"Yeah, but I'm a girl. I'm supposed to swoon over gods of rock!"A squee is the sound made by excited fangirls (or fanboys). The exact nature of what makes someone squee depends on the type of fan. Shippers squee when something happens with their favourite pairing. Comic fans when they get a new comic or model. Video Game fans squee at the announcement of a game in their favourite series. It can even be caused by meeting a favourite actor, actress, or other celebrity. It is an excited expression of desire for the object that caused the squee, though not necessarily sexual desire. Can be triggered by Cuteness Proximity or And the Fandom Rejoiced. In writing, it is often followed immediately by the emote *dies*, to imply that the user in question has suddenly fainted from euphoric overload. In Japanese, "Squee!" often translates to "Kyaa!". Most likely a mutation of or derivation from "squeal". Possibly a Portmanteau of "squeal" and "glee". Any resemblance to Squick is (mostly) purely coincidental, but it is worth mentioning here that one person's Squee can be another person's Squick. For the comic book, see Squee. Or, if it's the other guy named Squee, see Magic: The Gathering. For the rodent, see Myst III: Exile. And if you want the game company, add a "nix" to make Squeenix. Compare The Knights Who Say Squee. A common result of a Shirtless Scene, Girl-on-Girl Is Hot or even Guy-on-Guy Is Hot. Note: This page is for In-Universe examples only. Real Life squeeing goes to Gushing About Shows You Like only.
— Trucy Wright, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- This is the standard, frequently-used reaction to the female customers whenever the main characters entertain them in Ouran High School Host Club. In episode 23, the eponymous club's female patrons unleash mass quantities of Squee when they see the innocent Haruhi acting friendly with the Jerk with a Heart of Gold Casanoda. Of course, since the girls don't know the truth about Haruhi, they assume the whole thing is ripe with Ho Yay.
- Kaorin from Azumanga Daioh, regarding Miss Sakaki.
- Sakaki, regarding cats. When she's first approached by Yamamaya, she squees so hard she starts to lag.
- In the fourth episode of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's, Nanoha's classmates give a slightly subdued squee when Fate is introduced. Perhaps Fate is just a Squee-Magnet...
- In the English translation of the Strawberry Panic! manga, Shizuma's fangirls react to her by going literal "Squee".
- In Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Judai summons his Winged Kuriboh in a public match and the female half of the audience immediately starts fawning over the cute lil' fuzzball.
- The female audience does this again when Judai pours a bag of fleas down a guy's pants, forcing him to discard them.
- Another non-erotic example: Binbou Shimai Monogatari appears to be constructed around the squee-laden interaction between the two sisters Kyou and Asu.
- In Kamichu!, Yurie's schoolmates watch and squee their heads off when she finally tells her love interest how she feels for him. To be fair, the whole school has worked darned hard to help her make this happen, since Yurie is one hell of a shy god.
- Rena from Higurashi: When They Cry does this whenever she sees something she perceives as "cute". Hauu~
- In a later arc...
Miyo: "Ni... NIPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!"
- In a later arc...
- Used, and not in a good way in School Mermaid by the eponymous mermaids. Not out of joy. It's all they can say. The effect is absolutely disturbing, considering their faces always have the same blank, eerie smile on them. Only when the 'O' mermaid gets stabbed in the arm, and, a few moments later, beaten to death with a crowbar, does her expression change.
- Fullmetal Alchemist's Winry in response to the automail center of the universe.
- K-On! leader Ritsu does a high-pitched squee twice in the first episode, when the other two main characters join her club.
- The other students in the main characters' class squee over Mio being voted into the role of Romeo (by a huge margin, naturally).
- Mahou Sensei Negima!: The entire class does this when introduced to their 10-year-old teacher.
- Haruhi-chan. When Haruhi sees Santa (well, actually Taniguchi dressed as Santa), her squee results in a Distant Reaction Shot showing entire galaxies.
- In Infinite Stratos anime, this trope described the formerly-all-girls-school students' reaction when they saw Ichika Orimura (their first male student) holding the hand of Charles Dunois (they were hurrying to the gym changing room) perfectly.
