Minka Kelly (born Minka Dumont Dufay; June 24, 1980 in Los Angeles, California) is an American actress.
Kelly is best known for her roles in television, particularly as Lyla Garrity in the television adaptation of Friday Night Lights, which she portrayed from 2006 to 2009. Some of her other notable television credits include Parenthood, the 2011 reboot of Charlie's Angels, and Almost Human. In 2018, she debuted as DC Comics heroine Dawn Granger / Dove in the live-action DC Universe series Titans, based on the Teen Titans franchise.
She's also known for her roles in thrillers and horror films, including the likes of The Pumpkin Karver and The Roommate, the latter of which she co-starred against her Hollywood doppelgänger, Leighton Meester.
- The Turbo Charged Prelude for 2 Fast 2 Furious (2003) as The Girl
- Devils Highway (2005) as River
- The Pumpkin Karver (2006) as Tammy Boyles
- States Evidence (2006) as Girl #3
- The Kingdom (2007) as Miss Ross
- (500) Days of Summer (2009) as Autumn
- The Roommate (2011) as Sara Matthews
- Just Go with It (2011) as Joanna Damon
- Searching For Sonny (2011) as Eden Mercer
- The Butler (2013) as Jackie Kennedy
- The World Made Straight (2014) as Dena
- Papa Hemingway In Cuba (2015) as Debbie Hunt
- Away And Back (2015) as Ginny
- Naked (2017) as Callie
- The Beach House (2018) as Cara Rudland
- Night Hunter (2019) as Angie
- Shes In Portland (200) as Sarah
- Lansky Maureen (200) as Maureen
- Cracking Up (2004) as Monica
- Drake & Josh (2004) as Stacey
- American Dreams (2005) as Bonnie
- What I Like About You (2005) as Ricki
- Friday Night Lights (2006 — 2009) as Lyla Garrity
- Parenthood (2010 — 2011) as Gaby
- Entourage (2010) as Herself
- Charlie's Angels (2011) as Eve French
- Full Circle (2013) as Bridgette Murphy
- Almost Human (2013 — 2014) as Valerie Stahl
- Man Seeking Woman (2015) as Whitney
- The Path (2016) as Miranda Frank
- Jane the Virgin (2017) as Abbey Whitman
- Bull (2017) as Kara Clayton
- Titans (2018 — Present) as Dawn Granger / Dove II
- Drunk History (2019) as Maurine Dallas Watkins / Florence Nightingale
- Legends of Tomorrow (2020) as Dawn Granger / Dove II
She provides examples of:
- Ambiguously Brown: She cites part Dutch-Indonesian ancestry.
- Brainy Brunette: In a lot of her roles.
- Casting Gag: Played a humanoid robot meant for beauty that chooses to pursue a more dangerous lifestyle in both Almost Human and Detroit: Become Human
- Relationship Voice Actor: With Jesse Williams in Detroit: Become Human. They were in a romantic relationship in real life until January of 2018, a few months before the game was released.
- Star-Making Role: Her role as Lyla in Friday Night Lights.
- What Could Have Been: She was one of the actresses considered to play the role of Laurel Lance on Arrow when that show was still being conceptualized.