The crew that Wake, Morgan, and Chromagil set off to face the Onrush with in Chapter 5.
If you'd like to go back to the main index, click here.
A Ceratopsian-Saurian Librarian. She came from the Isle of Dragon fleeing the Onrush, but in the process lost her family and barely escaped the demons who attacked her vessel. The crew chooses her to go and face Lord Riisp.
- Afraid of Blood: Gains a phobia of blood after being hit twice with a fear-inducing blood-spray attack.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Her scale color is purple.
- Badass Bookworm: Her class, the homebrew'd Librarian, can do a lot of damage through merely using books she's cultivated over the years. Justified in that a lot of those books just so happen to be magical. Of course, if that fails...she's still a triceratops. So she can just bowl over things if she's pissed enough.
- Big Eater: Mechanically, she has to take up more rations than a normal person would due to her size, though she can rough it with ferns she finds while out and about.
- The Big Guy: Weaponized with a feat that gives out frightful presence wherever she goes, and ends up using her physical brawn far more than her spells.
- Breath Weapon: Shock and Awe flavor. She learned Lightning Dragon Breath from her time caring for Woe.
- Constantly Curious: In a purely academic way. She spends plenty of time gathering samples and writing down notes of everything the group encounters.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Made a lot worse by her towering height.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: She's a Triceratops-Lady!
- Gentle Giant: She's eight feet tall, and friendly as could be.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: Woe would have been condemned to blindness or worse had Valtara not made her breakthroughs in curing her condition. When they reunite, Woenote hugged her and thanked her sincerely for giving her a life she wouldn't have had otherwise.
- Screw This, I'm Out of Here!: After the impressively silly Ribbiting Tribulations, Valtara decides to cut her losses and just wait outside while the group talks to Lord Bulbous.
- Sole Survivor: Of her family. Her husband and son were killed on the boat they were on by the Onrush. It's why she wants to help stop the Onrush more than anything.
- Team Mom: In-Character she's definitely one to Woe, of all beings, and out of character, the group jokes that due to her naturally cautious and studious nature, she's constantly having to rein in the far more reckless crew, their nickname for her being "Dino-Mom". It helps that she actually was a mother.
- Whip It Good: One of her weapons of choice.
Meecha AzmintA Snow Leopard-Tabaxi Plague Doctor. The crew first met her in Rite, but was then properly introduced to the entire group in Vesa Bay, where she's been attempting to cure a nasty virus that's taken half the town. Initially she was passed up in favor of Valtara in getting to Vesa Bay, but eventually joined the crew as their designated noblewoman and presumably their medic due to having the details of their mission told to her by a patient who had survived the fall of Eburkal.
- Berserk Button: Due to her noble nature she tries to keep it together, but she clearly cannot stand leaving open wounds and scars untreated, and demands that Onslow allow her to fix him up.
- Blue Blood: From South Xellous, and a lady of high caliber.
- Brown Note: Was given special instructions in the form of a specific sequence of numbers, but when she said them out loud...it killed the man who told them to her. As a result, she refuses to ever repeat them.
- But Thou Must!: Unlike other party members, Zito ensured that the group would be leaving Vesa Bay with Meecha due to the fact that she's their ticket out of there, and also because she straight up followed them to Vesa Bay.
- Cassandra Truth: Was essentially told the plot of the story so far and probably that the fall of Eburkal was coming, but everyone in Xellous thought she was a quack and revoked her license as a result.
- Dreaming of Things to Come: Has prophetic dreams that pertain to her patients that initially came from a disheveled man who ended up barely surviving the fall of Eburkal, and gave her the details of the mission Wake and company were on.
- Gameplay and Story Segregation: Zito states that when her body is controlled by the Yth, all her needs are met and she doesn't require food or sleep and she'll mostly react as if she'd been in a dream...However, the second Meecha is released after they go through the Emerald Canal, she gasps in horror as if she just got her body back from a hijacking, and acts starved to the point of eating 4-day old food.
- Hearing Voices: She hears essentially her own mental voice giving her insight on her patients and in her studies. and previously, a mystery man who told her to seek out Wake.
- The Empath: Her skill in medicine and psychiatry comes from being able to read people's emotions and pain almost instinctively.
- Mrs. Exposition: When her connection to the Yth is revealed, she ends up providing vital information from the Yth, who have been desperately seeking the party.
- Plague Doctor: Complete with bird mask.
- Rich Bitch: Shows these tendencies as she continues her journey with the Obscuro Crew.
- Self-Made Woman: She became a noble due to her incredible skill in surgery and psychiatry.
- The Shrink: Type 3, but with a Type 2 mentality. She is good at what she does and is very well-meaning, but she's one of the only doctors in the world right now who'd ever care about it and sometimes treats evaluating mental health more like material for a book rather than a way to help the ill.
- Support Party Member: Mechanically, she's a healer who doesn't use spell slots or items to do her work, and due to her background in psychiatry, she's best in social situations where her insight can be put to good use. Good thing too, since other than Morgan, most of the crew's Charisma is pitiful.
- Touched by Vorlons: Turns out that the prophetic voices she's been hearing are in fact that of the Yth.
- You Can't Fight Fate: Though she loathes the very idea of it.
DevilgrinA massive Drukhari samurai who works as a smith in the town of Gulliver. He joins the crew as a guide through the underdark.
- Everything's Better with Samurai: Trained by specialized fighters in the underdark
- Family of Choice: According to him, he was enslaved and then rescued, and chose his rescuers as family.
- Glasgow Smile: His already reptilian features have been "complimented" with a mouth whose "cheeks" have been slashed open.
- Gonk: Is described as very ugly due to his gnarled features and cut open mouth.