- Usopp and Chopper from One Piece do this when they see Franky's features after the timeskip.
- Inami from Working has a moment when she finds out that Souta doesn't use his self defense on her because it hurts (She thinks he doesn't want to hurt her)
- In Mayo Chiki!, Usami does this very briefly after eating an octopus ball at the school festival in episode 6.
- The schoolgirls often do this as well anytime Subaru is around.
- In Bodacious Space Pirates the members of the Space Yacht Club all Squee in unison when Lynn and Jenny have their Big Damn Kiss on board the Bentenmaru.
- In Gate 7, Chikahito, being a Kyoto fan and history nerd, squee over Kyoto's ancient buildings, food, temples...and reincarnated people of the Sengoku era.
- Tamayura has Riho squee when she meets Fuu for the first time.
- In the fifth episode of Rosario + Vampire Moka does this several times when she and Tsukune look for clubs to join.
- Todd "Squee" Casil of Johnny the Homicidal Maniac made the sound in question whenever he was terrified. Which was often.
- Johnny himself squees while in Heaven upon finding out he now has the power to make people's heads explode.
- In Dark Reign: Young Avengers, the eccentric superhero artist Coat of Arms squees when she realizes that she's in the same room with Norman Osborn.
- Ironfist from Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers is an Ascended Fanboy and Audience Surrogate, as well as being very sympathetic and very cutely drawn. This led to a fan-made image◊ of Ironfist shouting "SQUEE!" in fanboyish glee, which co-author and artist Nick Roche referenced in this image◊ on his blog.
- Deadpool unleashes a giant "FANBOY SQUEEEEEE!" upon realizing that he's getting the crap beaten out of him by The Mighty Thor.
- Swamp Thing actually describes this as what the plants do when he comes on the scene in the New 52 series. Specifically, he likens the reaction of plants at a botanical garden in Metroplis as being like a crowd of thirteen-year-old girls to the arrival of a rock star. Invoked by name when he solves their "rat problem" shall we say:
- Swamp Thing: The plants loved that. Like I just played their favorite song. Squee. Thirteen-year-old girls.
- A Crown Of Stars: In chapter 27 Hikari does this after guessing that Shinji and Asuka are together after a fashion. Overwhelmed Asuka thinks this is the first time she had heard someone 'squee'
She let out a string of ecstatic noises. It was the first time in her life Asuka had actually heard someone ‘squee’.
- In the Jackie Chan Adventures fic Queen Of All Oni, when Jade first sees the first Teachings of Eternal Shadow tablet, she purrs.
- Happens again when she finds the second one.
- In the Official Fanfiction University of MREDURE, it is established that in any continuum where "squee" is a noun, squeeing produces human-sized versions of whatever or whoever a squee is that glomp the squee-er and vanish.
- This sounds a lot like how Drow Tales said chibis are formed...
- In this fanfic, which parodies Sues and Fangirls, Fangirls not only Squee on a regular basis, but the herds they travel in are also called Squees.
- DC Nation universe example: Green Shield AND Speedy both do this after Mia dishes that Connor finally worked up the nerve to kiss Mia with no major angst or world-destroying crap over their heads. Made funnier by how much of a Snark Knight Shield usually is.
- Nobody Dies: Rei is prone to these. Maya does it somewhat often, usually involving Ritsuko. And after the main cast briefly visit the Canon!Eva verse, Canon!Rei picks this up (albeit subdued) from her counterpart.
- In Kyon Big Damn Hero Mikuru does this after seeing a picture of Kyon in an apron.
- In Loathing, Yaoi Fangirl Alyssa is very happy upon walking in on Kurt and Dave kissing.
Alyssa: Ohmigod, ohmigod, I'm so sorry I just walked in like that, but I wanted to surprise Kurt with an early Christmas present, and and Oh my God, I just can't I mean, Kurt sometimes talks about a boyfriend, but he never mentions who or where the guy attends and, and! Oh. My. God! Eeek, I'm so happy! Seriously, you don't know how happy you two just made me. Kurt, don't even get me anything for Christmas, okay? Like, seriously. The mental image of you two kissing has been forever photographed into my memory, and it's like crack to me.
