Characters from the Harold & Kumar movies.
The titular duo
- All Men Are Perverts: They both passionately love porn and strip clubs, and will stop to stare at naked women's breasts in any situation such as while running from security guards who caught them guilty of smoking cannabis on campus grounds.
- Hero with Bad Publicity: In the second movie, they get labelled as terrorists (from a supposed joint collaboration between North Korea and al-Qaeda) by the racist, idiotic Deputy of Homeland Security Ron Fox.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Kumar is the red, Harold is the blue, although whenever they fight, they switch.
- Right Way/Wrong Way Pair: Harold is responsible, mature and hard-working, Kumar is lazy, childish and wasted all his money on marijuana.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: The two of them fight more than an a couple that's been married for years, but they're the closest of friend.
- Trademark Favorite Food: The White Castle sliders. In fact, they each order 30 sliders with fries and Cherry Cokes and eat them all in one sitting.
- Adorkable: Harold is quite endearing, especially when it comes to Maria.
- Butt-Monkey: His main characteristic is being unlucky, and usually ends up getting more abuse than Kumar.
- Chivalrous Pervert: He's as perverted as Kumar, but tries to be as polite as possible.
- Extreme Doormat: He starts out as one at first, but eventually grows a spine and learns to stand up for himself.
- Grew a Spine: He finally learns to stand up for himself by the end of the first movie and be more bold.
- Happily Married: To Maria by the third movie.
- Lovable Coward: He's too kind-hearted to stand up to anybody, not even to his accountant co-workers who foisted their own work upon him to do for the weekend or the racist cop who gave him an exorbitant jaywalking ticket.
- Nice Guy: Compared to Kumar, who is more of a Jerk with a Heart of Gold, Harold is generally more selfless and friendly.
- Only Sane Man: Around Kumar, Neil Patrick Harris and secondary characters such as Freakshow.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Harold spends a lot of time in all 3 movies telling off Kumar what's wrong with him.
- Berserk Button: Given his Indian ethnicity, Kumar doesnt take too kindly to racial profiling or stereotyping.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: He's academically gifted, did well in medical school, earned perfect MCAT scores but would much rather just relax and smoke weed and rely on his father for income.
- Chick Magnet: Is able to entertain women with his great looks and charm, and even used magic to entertain and steal Jesus Christ's girlfriends.
- Deadpan Snarker: Almost any interaction with Harold has him give a snarky line.
- The Hedonist: Harold loves weed, and is far more obsessed with it than Harold is.
- Hidden Depths: Kumar is actually a brilliant medical student and actually wants to be a doctor, but doesn't want to conform to the stereotype of Indians being doctors.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's selfish, irresponsible and lazy, but he genuinely cares about Harold and actually tries to save him when he gets arrested.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: It's always him who's getting Harold and himself into trouble.
- Shipper on Deck: He's constantly encouraging Harold to grow some balls and ask Maria out. In the sequel, it was his idea for them to travel to Amsterdam so Harold could spend more time with her after they started dating. Although, it was also because marijuana was legalized there as well.
- A more minor example is with Cindy Kim, mostly because he thinks Harold needs to get laid.
- The Stoner: Even more so than Harold, he enthusiastically loves marijuana.
- Ungrateful Bastard: To both Harold and his father as he takes advantage of both of them.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Turns out that Kumar used to be as clean cut and straight-laced as Harold back when he was in college. That is, until he met Vanessa Fanning, who introduced to weed and turned him into the slacker he is today.
- Bullying a Dragon: He branded a prostitute at a brothel he was already banned from, and so Sally, the proprietor of the brothel, shoots him in the back then head with a double-barrel shotgun.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He steals Harold's car and takes it for a joyride with nude strippers. Then at White Castle when Harold and Kumar arrive but without the money to buy food, Neil redeems himself by providing $250 to Harold ($50 for the food, $200 for damages he made to the car).
Harold and Kumar's two Jewish friends who are always together.
- All Men Are Perverts: They're even bigger perverts than Harold and Kumar.
- Hero of Another Story: They had their own offscreen adventures, "Rosenberg and Goldstein go to Hot Dog Heaven", while Harold and Kumar were going to White Castle.
- Plot-Mandated Friendship Failure: In the third movie, their friendship went downhill because Goldstein converted to Christianity and undid a lot of what Judaism did for him, making Rosenberg protest that he's still a Jew by heritage.
- Those Two Guys: Are always seen together.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Hot dogs from Hot Dog Heaven. (Most likely were Kosher since they were both Jewish in 2004).