A list of characters from the Play-by-Post Dawn Of A New Age roleplay.
- All-Loving Hero: He tries - he makes sure to be there for people, and makes it clear he's there for people if they need a person to talk to.
- Bad Powers, Good People: The Sentry is best known by now for going insane, helping Norman Osborn, and ripping people in half. Terry is a very nice, if naive boy who intends to use these powers better.
- Family-Unfriendly Death: For now, like the above, averted - Terry is likewise uninclined to murder people as gruesomely as The Sentry did.
- The Void however makes no such reservations, murdering a local Jerk Jock in a horrific manner.
- Healing Hands: Possibly to the level of Back from the Dead - Terry was able to heal the damage done to Mr. Shooter's mind when Zia accidentally erased his mind entirely.
- Humanoid Abomination: Going by The Sentry, Terry may well be only as human as he thinks he is, and that's on a good day. On a bad one? There's always The Void.
- Light 'em Up: Terry has likewise inherited Bob's glowing aura based attacks.
- Reality Warper: Averted, for now, Terry is trying to suppress his more reality-damaging powers.
- Superpowered Evil Side: The Void is also back. And its just as chatty and prone to murder as previously.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Luna lives on the streets as her mother died and her stepfather was abusive.
- Friendless Background : She isn't antisocial by anymeans as she does hang out with people. It's just that whenever she has trusted anyone she has been betrayed hard. However she has began to open up to the other teens.
- Goth : Of the gloomy variety mixed with a bit of anger. She likes to dress in black and, luckily for her, when she transforms her clothes are also of that color.
- Henshin Hero: As she has Black Adam's powers, she needs to say "Shazam" to transform before she accesses her abilities.
- Rebellious Spirit: She hates being controlled by anyone, no doubt in part due to her father. This of course means she is usually in detention with fellow rebel Blake.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Her father shot himself in the head when she was eight and has had suicidal thoughts since then. Then last year her mum went through chemotherapy, leaving her daughter and only relative in the country, to care for her. Fun times.
- Mind over Manners: She's fairly adamant on using her powers ethically. She freaks out when she might have damaged the principal's mind.
- Psychic Powers: She has Professor X's full set of psychic abilities. Although she is not the only telepath among the New Agers, she is by far the most powerful.
- Punny Name: Ms. Brayne has mental powers> Her first name also means bright light, that is, she's bright.
- Played by Tenebrous GazePower Origin: Kid Loki
- Broken Bird: A darker version. Originally, he was troubled and angry to the point that other students saw fit to beat him and attack him with acid. After, he retains negative behaviors and has cynicism to the extent of dissociation issues and a total lack of self-preservation. His powers seem to be causing yet another change however.
- Eye Scream: His right eye was partially destroyed by acid when he got attacked by other students. He normally covers it up with a black lens.
- Distracted by the Sexy: He's pretty obvious when he finds somebody attractive. He seems very pleased at Johnathan's transformation.
- Magic Knight: His main power is magic but Loki's giant/god mix gives him enhanced physical abilities too.
- Parental Neglect: His parents don't really care about him, which didn't help his troubled childhood.
- Power Incontinence: He can't control his telepathy, using it when he means to talk on several occasions. The rest of his powers are easily managed once he's used them once.
- Psychic Powers: He's currently limited to communicative telepathy. Telepathy is among the powers he has yet to develop.
- Rebellious Spirit: Blake is rebellious to a fault but it's difficult to pin down what it is that he dislikes.
- Sadly Mythtaken: As he takes his powers off Marvel's Kid Loki what he can do is almost entirely separate from the original Loki of myth.
- Straight Gay: The only indication of his sexuality is the occasional remark about another guy.
- Teleporters and Transporters: He needs some prep time and to speak a magic word but he can teleport a fairly large group a reasonable distance.
- Tragic Keepsake: Blake's ammolite ring seems to remind him of someone.
- Invisibility: Ciro is able to turn invisible, though he's struggles to maintain it should his body actually realize its invisible.
- Mind over Matter: Ciro can essentially perform telekinesis by moving objects with invisible force fields.
- Played by zsaxPower Origin: Quicksilver
- Played by Truth Hurts 22Power Origin: Black Canary
- Blessed with Suck: Averted, as bizarrely Benedict doesn't inherit Deadpool's trait of being living cancer whilst every other New Ager inherits their source's physiology and it being stated that even negative traits would be inherited. Presumably whatever empowered the New Agers has some form of standards.
