Monica Anna Maria Bellucci (born September 30, 1964 in Citta di Castello, Italy) is an Italian model and actress.
She's fluent in several languages, to the point where she has dubbed her own roles for some of those languages, French most notably.
She was married to French actor Vincent Cassel from 1999 to 2013, with whom she has two daughters, Deva and Léonie.
- Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992) as one of Dracula's brides
- Dobermann (1997) as Nat la Gitane ("Gipsy Nat")
- Malèna (2000) as Malèna Scordia
- Brotherhood of the Wolf (2001) as Sylvia
- Asterix & Obelix: Mission Cleopatra (2002) as Cleopatra
- Irréversible (2002) as Alex
- Tears of the Sun (2003) as Dr. Lena Kendricks
- The Matrix as Persephone
- The Passion of the Christ (2004) as Mary Magdalene
- The Brothers Grimm (2005) as the Mirror Queen
- Sheitan (2006) as La belle vampiresse (cameo)
- Shoot 'em Up (2007) as Donna Quintano
- Ne te retourne pas (2009) as Gianni
- The Sorcerer's Apprentice (2010) as Veronica
- Spectre (2015) as Lucia
- Twin Peaks (2017) As Herself
- Nekrotronic (2018) as Finnegan
Tropes in her work:
- Fashion Model: Her career started as one.
- Hide Your Pregnancy: In The Whistleblower.
- Hooker with a Heart of Gold: She plays a kindhearted prostitute in How Much Do You Love Me?. Her prostitute character in Brotherhood of the Wolf is also on the side of good, but turns out to be quite ruthless and dangerous, and could almost pass as a Lady of War in her later scenes.
- Ms. Fanservice: She's clearly comfortable with her looks, and they aren't exactly under-exploited in her filmography.
- Proud Beauty: Takes great pride in her looks and often described how important her body is to her.
- Pretty in Mink: Modeled some furs, and wore some in Shoot 'Em Up and the French film How Much Do You Love Me?
- Rapunzel Hair: Occasionally plays roles with her hair at waist-length or longer.
- So Beautiful It's a Curse: Defied in an interview:"It's a handicap if you're stupid. But not if you are intelligent and know how to use your beauty."