- Alex frigging Mercer lets off one of these in Unfamiliar. Admittedly, it's at the sight of a large, well-stocked armory, but still. Throughout the entire fic, he continues to pronounce his love of explosives in an uncharacteristically giddy manner.
“Missiles!” Mercer squealed. “And launchers! And guns and grenade launchers! Jackpot!”
- In the Soul Eater fic Noir Ange Liz and Patty exchange "Squees and Kawaiis" over what Kid writes in his Diary about Crona.
- In CSI Death By Chocolate, Greg Sanders is a huge fan of Wonka candy, to the point that this is his reaction to actually meeting Willy Wonka.
- Turnabout Storm: While maintaining her composure on the outside, Twilight goes full squee in her Inner Monologue after she discovers from Phoenix that those locks and chains she's been seeing lately over some ponies (Psyche-Locks) basically mean that she's become a Living Lie Detector.
- A Hard Day's Night has examples of Squee in the film itself, most likely inspired by Real Life. Hilarity Ensues.
- Zombieland: Tallahassee's reaction to BILL-FUCKIN-MURRAY!
- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: Knives Chau's reaction toward Scott and his band screams this.
- O Brother, Where Art Thou?: The Soggy Bottom Boys' impromptu appearance at the Stokes campaign dinner leads to a roomfull of squee.
- Cher Horowitz squee'd at least once in Clueless.
- The Avengers features both a regular and a meta example. The normally reserved Agent Coulson struggles (and fails) to avoid gushing like a fanboy about meeting Captain America, eventually bringing up the subject of his trading cards. Meta-wise, Clark Gregg (the actor who plays Coulson) admitted in an interview that the SHIELD helicarrier made him squee, even mentioning it by name and explaining that he'd never really understood the meaning of "squee!" until that moment.
- Charlotte from The Princess and the Frog squees over a newspaper report that Prince Naveen is coming to town, complete with clutching the newspaper to her chest and leg-flailing.
- Mad Max: Fury Road: Nux gets a massive fangasm when Immortan Joe glances at him. Later, he bursts into tears when Joe personally gives him a mission.
- Inside Out: Joy does a squee when Sadness tells her that she knows the way through the cavernous halls of Long Term Memory.
- Time Scout:
- When Kit and Malcolm take Margo shopping in preparation for her trip to London. She goes catnip crazy for the fancy clothes.
- While investigating Jack the Ripper's occult connections, the Ripper Watch Team runs into Malcolm's favorite poet, William Butler Yeats. He can barely restrain from soiling himself.
- Black Tide Rising: Faith tends to do this when presented with new ways of killing zombies, so much so that in Strands of Sorrow she's specifically ordered to not squee before being told of the tanks and other armed military vehicles at the Blount Island facility. She does it anyway, before catching herself.
Live Action TV
- Doctor Who:
- In "The Romans", Vicki emits a high-pitched sound of delight when told she can come to Rome, and does it again when she meets Nero for the first time. At the end of the story, the Doctor gets in on the act: Vicki points out to him he had changed history, having been accidentally responsible for Nero's burning of Rome. When the Doctor realises this is the truth, he gibbers and squeals in delight.
- Often the reaction of the Doctor, his companion, or both to meeting a particularly awesome historical figure. William Shakespeare, Agatha Christie and Charles Dickens all produce particularly nerdy reactions in the Doctor.
- Furthermore, in Series 3, episode 2, with Tennant:
The Doctor: Come on, we can all have a good flirt later.Shakespeare: Is that a promise, Doctor?The Doctor: Oh, 57 academics just punched the air.
- Ten(nant) did this simultaneously in and out of character, over the 5th Doctor in the mini-episode Time-Crash.
"You know... I loved being you. Back when I started at the beginning I was always trying to be old and important, like you do when you're young. And then I was you."
- In "Planet Of The Dead", Dr. Malcolm Taylor of UNIT has a complete squeeing Fan Boy crush on the Doctor, having read about him for years. The Doctor decides to just roll with it if it saves the day quicker.
- In series 6, the Eleventh Doctor is reduced to giddy incoherent squee noises when he finally finds out who River Song really is.
