An ambitious project from leik777 which seeks to incorporate Young Justice
into the DCAU. So far, five episodes are out.http://www.thefedoraplayers.com/dc-abridged-universe/
Tropes used in this abridged series include:
- The Alcoholic: Oliver Queen/ Green Arrow
- Alternate Character Interpretation: In-Universe, Green Arrow is an alcoholic, Batman is batshit insane, The Flash is "special", Martian Manhunter is having a bitch of a time getting a green card, Red Tornado is a janitor, etc...
- Alternate Universe: Robin is Tim Drake
- Axe Crazy: Batman
- Bad Ass
- Black Comedy Rape: Klarion's description of what he was going to do to Kid Flash in the Call Forward. Red Hood threatens Ra's Al Ghul with this as well.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall:
- Butt Monkey: Flaming C. Black Mask makes fun at him because of this in a parody interview.
- Call Forward
- Canon Welding: Somewhat. The show integrates themes and scenes from the DC Animated movies into Young Justice. Impressively, this is the first animated show to actually depict the first three Robins active at the same time.
- Depraved Bisexual / Depraved Homosexual: Klarion, if the call forward is any indication.
- Eagleland: Superman's a mix of 1 and 2.
- Everyone Calls Him Barkeep: Aqualad calls Dubbilex as the "Demonic Fu Man Chu."
- Even Evil Has Standards: Black Mask after hearing Flaming C's crush towards Artemis. It sickens him that he wants to punch him real good.
- The rest of the Light is disgusted with Darkseid's adoration of Justin Beiber.
- For Science!
- Gender-Blender Name: Superboy defends the use of the "civilian name" Sasha when he attends Happy Harbor High with Megan. Well, since he believes that he has Russian heritage...
- Godwin's Law: When Superboy mentioned that the only movie he had seen was Star Wars Episode I Robin said that it was "a regular Auschwitz in here."
- Gone Horribly Right: Here, Ra's Al Ghul resurrects Jason Todd as part of a strategy by the Light to kill Batman. Jason being Jason, it's clear he's targeting Ra's as well.
- Green-Skinned Space Babe: M'gann
- Have I Mentioned I Am Heterosexual Today?: Kid Flash
(Aqualad, Robin, and Kidflash are currently strapped down to vertical tables in pods)
This is just like the last wet dream I had! Only you guys would be naked. (Beat
) And chicks.
- Head-Tiltingly Kinky: The Catwoman abridged short mentions something involving a chocolate fountain and a whip. Of course, since Batman apparently has the Question's knowledge of phone sex, Catwoman punishes him by making him do it alone. Alfred says "Whatever you say, sir. It's your coccyx."
- Hypocrite: In the first episode, Speedy criticizes the League for offering him drugs, but in episode 4 we find out he's a heroin addict.
- Hypocritical Humor
- If Its You Its Ok: Robin doesn't usually go for 2D girls, but he'll make an exception for M'gann.
- Lzherusskie: Superboy
- Only Sane Man: Roy
- Papa Wolf: Batman may be crazy and show his approval by making someone's job harder than it has to be, but he also seems to care the most about the kids, even punching Superman in the Face for ignoring Superboy.
- Robosexual: Robin. For added weirdness, all the computers in this universe are sentient making all instances of "hacking" synonymous with "having a quickie."
Kid Flash: Okay, I've heard of technophobe, but techno-PHILE? This is news to me.
- Rule of Funny: The only possable reason for Superboy to have a Russian accent.
- Something Else Also Rises
- Suspiciously Specific Denial
- Take That: See Godwin's Law
- Squick: Dr. Fate's reaction to what Klarion wanted to do to Kid Flash.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Batman and Superman seem to have a Type I relationship
- Why Don't You Just Shoot Him?: Roy points out that killing Icicle Jr. right then and there would save them some trouble later on. Ollie is too drunk/hungover to care about that.