura's house you can find a magazine in a table named "Dragon Tamer Monthly". Inspect it and you'll find a picture of Saphira undressed and covered only with some bubbles. Your character will then awkwardly put down the magazine and the game will comment that perhaps it's not something you should be reading.
- Gossip Gardevoirs interview with Aya. As it turned out, Gardevoir hadnt scheduled a meeting with Aya beforehand. The results are comic gold.Aya: Why are you in our living room?
GG: So! Aya! How does it feel to finally be a gym leader?
Aya: No, really. Who are you? What are all these cameras Wheres my mom? Mom?
GG: Oh, she just stepped out for a minute-
Aya: No, that cant be. Shes always in here. She doesnt leave. Its a little weird, really. MOM?! ARE YOU UPSTAIRS?
GG: Well, look, she wouldnt give us permission for this, but I never miss a meeting, so we just had someone keep her busy-
Aya: Um, what. You cant just do that, you-
GG: So Aya! Tell us about yourself!
Aya: Wheres the phone, Im calling the police
GG: Excuse me?! I am a celebrity! And here I am, generously trying to expand your career and this is how you treat me?!
Aya: Yeah, theres this crazy talking pokemon in my house she just appeared. I dunno.
GG: You actually called them! How dare you! Do you know the things I could say about you on live television?!
Aya: Yeah, I think shes threatening me now. Out in the wasteland. Youll find it. Yeah. Thanks.
GG: Do I need to tell the world about your secret relationship with Hardy?! Hm?
Aya: You what?! There is no get out of my house!
GG: Ahaha youd better do just as I say or Ill tell everyone just how Hardy he can get Hey, watch the eyes when youre clawing at me! Thats all on todays Interview Intermission. Until next time!
- After failing to get a single word out of him, Shade eventually gives a cryptic poem to Gossip Gardevoir when she tries to interview him.Shade:To they who sleep before the screen, glazing words and counting sheep, find the seer of the unseen, deliver her from flat-line creep.Gardevoir: What did you hey! Where did he go?! He was just here a second ago
- Samson's interview with Gardevoir: After refusing to say anything besides that he likes his job as a strongman, Gardevoir threatens to use Psychic on him if he doesnt tell them another fact about himself. Samson says that he is currently telling One arbitrary fact to a camera. You can almost hear Gardevoirs eye twitching.
- During the raid on Devon Corp, a Meteor member provokes Victoria by mentioning Kiki. When Victoria warns him to not do it again, he does it again, and Victoria throws him into a wall. Then the Meteor guy's partner admits that he had it coming.
- When Hardy finally touches down near Amarias house after Terra sends him flying, hes soundly unconscious. How does his sister Titania wake him up? By using Wake-up Slap on him, of course!Hardy: Ow, ow, okay, okay, Im up already! Yikes!
- In a case of Black Comedy, this excerpt from Titania and Taka's conversation near the end of the Water Treatment Plant level.Titania: Give my regards to the men who treated her.Taka: I would, but you kinda already killed them.Titania: ...right, well. Tough.
- If you refuse to take Popplio with you at one point in the game, you get the following narration:Narrator: Popplio looks away sadly. You feel the judgement of one thousand third person narrators bearing down on your icy, heartless being.Obtained Never-Melt Ice!Narrator: Popplio is too good for you anyway.
- At the end of the Magikarp side quest, the guy who stole your Magikarp battles you and pulls out your 'ultimate Pokemon', saying that now they'll see what it can do... and then he realises that it's a level 5 Magikarp. After the battle, he says he'll just go turn himself in now.
- There are various areas in the Tourmaline Desert where one can leave food out to try to catch wild Gible. At one of these points, there is a boulder nearby. If you approach the Gible from the left, it runs off to the right... and bounces off the boulder before running away.
- If, while riding on a Tauros, you talk to the nearby Miltank, you get some... interesting responses.
- There's a secret room in the Grand Hall basement full of Alolan Vulpix. If you enter, leave the Hall and return to it later, you'll find that the Vulpix have left the room and are now all over the Grand Hall.
Pokemon Reborn Hardcore
- Techie Johnathan (mentioned above) gets his Mega Rayquaza back, at least in earlier versions of the mod. Fortunately, he returns as the final boss of the Chamber of Memories, with his Mega Rayquaza in tow! As of the Episode 16 Mid-Release, he's a major character, running the Hardcore version of the Reborn League. Oh, and he keeps his Rayquaza.
- While the rematch against Corey's ghost is pure, undiluted Nightmare Fuel, the descriptions you get when you obtain his Pokemon afterwards are pretty funny.
- His Garbodor, which is found near some trash in the Peridot Ward, hugs you when you find it. Very, very tightly. The game even states that taking it with you might be more trouble than it's worth.
- His Swalot, which is found in the Sweet Kiss Candy Shop in the Obsidia Ward, is gobbling down candy like there's no tomorrow when you find it. Once it recognizes you, it tries to eat Corey's ring, and then tries to eat your whole bag!
- His Scolipede, which is found in the Onyx Trainer School in the sorority dorm, apparently wandered into the school and got freaked out by all the girls screaming in terror at it, and the game states that it's practically begging you to take it with you.
- His Vileplume, which is sleeping in the Malchous Forest, becomes excited when it recognizes you... and promptly goes back to sleep.
- His Beedrill, which is admiring the flowers in the Lapis Ward, starts poking you when it recognizes you. The game then states that you might want to take it with you before you get poisoned... again.
- In the Episode 15 release, when you meet Commander inside Glitch City, he tells you that he created the whole game from within a tiny, out-of-the-way area within a virtual world. Then he says this:Commander: ...It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time and the rent was cheap.