- At Comic-Con 2009, John Barrowman let out a positively ear-splitting one after David Tennant kissed him. Said squee was so loud it managed to be heard over the squees of most of the DW fanbase.
- Seb, an AI working with Missy, has this reaction when the Doctor pulls out a TARDIS key while falling out of a plane and manages to summon the TARDIS in time to save himself. Missy gets annoyed and vaporizes him.
Seb: Permission to squeeee- *zap*
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Dawn squeed upon discovering that Willow and Tara were back together. She then retreated downstairs, leaving them alone.
- Willow gave an unintelligible high-pitched squeal when Buffy's mother's paramour gave her computer upgrades for free, which Xander described as the sound she makes when she has a surge of geeker-joy.
- Tough girl Faith gets as close to this as she'll ever get when the Mayor gives her a PS1. That more than anything else seems to be the deal maker for her working for him.
- In the comic series, Willow asks Satsu if the sound Buffy makes during The Immodest Orgasm is the same as when she gets new shoes.
- A great example from the Christmas-cookie episode of Good Eats:
Santa Claus: Two hours? In two hours I'll be three time zones from here! I don't have that kind of time! [touches nose, the lights flash]Alton Brown: What was that?SC: Localized temporal displacement...magic. It's now two hours later in your kitchen! Dough's ready!AB: Is not. [pulls the dough out and checks it] It is! Santa really is magic! * squee*
- In Dollhouse, Bennett Halverson has a quiet moment like this when she learns she's about to meet Topher Brink, who she has a huge geek-crush on. Topher has this afterward regarding Bennett, when he calls up himself in Victor's body.
- Parker does this by name to The Mark as part of her Honey Trap in an episode of Leverage.
- Detective Kate Beckett becomes a fangirl when she meets Joe freaking Torre. She manages to keep the Squee out of her voice until Torre is away.
- In Season 4 Episode 2, a killer chops the "victim", who was in the early stages of raping a girl in an alley, in half vertically. The first shot Castle and Beckett see of the suspect from a security camera shows that he's wearing a superhero costume. Castle squees with delight all episode about chasing down a superhero.
- In Mad Men, Sally Draper's reaction to Don's birthday gift to her (tickets to a Beatles concert) is a classic tween-girl squee.
- In Scrubs, Turk, of all people, squees quite loudly when JD's current girlfriend happens to be the granddaughter to Billy Dee Williams (aka, Lando from Star Wars).
- House of Anubis: This has basically become Willow's catchphrase.
- In 'The Answer' storyline from Persona 3: FES there's a flashback to Akihiko-senpai in junior high after winning a boxing match. When he brushes off a recruiter from another school, his fangirls do this—"Squee!" is written in their dialogue.
- Merrill squees at Donnic and Aveline when they get together in Dragon Age II.
- In Hyrule Castle Town, Link in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess has a trio of fangirls who hang outside Purlo's tent. If he wins the STARS minigame, they squee whenever he talks to them.
- In Super Mario Galaxy and its sequel, when you feed a Hungry Luma to fullness, it lets out the most epic squee.
- In Fallout: New Vegas, Veronica gives a squee if you give her a dress.
- In Summon Night: Swordcraft Story, Sugar squees if you agree to go on a 'date' with her to a special place.
- Portal 2: "Space? Space! SPAAAAAAACE!"
- In The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, you can bring the Elder Scroll required for the main quest to the orc loremaster at the College of Winterhold once said Scroll has expended its usefulness as a Plot Coupon. This is probably the first time in history you'll get to hear an orc squee.
- Saints Row: The Third: The Player Character does this, upon discovering that the Mayor of Steelport is Burt Reynolds, and that he wants him/her to do a mission for him. Viola even demands that you "Stop being such a fanboy." as you leave.
- Kimi of High School Story tends to punctuate her dialogue with "Squee!" when she's happy.
- In Puyo Puyo, Amitie has one when she wants to find out what Maguro's "you-know-whats" are. She shortly ends up getting disappointed.
- In an unlikelier scenario, Schezo will squee at the sight of Dongurigaeru or Onion Pixy, which he finds to be cute in their own ways.
