Margaret Ruth "Margot" Kidder (October 17, 1948 May 13, 2018) was a Canadian-American actress.
She is best remembered for her role as Lois Lane in the Christopher Reeve Superman films, although she also enjoyed a cult following through her appearances in horror films, such as Sisters, Black Christmas, and The Amityville Horror.
Aside from her acting career, Kidder was also an activist in environmentalism and pacifism.
She passed away at age 69, in what was ruled a suicide by drug overdose.
Films with pages on TV Tropes:
- Sisters (1973) as Danielle Breton and Dominique Blanchion
- Black Christmas (1974) as Barbara Coard
- The Great Waldo Pepper (1975) as Maude
- Superman film series as Lois Lane
- The Amityville Horror (1979) as Kathy Lutz
- Apocalypse III: Tribulation (2000) as Eileen Canboro
TV series with pages on TV Tropes:
- Nichols (197172) as Ruth
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (1986) as Narrator
- Tales from the Crypt (1992, episode "Curiosity Killed") as Cynthia
- Captain Planet and the Planeteers (199395) as Gaia (voice)note
- Boston Common (199697) as Cookie de Varen
- Aaahh!!! Real Monsters (1997) as Mistress Helga (voice)
- La Femme Nikita (1999) as Roberta Wirth
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (2001, episode "Pique") as Grace Mayberry
- Smallville (2004) as Bridgette Crosby
- Brothers and Sisters (2007) as Emily Craft
- The Haunting Hour (2014) as Mrs. Worthington
Tropes about the actress's works:
- Poe's Law: Starred in the Apocalypse film series movie Tribulation as a Christian, believing the series to be a parody of Christian end-times movies. She later regretted it when she found out it was played straight and thus didn't make any mention of it.
- Remake Cameo: After playng Lois Lane in the 197887 Superman film series, she appeared as Bridgette Crosby in Smallville, which chronicles Clark Kent's adolescence.