- Healing Factor: He's able to heal fast enough that exploding his brain shouldn't kill him.
- Played by KR_VandalPower Origin: Blazing Skull
- Boxing Lessons for Superman: Upon confirming the nature of his powers, Cornelius researches how to make devices with his free time before school.
- Dark Messiah: Cornelius' ultimate goal is to bring about a better world, forcibly or not. He'll do whatever he'll have to do to reach that, though nonetheless legitimately doesn't want to cause serious problem if avoidable.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Downplayed, as while Cornelius' life was pretty normal if key events had been different (his parents didn't divorce, he didn't go into foster care, didn't lose all his friends with each move, and wasn't betrayed by the one he made when he moved in with his mom) he would of been a happier person.
- Extra-ore-dinary: Cornelius is capable of controlling metal alongside glass and plastic, though focuses on metal in order to mislead others into believing his Power Origin is Magneto.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: If the fire had never happened, Cornelius would of been an uneventful nobody and was a perfectly ordinary student prior. Now that he considers himself to have won the lottery, Cornelius will work on opposing his beliefs on the world.
- Hunter of His Own Kind: If the future segments are anything to go by, Cornelius ultimately becomes the leader of the Centre of Superhuman Studies. Though even in the present day, Cornelius has worries that his fellow superhumans will go evil.
- I Just Want to Be Special: Believing he could never truly make the world better as a mundane human, Cornelius desperately wanted to be special. To say the least, he was thrilled upon recognizing the green fire and surrounding events as a likely empowering event.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Though he can come off as an amoral self-focused individual, he honestly cares about humanity, made a little statue to honor Jerry's death, and sincerely wants to help Ruth.
- Meaningful Name: His full name, Cornelius Gabriel Hawking, can be translated as two different things: Horned Intellectual Messenger, reflecting his extremist goal of reforming society, or Sounding Intellectual Messenger reflecting his intention to simply enlighten humanity instead of taking it over.
- Pragmatic Hero: Though Cornelius is legitimately wanting to make things better, he isn't afraid to go to extremes and even accepted Void's "deal" to try sparing innocent lives whilst also telling it to kill evil people.
- Powered Armor: Has plans for one called Shockbox, most likely an electrical-version of the Box Armor.
- The Nicknamer: He has nicknames for several of the empowered students, such as Killer Croc-a for Scales, Lord Sentry for Terry and Telepath Boy for Blake. He also mockingly calls The Void "Shinigami-san" due to it mocking him by referencing Death Note when offering to take his suggestions on who to kill.
- Thou Shalt Not Kill: Downplayed, as while he rather leave people alive so they can redeem themselves he's willing to accept murder if it is the best choice.
- White Hair, Black Heart: Downplayed. While he is well intended, his morality, behavior and willingness to do anything to achieve his goal makes him come off as evil.
- Played by svenorzokarkoffPower Origin: Venom
- Adaptation Personality Change: The original Symbiote was a spiteful psychopath with a taste for human flesh. Alex's Symbiote is quite beneign, often acts like a curious child, and like chocolate.
- Hero with Bad Publicity: Alex Stone has the reputation of being a violent and highly brutal fighter in his school which caused many students to avoid him. While Alex is a fairly level-headed and amicable in person, it is hinted that the rumours do have a few grains of truth to them.
- Shapeshifter Weapon: So far it has shown the ability to form tendrils for offence. Alex also uses his Symbiote defensively, having formed body armour and a helmet for protection and disguise.
- The Symbiote: Of the Mutualistic variation, Alex allowed the Symbiote to bond with him for its survival, and the Symbiote granted him superhuman abiliites. Both host and guest have also shown to be on friendly terms with the other.
- Power Origin: Doomsday
Originally played by Stratofarius.
- Power Origin: The Purple Man
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Went from an ordinary student to being a sadistic manipulator in the future.
- Mind Control: Her power allows her to control the minds of those affected by special pheromones secreted from her body.
- Power Origin: Killer Croc
- Power Origin: Iceman
- Power Origin: Ultron
- Power Origin: Superman
- Power Origin: Scarlet Witch
- Power Origin: Reed Richards
One of the empowered kids, has only been seen in flashforwards so far.
- Power Origin: Amazo
One of the empowered kids, has only been seen in flashforwards so far.