Character sheet for the Todou continuity of Fujisaki's works: Happy Yarou Wedding, Utsukushiki Kemonotachi, ...Virgin Love, Toriko Ni Natta Kemono, ...Junai no Seinen, Kemono Wa Ai De Iyasareru, Playboy Amour, Oboreru Kemono No Koibito, Men's Love, Aikata and Ueta Aikata.
Yuuhi Todou (née Tsuzaki)
Yuuhi is a hot-headed but cold-hearted university student who, after punching Professor Akira Todou for stealing his lunch, somehow ends up as his housekeeper and nanny to his five-year old boy, Shouta. He takes to the job quickly and his cool facade melts away as he comes to love both of them. At the end of Happy Yarou Wedding he officially becomes part of the family.
- House Husband: Yuuhi, who starts off as the housekeeper and nanny, and eventually joins the family properly.
- Papa Wolf: Because his own childhood was so lonely he wants to give Shouta the best childhood he can and is fiercely protective over him.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: He was considered to be really cold-hearted by his girlfriends but was really just afraid of letting people in. The more time he spends with Todou and Shouta, the more the dere side comes through.
Acclaimed archaeologist and wayward son of Todou Group's CEO, Professor Akira Todou enters the scene stealing Yuuhi's lunch, and then demanding he become his housekeeper and nanny for his son Shouta. While he initially tries to be the father-figure that Yuuhi didn't have, more romantic feelings develop making things awkward until it's revealed to be mutual. After they get together Akira gets Yuuhi listed on his family register and they form one small happy "Has Two Daddies" family.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: He's actually highly respected in his field, but Yuuhi has trouble seeing it.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Over Yuuhi.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Or so his father implies.
- Dirty Old Man
- Ladykiller in Love: It's never clear whether this was also the case with his wife, but certainly when he falls for Yuuhi it counts.
- Lazy Husband: Yuuhi outright states that even Kazuki is more useful than him.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome
An adorable five-year old with a cheery disposition, Shouta takes to Yuuhi immediately when he begins lavishing attention on him to compensate for his own lonely childhood. Being a Big Eater, he gets rather tubby from all of the food and his uncle Kazuki ends up dubbing him "Takoyaki Man", which Shouta adopts as a superhero identity.
- Big Eater: Yuuhi gets quite flustered about it when Kazuki points out how chubby Shouta is because of his cooking.
- Cheerful Child: In spite of his Missing Mom and often absent dad, he's cheerful by nature.
- Cuddle Bug: He's always up for more cuddling. Yuuhi takes advantage of this whenever he's really upset.
Brother to Akira and second son and heir of the Todou Group president.
- Armoured Closet Gay: His attitude towards homosexuality stems from some problems with Chiharu.
- The Ditz: He's frequently lampshaded as being totally oblivious by the author.
- First Love: For Chiharu
- Horrible Judge of Character: Kazuki has absolutely no idea that Chiharu is a cold, manipulative Magnificent Bastard.
- To be fair, Chiharu tends to deliberately hide that part of himself when Kazuki's around.
- Hot-Blooded: He keeps edging close to getting himself in serious trouble because his default reponse to someone saying or doing something he doesn't like is to either berate or punch them. Valuable business clients included.
- Jerkass: He has his moments.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome
Private tutor to Kazuki and "secretary" in the Todou Group, Chiharu is the functional second in command to Kazuki's father.
- Bait-and-Switch Tyrant: Chiharu is practically notorious for the amount of pressure he puts on his subordinates, but is held in awe for just how hard he works.
- Breakout Character: His brief appearance in Happy Yarou Wedding was so popular with the fans that the author put him in the spolight for the sequel. He never really left it after that.
- Crazy Jealous Guy
- Yandere: Once, when Daigo and Kazuki become good friends, he almost kills Daigo. He was 2 seconds away from beating his skull in, and would have succeeded if it hadn't been for Kazuki. Another time, he tries to kill Kazuki by choking him to death. Again, he would have succeeded if not stopped, this time by Kaoru who calls him on it with a What the Hell, Hero?
A brutally honest cool beauty, Kaoru comes to work at Todou under Chiharu (his cousin) after returning from abroad in Utsukushiki Kemonotachi. At first he just stirs up trouble between Kazuki and Chiharu, but he tends to be the only voice of reason when it comes to their relationship. However, this rationality disappears when finds himself in a budding relationship with Daigo in ...Virgin Love. His Dark and Troubled Past and habit of avoiding commitment have made him completely inept at dealing with love, but Daigo's unconditional acceptance eases things considerably, and Kaoru's harshness starts to soften.
- Bait-and-Switch Tyrant: He overworks his subordinates when he wants to get things done, but is liked for the fact that he is effective and works equally hard, and often takes responsibility for mistakes that his subordinates make.
- Bishōnen: His two nicknames are rather telling: the "Beautiful Noble" at work, and "Mr. Model" at the bar.
- Broken Bird: Courtesy of his Abusive Mom and his often cynical Brutal Honesty.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Kaoru shuns romantic relationships because he fears becoming like his man-crazy mother. His prediction does come true, but rather than take it out on others like his mother it usually takes the form of Heroic BSODs.