- In Sono Hanabira Ni Kuchizuke Wo this happens whenever a crowd of girls witnesses a yuri act.
- The Nostalgia Critic finds himself cooing over the classic Sesame Street characters in Follow That Bird.
- The Nostalgia Chick doesn't really do this often, preferring to mock it instead with shouts of "PUPPIES!" every now and then, but she was utterly delighted when Santa Christ gave her Othello in Kickassia.
- She also squeed over "Dougie!" Jones in her video review of Hocus Pocus.
- And she had a practical fangirl sugar high when injected with truth serum by Dr. C. Tease in her review of X-Men: The Animated Series.
- JesuOtaku also did this during her and the Critic's co-op review of the Digimon Movie over seeing Seraphimon.
- Also in the Legend Of Korra vlogs, Doug Walker's brother Rob squeed over the re-appearance of Uncle Iroh in the Spirit World in the episode "A New Spiritual Age". Twice, the second time squealing the word "Squee!".
- When The Cinema Snob learned that the film he was watching starred Pierre Kirby (having thought he'd already seen every Kirby movie, as imdb didn't list this one), he emits the noise of a rubber duck being squeaked.
- This backfires on him when he tries to invoke it by name in a later episode:
Snob: [clenching] "...the hell? Where's my Squee sound?" [Tries again and 'breaks wind'; exasperated] "Great. A fart joke."
- This backfires on him when he tries to invoke it by name in a later episode:
- Also of Channel Awesome, Jew Wario of You Can Play This! is a grown man whose squee reaction to things such as cats is almost hilarious to behold.
- A non-erotic example of squee.
- Gaia Online's Rina does this a lot.
- Neurotically Yours actually had FOAMY, the biggest Jerk-Ass on the internet, do this and give his COFFEE BREWER a hug.
- BEHOLD! The Daily Squee. Now say goodbye to your efficiency.
- Spazz and Disneyworld in Project Million.
Spazz: Disneyworld? You mean the Disneyworld. The one that opened in 1971 housing the fourteen parks, home of the Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcott, and Hollywood Studios? Why aren't we there now?!
- In the Siblings episode "Dog Daze of Boredom", Rob does it after Johny tells him "I think that school's warping your mind."
- Chuggaaconroy finds a shiny.
- Wizard and Boomstick of Death Battle get a case of this when it's revealed that the 25th episode would be Superman VS Goku.
- Gaijin Goombah has this reaction in Game Exchange when he learned Tank! Tank! Tank! was going to be released on the Wii U
- Youtuber iHasCupquake evokes this trope passionately and often, especially with cute animals (virtual or not).
- Sursum Ursa's review of The Avengers.
Sursum Ursa: "There may come a day when I can talk calmly about [this movie]..but it is not this day, because EEEEEE!"
- In The Heroic Review during the review of Rainbow Falls, panelist Swedely gives a massive one during his introduction when Derpy is revealed.
- During "Teens React to Doctor Who" several are literally squealing with delight at the 50th anniversary trailer; meanwhile Bryson deadpans "I should be freaking out about this if I was like a fan, right?"
- In episode 17 of Dragon Ball Z Abridged, King Kai is trying to talk Goku out of fighting Freeza, and failing horribly as everything he says just makes Goku want to fight Freeza even more. When King Kai says that Freeza has slaughtered billions of people Goku starts squealing out of joy.
- In one of Thomas Sanders' Vines, he walks up to a lady on a bench and does a knock-knock joke with her as [[Family Guy Stewie]; she lets out an adorable squeal when he starts the voice.
- Two Best Friends Play: Their unrestrained fanboy gushing while playing Freedom Planet.
- A fictional example from Dominic Deegan.
- El Goonish Shive
- Rhoda's response to Diane's deductive powers.
- Sarah's reaction to Elliot being Cheerleadra.
- And then there's this.
- Amanda's response to Raven's agreeing to go out on a date with her and telling her that there would be dancing. This occurred during a Question and Answer segment, so it was outside of continuity.
- Actually used as a sound effect in Sluggy Freelance when Oasis falls in love with Torg.
- In this (and the following) Loserz strip(s).
- This MegaTokyo page.
