Taylor Hebert aka Ariadne
- Action Girl: Like in canon.
- Badass Bookworm: She is learned but physically unimposing. Still she is a scarily effective fighter.
- Brainy Brunette: Brown-haired and a good student.
- Broken Bird: The prank's locker rendered her comatose. Elle helped her heal and she joined Faultline's mercenary crew.
- The Determinator: She NEVER gives up.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Elle, her current best friend.
Emma Barnes aka Redshift
- Action Girl: She is a dangerous fighter.
- Adaptational Heroism: Compared to her canon counterpart (who stays a bitch until Taylor destroys her arrogance) this Emma is a lot nicer.
- Alpha Bitch: She used be this, to her regret.
- Anti-Villain: She wanted to become a hero to help Taylor. Her goal has not changed, but she has to join a super-villain team to achieve it.
- The Atoner: She blames herself for destroying her best friend's life and wants to make amends.
- Heel Realization: Had one when a.) Taylor came out catatonic b.) the students largely laughed c.) she realized they were doing it to please her. This triggered a domino effect where she finally realized what she had become and her actions were wrong.
- Intangibility: She can phase through solid objects when she uses her power.
- Must Make Amends: She really wants to make amends with her ex-best friend, but she doesn't believe she can.
- Reformed, but Rejected: Played with. Emma manages to apologize to her ex-friend, and Taylor believes Emma is actually sorry, but also makes clear that it is too late.
Pride aka One aka Seleukos
- Anti-Villain: Unlike Jack he has a relatively sympathetic motivation; he wants to rebuild the world he lost. Unfortunately this means doing Abaddon's bidding.
- Big Bad: Word of God confirms that he's one of the main contenders. Certainly the Big Bad in Brockton
- The Dreaded: Taylor and Elle immediately decide to flee when they learn Pride plans to question them. Even the Butcher is compelled to obey him and Riley flat out states that the reason the Sins obey him is because they're scared of him. Other people are also scared of him, putting him up there with the Slaughterhouse 9.
- Evil Is Petty: One of the things he uses his powers for is to make sure his clothes are always pristine even when there's dust flying everywhere.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Started out as a normal man with a family.....then he lost it all when Abaddon crashed into earth. Now he's a physical God.
- Mole in Charge: He's the new PRT director.
- The Rival: To Jack Slash; he poaches members of Jack's teams or prospective recruits (such as Riley), can't be read by Jack, and sees Jack as the petty thug he really is, which irritates Jack to no end.
- Physical God: As Abbadon's herald, he's granted powers to go toe to toe with Scion if need be.
- Team Dad: A REALLY REALLY twisted example.
- Tragic Villain: Is motivated to restore the world he lost, and is implied to be influenced by Abaddon.
Greed aka The Butcher aka Elsa Levi aka Two
- Fallen Hero: Tried being a hero...than the sins came and it was all downhill from there
- Incompatible Orientation: Was in love with Taylor, who unfortunately doesn't swing that way.
- Lonely Rich Kid
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Brutally murders Blackwell and Gladly and tries to kill Julia.
- Serial Killer: Becomes one
- Tragic Monster
Envy aka Four aka Ingenue
- Mega Manning: Ingenue gains powers by forming a link with the original owner through a discussion. The link causes the original owner's mind to break down.
Lust aka Six aka Dana
- Arch-Enemy: Shaping to be Taylor's.
- Bait the Dog: Seems sympathetic to Taylor, than gloats about how hilarious she found the torture described in the journal.
- Evil Is Sexy: Her whole schtick, wearing fetish wear ranging from a dominatrix outfit to a naughty schoolgirl uniform.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: Was the responsible sibling to Kendra. Unfortunately Kendra's wannabe suitor Tommy (having seen Kendra alter her morality code) modified it to 10%, making her a sociopath.
- Jerkass: Oh so very much. Taylor even compares Emma favorably
- Robot Girl: She's a robot.
- Sadist: She enjoys this.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Currently stuck inside of Archive's field, unable to move or act, but can speak.
- Smug Snake: Given the nature of her powers, she tends to be.
