A 1999 Rom Com directed by Gary Sinyor and starring Chris O'Donnell as a bachelor who has less than 24 hours to get married in order to get married, otherwise he would lose his inheritance of $100 million from his grandfather.
The film was released on November 5, 1999.
Tropes for the film:
- Death Song: Parodied when Jimmie notes that Mariah Carey's character is singing even while she's dying.
- Dinner and a Breakup: Anne breaks up with Jimie and angrily storms out of the restaurant because he basically told her that he was only proposing because she wants to get married, not be cause he loves her.
- I Want Grandkids: A grandfather version, so much so that Jimmie's grandfather had it written in his will for his grandfather to get married and have children in order to get his inheritence.
- On One Condition: Jimmie will inherit his cynical, progeny-obsessed grandfather's $100 million if he gets married before his 30th birthday, which will arrive in less than 24 hours from the reading of the will. So that he should remain an admirable lead and not motivated by greed, it is made clear that if he doesn't fulfill the condition, the sporting-goods factory where he works will be shut down and its assets sold off, throwing hundreds of people he knows out of work.
- Race Against the Clock: Jimmie has less than 24 hours to get married or lose the inheritance and the business along with it.