- Ménage à 3:
- Dillon lets slip a Squee! when he finds out he's going to appear in a movie.
- Tatiana thinks a Squee! while fantasising about Domenico in the "Sandra Interlude" guest strip #1 (April 02, 2013, marginally NSFW).
- In this strip, Gary demonstrates all the symptoms except the specific sound effect — and one can guess that's present in his tone of voice.
- Sandra on the Rocks:
- Tatiana thinks a Squee! in strip #16 (April 02, 2013, marginally NSFW).
- Crossover guest-star Gary displays all the classic symptoms of a Squee! except the actual sound effect in this strip.
- Likewise, Marie shows similar body language here, appears to be on the edge of a squee in the next strip here, and emits an actual squee here. Okay, she's a bit of a fangirl type.
- A page of Sinfest had a demoness doing a squee upon learning the name of the quiet bookworm Criminy. She apparently became his Stalker with a Crush after he was nice to her.
- Monique also squees for Obama.
- An older strip had Slick dress Squigley up as a fangirl of his, to impress women. Bonus points for the squeeing coming from a pig.
- Apparently, Satan likes My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. He even yells a Big "OMG!"! At another time he sets up his security to maximum, orders no visitors, etc. so that he can watch that show.
- This strip from Penny Arcade provides the page picture. Note that they're responding to a trailer of Metroid by Team Ninja. They were not the only ones to react this way.
- Spoken in this Questionable Content strip.
Penelope: What the hell is going on?! There's like fifteen dogs outside trying to get in!
- And again when Dora thinks she might see her OTP actually happen.
- Hanners might work at the Coffee of Doom.
- Again, when Marten and Hanners walk in on Marigold.
- A Twilight fangirl squees at a vampire in this Dante Residential strip.
- Seventy Seas shows that pirate queens are not immune.
- Ctrl+Alt+Del: When Lilah got The Sims 3.
- This happens fairly regularly in the Insecticomics. Humans and Transformers alike are guilty of it. Blinky is especially noted for his tackle/squee moments.
- In this Shortpacked! Ethan does this prompting Leslie to ask why it took Robin so long to figure out he's gay.
- Batman. That is all.
- One can hear a fangirl coming a mile away in And Shine Heaven Now because they do this. And the best way to get fangirls to let go of them is to make them squee so much that they faint from sheer joy. In fact, this happened six times in Shine:
- Year 1: having Alucard aim at Integra, making the fangirls rave about what the hell's going on and what the characters are thinking, all declaring "THIS IS SO COOL!"
- Year 2: Enrico pointing out that "A World Without Logos" can also be translated as "A World Without God", which is also relevant to Hellsing
- Year 4: Giving the fans autographs (and in the case of the Jackal fangirl, a bullet)
- Year 6: An epic battle between Alucard and Nina
- Year 7: The Genre Savvy Major giving a fanboy version of his infamous 'I Love War' Rousing Speech.
- Year 8: Jeeves insulting everyone's clothes. Apparently it was just so Jeeves everyone fangasmed.
- In The Inexplicable Adventures of Bob!, this is Golly's reaction when the villain she's been crushing on takes a liking to her new doomsday device.
- In Girl Genius Snaug has a rather... disturbing version of it here.
- In Housepets! Max and Grape convince a dog named Tarot to use her psychic abilities to essentially put them inside of the world of the Pridelands book series. Their response:
- Max: Princess Illaya.Grape: Lord Parnok.Both:Squeeeeeeeeee!
- All the female cats Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee over Jata
- In Impure Blood, Genki Girl Mac goes Squee over — the Abomination.
- In Nip and Tuck, denying the impact on your life is weakened when a fan girl goes squee over you.
- Cloud makes the readers of Sandra and Woo occasionally go "Aww!" (with lots of w's) when he's sweet to his girlfriend Sandra: "Awwwww...wwwww!!", "AWWWWW...WWWWW", "D’AAA...AAAWWW...WWW".
- From Sequential Art, Kat finds that getting your very first royalty cheque can have this effect.
- In a Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal strip, a recording of it is used as a torture method.
