Claude Joséphine Rose "Claudia" Cardinale (born April 15 1938 in Tunis) is an Italian Tunisian actress and former sex symbol.
The apex of her career happened during The '60s when she worked with such directors as Federico Fellini, Luchino Visconti and Sergio Leone, besides appearing in several Hollywood movies. While her career waned in The '70s, she still works regularly to this day.
- Big Deal on Madonna Street (1958) as Carmelina
- Rocco and His Brothers (1960) as Ginetta
- Cartouche (1962) as Vénus
- 8½ (1963) as Claudia
- The Leopard (1963) as Angelica Sedara / Bertiana
- The Pink Panther (1963) as Princess Dala
- Sandra (1965) as Sandra
- The Professionals (1966) as Maria Grant
- Don't Make Waves (1967) as Laura Califatti
- Once Upon a Time in the West (1968) as Jill McBain
- A Fine Pair (1968) as Esmeralda Marini
- The Legend of Frenchie King (1971) as Marie Sarrazin
- Blonde in Black Leather (1975) as Laura/Claudia
- Jesus of Nazareth (1977) as The Adultress
- Escape to Athena (1979) as Eleana
- Fitzcarraldo (1982) as Molly
- Son of the Pink Panther (1993) as Maria Gambrelli
- Faux Fluency: Didn't speak Italian at the beginning of her career (her native languages are Arabic and French, and she learned Sicilian from her parents), so she was dubbed by another actress.
- Ms. Fanservice: One of the iconic female sex symbols of the The '60s and The '70s.
- Name's the Same: Played characters named "Claudia" in 8½ and Blonde in Black Leather.
- What Could Have Been: Luchino Visconti wanted to adapt Carmen into film starring Cardinale as the title character. These plans never became reality.
- You Look Familiar: She played Princess Dala in the original The Pink Panther, and Maria Gambrelli in Son of the Pink Panther (replacing Elke Sommer).