Diana Prince, Princess of Themiscyria
The main character of the book, destined to become Wonder Woman
- Disappeared Dad: Well, she was formed from clay, so... a father actually doesn't exist.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Phyxis, which Tekmassa calls her. A Phyxis is a vial made from clay, a reference to the way Diana was created from clay, not as a human woman, and that Tekmassa thinks she's hollow and empty, as well as easily breakable. Diana is determinated to prove her wrong.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: As per the norm, she's the princess of Themiscyria.
- Fish out of Water: In New York. Not too badly, though, because Themiscyria has access to modern literature and art.
- The Hero: Well, she is a young Wonder Woman as the protagonist.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Interesting cross between this and I Just Want to Be Special. Diana does want to be recognized as an amazing warrior, but given that the normal on Themiscyria is human women who died bravely and were resurrected as Amazons there, that's just about everybody there. She also wants to make everyone stop treat her differently because of how she was created, so it's mostly just the desire to be accepted.
- Statuesque Stunner: Alia notes multiple times how tall Diana is
- When You Coming Home, Dad?: Well, Mom. Diana mentions that she once wove a small tapestry with her mother, and kept pulling out threads at night so that the tapestry wouldn't be finished and she'd get to spend more time with Hippolyta.
Alia Mayeux Keralis
Daughter of Nik and Lina Keralis, she's been living in fear of the people who want to hurt her family since the death of her parents. After an explosion on the ship she was one killed everyone else, she is rescued from drowning by Diana. However, she is the Warbringer, destined to start a world war, and so her adventure goes on.
- Black and Nerdy: Both Theo and Nim remark that she's highly intelligent.
- But Not Too Black: She's the daughter of a white man and a black woman.
- The Chosen One: The Warbringer
- Cosmic Plaything: Because she's the Warbringer, multiple factions are either trying to kill her or to save her, all with their own agenda. Even the oracle and several goddesses have a hand in this. Alia herself is just a normal seventeen year old girl who wants to live her life, though.
- Deuteragonist: The book is named after Diana, but Alia's actions drive the story just as much as Diana's.
- Doom Magnet: She's the warbringer, and fights and brawls break out whereever she goes
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Alia desperately wants a normal life without worrying about people wanting to kill her or use her for her family's money.
- Precocious Crush: Had one on Theo. Isn't really over it, and is implied to get together with him when the adventure's over
- Screw Destiny: She's destined to bring on the next world war. The whole book is about trying to prevent that from happening.
- Secret Legacy: Alia is the warbringer, destined to start a world war, like all the other warbringers before her, going back to Helena of Troy.
- Selfmade Orphan: Jason hints that Alia might unintentionally be this, because their parents died in a car crash while fighting, and Alia's mere presence causes fights and brawls to break out.
- Walking Disaster Area: What Alia is becoming as her seventeen's birthday draws closer
Poornima "Nim" Chaudhary
Alia's best friend, an Indian American fashionista.
- Ambiguously Bi: Or gay, she's not sure yet.
- Gayngst: A mild case. She's out to her friends, and the casual way Alia mentions Nim's sexuality to Diana suggests that Nim doesn't make a secret of it at school. However, she is not out to her parents, and worries a lot about what their reaction would be, despite the fact that, as Alia points out, they'd probably not react negatively.
- I Just Want to Be Special: Has shades of this, and freely admits to dressing as colorful as she does partly because she wants attention.
- Invisible Parents: They're mentioned exactly once as people who might worry about Nim, but never actually show up, and she doesn't seem to think about them too much, either
- Lipstick Lesbian: Into girls, and really likes fashion
- Only Known by Their Nickname: She only introduces herself by her full name once, afterwards she's only ever referred to as Nim.
- Twofer Token Minority: Indian American and attracted to women.
Jason's best friend, the son of Alia's godfather Michael Santos.
- Missing Mom: His mother is never mentioned
- Playful Hacker: Seems careless, and is a very good hacker. The hacking comes in very handy at the final battle
Jason Mayeux Keralis
Son of Nik and Lina Keralis, older brother of Alia. He's been protecting her since the death of their parents.
- Ambiguously Human: He's stronger and faster than a normal human, as Diana notes. It's hinted that this might be because of the family's legacy, but Jason has been dealing in biology and genetical manipulation, so it's not clear whether that's the reason for his strength.
- Black and Nerdy: He's a biologist, and he's black
- But Not Too Black: His father was white and his mother black.
- False Friend: Jason, to everybody given his hidden motivations, but a clear example is his relationship with Theo. He openly admits that the only reason he hung out with Theo was to keep an eye on his father.
- Glory Seeker: Why he wants to bring on the war: He wants to be a hero of old and remembered as such
- I Just Want to Be Special: To the degree that he wants to plunge Earth back into the bronze age and start a world war so that he can be a hero like the ones in the legends he grew up hearing.
- Knight Templar Big Brother: He has lots and lots of security hired, and is paranoid about Alia's safety. After The Reveal of his true intentions, it's questionable whether he actually wanted to protect Alia because he loves her, or whether he just wanted to make sure she started the war she's destined to bring.
- Love-Interest Traitor: To Diana. They bond about wanting to prove themselves, and even kiss, and then it turns out he's been sabotaging The Quest the whole time.
- Promoted to Parent: After the death of his and Alia's parents
Queen of Amazons, mother of Diana.