The main characters of Chrono Clock. SPOILERS AHEAD.
The protagonist and the oldest son of the Sawatari family who is next in line to inherit their company. He can turn back time with the pocket watch he received from his late grandfather.
- Beauty Mark: It's very hard to notice, but Rei has a visible mole underneath his right eye. It's more easily identifiable in the Super-Deformed CG images.
- Berserk Button: Do not mention it must be great to be a Sawatari child to him or call him a "virgin".
- The Gadfly: Likes to tease a lot of people, especially Misaki.
- In-Series Nickname: His friend Shuuji calls him "Sanzui".
- Precision F-Strike: The translation gives Rei a tendency to swear when it counts, such as when things don't go his way or he screws up on something.
- Spoiled Brat: Shamefully admits that he was one before receiving the pocket watch, usually just sitting back and letting his family pamper and make decisions for him since he's the future heir to their company. His near brush with death changed his mindset completely.
- Time Master: As an extension of Chronos' powers, Rei can turn back time five minutes into the past by smashing the pocket watch. However, the watch has a one hour cooldown time every time he does so, so his time travel uses are very limited.
Also known as "Cro" for short. She is the self-proclaimed goddess of time and the spirit of the pocket watch who can only be seen by Rei specifically.
- Deadpan Snarker: Cro has a rather sharp mouth herself that her remarks can drive even Rei crazy at times.
- Insistent Terminology: Does not like being called a ghost, even though she calls herself a spirit and is ok with it.
- Invisible to Normals: Only Rei and D.D. is able to see her or even hear her. To other people, she is invisible like a ghost.
- Kimono Fanservice: With heavy emphasis on it since Cro's kimono is loosely worn and exposing her chest and legs.
- Living MacGuffin: Lived inside the pocket watch before Rei received it.
- Physical God: Claims herself to be the goddess of time.
- She's Got Legs: Her kimono reveals much of her long, pretty legs.
- Time Master: Given her name and that she's the guardian of Rei's pocket watch, it should come to no surprise that her specialty is observing and controlling time. She's also the only one not affected by Rei's time travels.
A shy and clumsy girl who grew up from a poor family. She tends to have difficulty socializing with others.
- A-Cup Angst: The reason behind her preference towards milk.
- Born Unlucky: Miu hasn't lived the luckiest of lives to say the least.
- Idiot Hair: Though she's far from being an idiot, she does have a cute ahoge in between her bangs.
- Plucky Girl: Despite her shyness, she faces her problems head-on.
- Shrinking Violet: Miu has some major social anxiety issues that she struggles with when it comes to talking to people who are not Michiru or Misaki, like trying to confess to Shuuji for the first time. With Rei's help though, she eventually learns to overcome it.
- The Smart Girl: Despite her shortcomings, Miu is a genius, as she's able to analyze her situations and plan ahead effectively. She also has a habit of breaking into intellectual monologues at times.
- Younger than She Looks: Despite being a first year, Miu is actually a few years younger than an average high school student, even younger than her friends Misaki and Michiru. This is because her natural genius talent pushed her ahead of grades.
Rei's younger sister who is blind from an illness at a young age. She deeply admires Rei and seeks to be together with him.
- BrotherSister Incest: As a result of being cared for by Rei when she went blind, Michiru has developed romantic feelings for him, but this is entirely one-sided and Rei admits that it's ridiculousnote .
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She does not like it when she finds Rei hanging out with other girls, but she is more than willing to back down if he gets into a relationship with one.
- Disability as an Excuse for Jerkassery: Subverted and played with. Michiru is perhaps the most polite heroine after D.D. and never really uses her blindness to take advantage of other people. However, that doesn't stop her from teasing her friends from time to time, especially if said friends happen to be romantic rivals aiming for Rei's heart.
- Disabled Love Interest: Even though she's Rei's sister, Michiru is still a possible candidate for him and one whom Rei has known the longest out of all the others, even taking care of her in the years after she was struck blind.
- Hidden Depths: Michiru is very talented at playing a violin even though she lost her sight. However, she hasn't really played it in years due to lack of motivation. This is further emphasized in Misaki's route, where upon playing the violin for the first time in a long time, becomes confident in her skills and even participates in the same contest Misaki is participating in by challenging her to see who is the best.
- Ill Girl: In the past, Michiru had a fever that rendered her blind. Despite this, she is very observational, using her other senses like hearing and touch to explore the world around her.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: A very refined and proper lady to the point that it's her defining trait. Unfortunately her "brother complex" tends to get in the way of that image, especially to Rei.