- Sophisticated as Hell: Calls Riley a "cumber world"
- Tragic Monster: What drove her to being a monster was ultimately having her sister killed and her morality code turned down.
Wrath aka Seven aka Riley
- Enemy Mine: Willing to work with the heroes as long as it gets her a shot at Jack.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Refuses to hurt children younger than her and has killed fellow sins who broke that rule.
- Fluffy the Terrible: One of her minions is "Sir Rufus Piddlebody the Fifteenth".
- Mad Scientist: Not as much as canon but still pretty man.
Heartbreaker aka the new lust
Madison Clements aka Archive
Taylor's third tormentor; becomes a hero out of guilt
Crystal Pelham aka Laserdream
- Hates Being Touched: Post-torture, she doesn't like being touched by others.
Sophia Hess aka Shadow Stalker aka Hinder
One of Taylor's tormentors until the locker incident
- Adaptational Heroism: Even though she's a bitch in the beginning she still is somewhat nicer than canon (actually feeling bad about the locker).
- An Arm and a Leg: Loses an arm in the line of duty.
- Character Development: Being forced to work with Bryce causes her to have to develop maturity, which in turn causes her to reevaluate her stance on life. By Arc 15 she's fully realized what she's done was wrong and wants to make amends.
- Freudian Excuse: A surprisingly tragic one; her stepfather Steven was a nice guy....but he also had bipolar disorder. In one of his fits of depression (which usually involved him insulting her) he tried to to take her with him in a murder suicide. Sophia's powers kicking in is the only reason she didn't die. After this she became determined to NEVER be weak like Steven was....but because she was a child she failed to realize what "bipolar disorder" was and that Steven had real mental problems.
- Heel Realization: Finally had one after the tenth arc, realizing that the only reason things went to hell is because of her stupid actions
- It's Personal: She took Armsmaster's murder being framed on her personally. Not just because she didn't do it, but also because he was surprisingly kind to her when she was acting as Hinder.
- My God, What Have I Done?: More muted, but she actually was somewhat horrified by the locker.
- Never My Fault: While she is somewhat haunted, she tries to justify the locker stunt.
- Parental Abandonment: She basically has no parents at this point. For context, the last time they met she had came to rescue her sibling and mother, only to have the latter hold a shotgun to her face and threatened to pull the trigger.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Becomes nicer over the series
Aisha Laborn aka Imp
Zoe BarnesEmma's mom.
- The Atoner: Trying to help Danny as atonement for what Alan and Emma did.
- Not So Above It All: Was a member of Lustrum's crew.
One of Taylor's tormentors; after Greed targets her Faultline's crew saves her, and she tags along.
- Ascended Extra: In canon was just one of the many members of Emma's posse. Here she's a minor character.
- The Atoner: Deeply regrets what she did to Taylor after gaining perspective, to the point where she tries to save Danny even though he hates her.
- Break the Haughty: Was extremely cruel and nasty to Taylor.....than Elsa trapped her in a locker. When Taylor finds her she's a wreck begging not to be left alone
- Cold-Blooded Torture: Experienced this from Elsa; first Elsa punched her hard enough to make her vomit, than she was forced to apologize, then she was almost drowned (by having her face forced into a toilet) and than left in a cramped trunk to die. Oh and she also heard Elsa arguing with the Butchers and them advocating a slow and painful death.
- Entertainingly Wrong: Correctly assumes that Ariadne is related to what's happening, and deduces that Anne Barnes took a formula....but than assumes Anne Barnes is Ariadne.
- The Load: How she perceives herself
- Must Make Amends: Like Emma and Madison
- Scars Are Forever: While physically unharmed, Julia has become claustrophobic as a result of her experiences.
- Took a Level in Badass: Played with and ultimately subverted. While she does save Danny from the monsters, she is quickly overcome with panic and almost becomes chow herself.
Emma's older sister; gains powers after drinking a cauldron vial.
- Ascended Extra: Was mentioned in canon, appeared twice (once in flashback, the second time staring at Taylor after Emma's death)
- Cool Big Sis: Tries to be this;
- Calling the Old Man Out: Does this to Alan
- Promoted to Parent: With Alan a wreck and Zoe with Danny she takes over as Emma's legal guardian.