End Times is a series of Crossover FanFiction by E350, taking place mainly in The Fairly OddParents! universe, with the additions of Danny Phantom, The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius and SpongeBob SquarePants. It is in no way related to Nicktoons Unite!. You can find the trilogy here, here and here.
It's somewhat dark.
The first story concerns Anti-Cosmo and the Head Pixie teaming up to unlock the Dark (not to be confused with the Darkness, M.E.R.F. kidnapping Danny Fenton and Vicky so that they can force them to collect the Key of the Light and Cosmo and Wanda having relationship issues. Everything piles up onto each other when Wanda goes over to Anti-Cosmo, Fairy World is destroyed and M.E.R.F. starts hunting down Timmy's friends and family. Timmy, along with his temporary housemate Dani, Danny's Opposite-Sex Clone, begin an attempt to get to the bottom of this, and end up in an overarching plot that will decide the fate of the Earth.
The sequel takes place two years later, with the U.S. Government's new agency, F.A.I.R., rounding up all fairies and godchildren and taking them to camps. In Dimmsdale, Jimmy Neutron teams up with Sanjay to free the city, while in the Rocky Mountains, The Cave prepares more violent unrest. With the impending return of Timmy, Jazz and Norm head off to alert The Cave, but get stuck in a perfectly normal town on the way, while some Marines get sent in to silence the resistance network.
The third part takes place another year into the future, with The Cave, secretly supported by the Germans, still resisting F.A.I.R.'s successor, F.I.N.A.L. Freakshow has built himself a giant Space Station called Cyclops, and he is near finding the Balance.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- A.K.A.-47: Averted. Weapons are either given thier real names or not named at all.
- Anyone Can Die: ANYONE. Remy, Trixie, Elmer, Tad, Chad, Tootie, Vicky, Sam, AJ, Chester, Molly, Crocker, Jimmy, Cindy, Carl...I think you get the point.
- Armies Are Evil: Both played straight and averted. While the vast majority of soldiers seen in the fic are generally normal people, F.A.I.R. are certainly corrupt, and F.I.N.A.L. was inspired by Those Wacky Nazis.
- Artistic License Geography: Why the author stopped trying to say where everything in the U.S. was.
- Awesome Personnel Carrier: The Warrior IFV makes a short appearence in End Times, and the Stryker and Bradley are mentioned in Middle Grounds.
- Bash Brothers: Mr. Krabs and...Crocker.
- The Chosen One: Timmy. Spongebob and Freakshow are this to the Balance and Dark respectivly.
- Cool Boat: The Ark is an aircraft carrier crossed with a fortress that dwarfs the Nimitz-class. Too bad Dan destroyed it.
- Cool Plane: There are a lot of them in The Beginning. If helicopters count, there is also the Blackhawk from the original End Times.
- Crapsack World: Middle Grounds portays a horrible place to live.
- Despair Event Horizon: Timmy nearly crosses this when he is confronted by the decomposed images of his dead friends, but is helped back away from it by Dani and the ghost of Danny.
- Enemy Mine: This happens a lot. Norm and Vicky are the most noticable examples.
- General Ripper: General Stone.
- The Government
- Gunship Rescue: With an A-10 Warthog.
- Historical Domain Character: Hitler.
- Mother Russia Makes You Strong: Kalashnikov.
- Nuke 'em: Notable in being the very first scene of The Beginning, although it was just a test.
- President Evil: President Frederick Isak Showsenhower.
- Prime Minister Corrupt: The British Prime Minister is not very nice.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Colonel Atkinson.
- Redemption Equals Death: Remy dies protecting Timmy. Francis and Vicky also get this, as does Crocker.
- Red Shirt: Pretty much everyone in the army.
- Running Gag: A British helicopter pilot turned tankman turned pilot turns up in all three stories. He eventually dies.
- Semper Fi: A squad of USMC Force Recon are major characters.
- Shout-Out: The climax of The Beginning is based on the Spitfires in Space scene from Doctor Who, cool planes and all.
- Colonel R. Atkinson.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism vs. Cynicism: WELL in the cynical side as far as politics are concerned, but there is a bit of idealism in the main plot.
- Storming the Castle: The climax of End Times.
- Take a Level in Badass: A lot of the cast. Veronica comes to mind.
- Tank Goodness: The Challenger 2 from Middle Grounds.