Rei's classmate who appears to be a normal girl, but she's actually the daughter of a Yakuza family. She tends to try her hardest to hide that side of her from her friends.
- Boobs of Steel: Has the largest breasts out of all the heroines and is very physically strong.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: She's apparently strong enough to bend steel with her bare hands.
- Cuteness Proximity: To anything cute, especially rabbits.
- Gag Boobs: Rei describes them as being "like rockets".
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: Loses it upon seeing a giant stuffed rabbit.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Underneath her very kind nature lies an angry beast enough to send shivers down someone's spine, as Rei found out the hard way when he discovered her family background.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Ultimately, she just wants to be a normal high school student and to live a normal life as much as possible.
- Mafia Princess: She's the daughter of a Yakuza family and even has some influences from her father. Despite this, she wants to keep her Yakuza ties a secret from everyone, especially her schoolmates and friends.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: After obtaining the prototype magical pocket watch, she becomes much, much bolder and has no problem changing clothes in front of Rei.
- Statuesque Stunner: While not as tall as D.D., Makoto is still very tall by Japanese standards.
- Tomboy: Even though she tries to act like a Girly Girl in public to hide her identity.
- Vigilante Woman: Beat up bad guys at night, complete with wearing a mask to conceal her identity.
Rei's kouhai who is the daughter of the wealthy Andou family. Due to their statuses, she sees Rei as her rival.
- Butt-Monkey: Poor Misaki is usually the victim to Rei's jokes and constant teasing. Even Michiru teases her sometimes when it's convenient for her.
- Determinator: She practices her violin performance every day in hopes of becoming better at it. And even if she hit some barriers that put her down, she doesn't let that stop her for too long.
- Friend to All Living Things: Parodied. Animals love her, but she tends to attract them in droves and they end up overwhelming her.
- Gratuitous German: In the translation, she uses the word "verboten" (meaning "forbidden") frequently in her speech.
- Ojou: A daughter of a rival family to Rei's, she's naturally really refined despite her shortcomings.
- The Rival: Because she's an Andou, Misaki strives to become better than the Sawatari family, and sees Rei as her biggest rival. And in her route, upon seeing Michiru's performance with a violin, Misaki accepts Michiru's challenge at the contest in hopes of not losing out to her.
- Signature Hair Decs: In the shape of a Treble Clef, which indicates that she's into music and even plays a violin, in addition to her two ribbons.
- Tsundere: Type A. Misaki secretly has feelings for Rei but is in total denial about it.
A British foreign exchange student who came to live with the Sawatari family. She loves Japanese culture and tends to mix English words in her speech.
- A-Cup Angst: Despite being a Westerner, D.D. actually has smaller bust size than the local heroines Makoto, Misaki and Michiru, and she tends to feel uncomfortable whenever the topic is brought up.
- But Not Too Foreign: Even though she's British, D.D. is a quarter-Japanese herself because of her grandfather, who was Japanese.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Being a fan of anime and video games, D.D.'s perception of Japan isn't accurate and she seems to be locked in her own fantasy world, despite Rei trying hard to make her see the reality.
- Gamer Chick: She loves video games and is even a very competent gamer herself.
- Genki Girl: Constantly acts cheerful and optimistic.
- Meido: Works as a maid at Rei's family residence.
- In-Series Nickname: Everyone refers to her as D.D.
- Occidental Otaku: D.D. is pretty much the stereotypical foreign otaku who is in love with Japan and even says that it's the "best" because of anime, video games, and food.
- Poirot Speak: Her speech is peppered with English words here and there, although on at least one occasion she uses a German word for some reason.
- Statuesque Stunner: Standing at 161 cm, she's the tallest female heroine in the visual novel. Justified because she's British.
- Your Days Are Numbered: She has been frail since birth and by the time the story starts, she only has a couple of years left to live. However, forging a fulfilling relationship with Rei can change that.
Rei's childhood friend whom he has a love-hate relationship with. While they clash at times, they're not afraid to help each other out when need be.
- All Love Is Unrequited: He has a crush on Rei's sister Michiru even knowing full well that in the end, his feelings for her won't matter because she does not have the same feelings for him.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Piss him off, and he's not afraid to drop those on someone even if they are bluffs. However, his original lines in Japanese have virtually nothing of the sort.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Being friends with Rei since childhood, both are really good partners who look out for each other despite their somewhat broken chemistry.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: His friendship with Rei is described with them both talking shit to each other.