Asia Argento is an Italian actress, singer, model and director who was born September 20, 1975 in Rome. She is a regular in the films of Dario Argento, her father. She also appeared in George A. Romero's Land of the Dead, the Vin Diesel action film xXx, and her father's film Mother of Tears.
No relation to another girl named Asia Argento.
This actress provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Frequently plays them.
- Directed by Cast Member: She directed and starred in Scarlet Diva and The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things.
- Fake Russian: In xXx, she plays the Russian Yelena.
- Ms. Fanservice: Definitely not shy about taking her clothes off. Though it somewhat dampens the titillation when you realize that many of those nude scenes featured her father behind the camera.
- Not Even Bothering with the Accent: In nearly all of her roles she has played in, Asia speaks in her natural Italian accent.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: Her American accent in The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things is all over the place. It keeps slipping back to her own accent.
- Role-Ending Misdemeanor: Jimmy Bennett accused Asia Argento on August 2018 of sexually assaulting him when he was 17 note after she had been a mother figure to him for over a decade and revealed she agreed to pay him to keep him silent. She was fired from her position as judge of The X Factor Italy; she would appear in the seven earlier episodes of the ongoing season before being replaced afterwards. Ironically, she was an important voice of the #MeToo movement and one of the people that denounced Harvey Weinstein as a sexual predator.
- Star-Derailing Role: Mother of Tears. Because of that movie's negative reception, she's done secondary roles in TV series and independent drama films until the French movie Cadences obstinées put the final nail in the coffin, completely destroying her career as an actress. Her last work was directing a Music Video for Indochine's "La vie est belle". Now, she's stuck as a TV columnist, although she was an important voice of the #MeToo movement and one of the people who denounced Harvey Weinstein as a sexual offender.
- The Stoner: Known for taking all kinds of drugs. On the DVD Commentary for The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things, she explains all the different drugs she has done during the making of this movie. We even see footage of her doing them in the montage where her character goes out with different men.