- Defrosting Ice King: He doesn't really like people until Daigo's warmer personality starts dethawing him. Even his subordinates notice he's become nicer, increasing his popularity at work.
- Ethical Slut: Implied to have been around the block and back.
- Even the Guys Want Him: He turns heads everywhere he goes, and when Daigo tries to pick him up he outright invokes this trope.
- The Insomniac: Thanks to being haunted by Bad Dreams of his childhood. He gets better.
- Ladykiller in Love: Well, not ladies, but when he finally comes around he qualifies.
- Pride: Kaoru's biggest flaw, which is his defense mechanism to combat his insecurity and jealousy.
- The Proud Elite: He is known for two things at work: his unfriendly, brutally honest behaviour and for being extremely Bishōnen. He starts to defrost a little by the end of the first story.
- The Snark Knight: Kaoru's default mode is disdain, which includes disdain for himself whenever he fails to live up to his own standards.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: Also Tall, Dark, and Snarky.
An easy-going, big-hearted guy in the midst of a giant Dysfunction Junction, Daigo is a Heroic Bastard who, at 18, was suddenly put on the fast-track of his father's company, Mercury, becoming CEO of the Japanese branch by 27. He first appears in ...Virgin Love as a one-night stand of Kaoru's, until the new alliance between Mercury and Todou makes them business partners. Eventually his good nature wins Kaoru over and they become lovers.
- Ambiguously Brown: Daigo's mother is Japanese and his father is an American of unspecified ethnicity, leaving him fully in the ambiguous territory.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: To a lesser degree than most on this page, but not completely exempt.
- Ethical Slut: While not afraid of love like Kaoru, he was quite happy sleeping around all the time before they met.
- First Love: For Kaoru.
- Heroic Bastard: Daigo's mother was a mistress of his father, and Daigo's never been officially recognized as his son. His dad stayed completely out of his life until he hit university age, when he sent Daigo to school and got him into his company.
- Ladykiller in Love: Daigo after meeting Kaoru.
- Red Baron: "Young Lion of Mercury"
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: A subversion. Everyone who knows about Daigo's father assumes that's why Daigo works so hard. Actually, he just wants to take care of his mom.
President of Evans Corp and playboy extraordinaire, Ian had his introduction in Toriko Ni Natta...Kemono, before showing up in ...Junai no Seinen as Kaoru's ex-sex-friend looking to start something up again. He settles for friendship in the end and finally has his own romance in Playboy Amour when he falls for his secretary.
- Anything That Moves: More than one character has called him on being sex-obsessed.
- Blue Blood: He comes from the nobility.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: He should have several sexual harassment lawsuits coming his way, but instead is the president of a successful pharmaceuticals company.
- The Glomp: To go with the "No Sense of Personal Space".
- Hopeless Suitor/Romantic False Lead: When he shows up to try and get back together with Kaoru, Ian thinks he's Romantic False Lead, while Kaoru is taking advantage of the situation and considers him a Hopeless Suitor.
- Millionaire Playboy
- No Sense of Personal Space: None. None, whatsoever.
Secretary to Ian.
- Beleaguered Assistant: To Ian
- Hyper-Competent Sidekick: Averted. Despite his Beleaguered Assistant status, Ian is stated to be a very competent and successful businessman in his own right. Manabu's main contribution is to keep him in line.
- It's mentioned at one point that they need two people just to cover what he handled when he resigned, so he may still count.
- Subordinate Excuse
- Stoic Spectacles: His glasses help show off his aloof and overly serious personality.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome
A private intelligence gatherer who worked for Todou before going freelance, Jin gets his spotlight in the prequel Aikata, when he takes in the freeloader Jun out of regret over the death of Jun's sister. Serious and independent, eventually he gets used to Jun's antics and begins a relationship with him after Jun graduates. He also replaces Chiharu as Kazuki's tutor on Todou's request.
- Only Sane Man
- Stoic Spectacles: Gets them once he's a bit older.
- The Stoic: His main trait, really.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome
After the death of his sister, Yumi, Jun goes to live with his aunt and her creepy husband-to-be, Sawamura. He runs away and does his best to get taken in by Jin, whom his sister loved, in order to access his files on Sawamura. He eventually starts falling for Jin just like his sister did.
- The Insomniac: Triggered whenever it rains, since his sister died on a rainy day.
- Pretty Freeloader: He basically just shows up one day at Jin's doorstep, moves in, and begs for a job, much to Jin's annoyance. Subverted in that he had a motive all along: he wanted to steal information that Jin had.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Jun is immature, to be sure, but plays up the Dumb Blonde image in attempt to get what he wants.
The CEO of Todou Group, and hands-off parent to Akira and Kazuki.
- The Chessmaster: He's the boss, but since he's never a point-of-view character he comes off as someone who pulls all the strings in the background.
- I Have No Son!: He disowned Akira for being too wild and uncontrollable. Unfortunately that leaves Kazuki, not the brightest crayon in the box, as his heir.
- Porn Stache
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: It's in the genes or something.