Minka Kelly (born Minka Dumont Dufay; June 24, 1980) is an American actress.
Kelly is best known for her roles in television, particularly as Lyla Garrity in the television adaptation of Friday Night Lights, which she portrayed from 2006 to 2009. Some of her other notable television credits include Parenthood, the 2011 reboot of Charlie's Angels, and Almost Human.
She's also known for her roles in thrillers and horror films, including the likes of The Pumpkin Karver and The Roommate, the latter of which she co-starred against her Hollywood doppelgänger, Leighton Meester.
- What I Like About You (2005) as Ricki
- Friday Night Lights (2006 — 2009) as Lyla Garrity
- The Pumpkin Karver (2006) as Tammy Boyles
- The Kingdom (2007) as Miss Ross
- (500) Days of Summer (2009) as Autumn
- Parenthood (2010 — 2011) as Gaby
- The Roommate (2011) as Sara Matthews
- Just Go with It (2011) as Joanna Damon
- Charlie's Angels (2011) as Eve French
- The Butler (2013) as Jackie Kennedy
- Almost Human (2013 — 2014) as Valerie Stahl
- The Path (2016) as Miranda Frank
- Jane the Virgin (2017) as Abbey Whitman
- Detroit: Become Human (2018) as North (voice)
- Titans (2018 — present) as Dawn Granger / Dove II
- Night Hunter (2019)
She provides examples of:
- Ambiguously Brown: She cites part Dutch-Indonesian ancestry.
- Brainy Brunette: In a lot of her roles.
- Casting Gag: Played a humanoid robot meant for beauty that chooses to pursue a more dangerous lifestyle in Almost Human and in Detroit: Become Human
- Relationship Voice Actor: With Jesse Williams in Detroit: Become Human. They were in a romantic relationship in real life until January of 2018, a few months before the game was released.
- Star-Making Role: Her role as Lyla in Friday Night Lights.
- What Could Have Been: She was one of the actresses considered to play the role of Laurel Lance on Arrow when that show was still being conceptualized.