- Euryale of Wapsi Square is a bit of a Monica fangirl, so she naturally emits this sound.
- This Edmund Finney strip uses it as a hysterical double-subversion.
- In Charm, a Touhou webcomic by bkub, Yuyuko has done this at least once, and Yukari at least twice, although they use the Japanese equivalent of Squee, which is "KYAAA".
- Stand Still, Stay Silent: Several characters, though for somewhat strange reasons (underfunded post-apocalyptic exploring draws an... interesting group of people.)
- Nigel Uno from Codename: Kids Next Door when he finds out that Numbah 0 is his own dad.
- Dee Dee from Dexter's Laboratory does this constantly.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender had some in-universe in the Beach Episode. Zuko takes off his shirt and the camera cuts straight to nearby bikini girls enjoying the view.
- When "Squee" has rabies, you get the Foaming-mouth Guy.
- American Dragon: Jake Long: Haley went nuts over Pooka Pooka Fun Fun Farm, annoying her brother more than a little bit.
- Harley Quinn in this clip from Batman: The Animated Series.
- Kristen and Kirsten from 6teen have a tendency to squee, to the annoyance of the anti-conformist Nikki who works at the Khaki Barn with them.
- Nikki: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENOUGH!!!
- Caitlin has had her moments, too.
- The eponymous character in the season three première of Ben 10: Alien Force did this when he saw that the Sumo Slammers were making a live-action movie, making for a spectacular moment.
- Happens in the first episode of Ren and Stimpy as Stimpy writes his poem for a contest.
- It stays crunchy even in milk!
- In the Futurama episode "Where No Fan Has Gone Before", Fry let out a squee when he gets Walter Koenig to use his Russian accent.
- Waffle in Catscratch does this. Often. He is easily excited.
- Bobby does this once in King of the Hill when Hank tells him he is allowed to continue growing roses as a hobby.
- Luanne does this from to time when she's excited or intrigued by something.
- Ned Flanders loves purple drapes.
- Mystique Sonia from Hero 108 fits into this trope nicely. She's just a fangirl of cute things, from bunnies to flowers.
- Katie and Sadie of Total Drama Island are infamous for this, and Sierra's known to do so as well.
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic: Rainbow Dash squees over getting to hang out with the Wonderbolts in "The Best Night Ever" (and again when made team leader at the end of "Wonderbolt Academy").
- Rainbow Dash is particularly prone to this level of excitement. Several times she's heard saying "So... AWESOME!!!" It even has its own emoticon now.
- In "Sweet and Elite", Rarity manages an impressive one while getting ready to attend the Wonderbolt Derby with high-society pony Fancypants.
- The series also features a "squeaky toy" sound effect that is associated with particularly enthusiastic grins. The fandom typically refers to this as a "squee" as well. It's heard many times, but is most often connected to a grin by Fluttershy in "The Stare Master".
- The Cutie Mark Crusaders do this in "Just For Sidekicks" as they journey to the Crystal Empire, especially Sweetie Belle.
- Within My Little Pony: Equestria Girls, human Pinkie Pie intuits, in her own way, Twilight's entire purpose of being there (including knowing she was a pony princess), ending on a huge squee-inducing grin.
- Spike does one in It Ain't Easy Being Breezies, which sounds like a noise a donkey would make.
- Discord of all characters does one, after admitting the specific reason for reforming is for Fluttershy. One that sounds like a baby babble.
- Peter Griffin of Family Guy performed a ridiculously high version of this in the episode Family Gay when, after having his sexuality altered by an experimental drug and returning from a reparative therapy camp, he is told by his temporary boyfriend Scott of an arrangement for his dream scenario: an 11-way.
- Francine from American Dad! is prone to doing this. Just one example is when she becomes a Back-Alley Doctor and has a teddy bear as her assistant.
Dr. Bearington will assist. By being so snuggly!
- His speciality is hugs!
- Candance and Stacy from Phineas and Ferb have been known to do this sometimes.
- Irving, Phineas and Ferb's biggest fan, has this reaction when he hears Phineas use his catchphrase.
- In the Gravity Falls episode "The Time Traveler's Pig" Mabel does this in reaction to an adorable pig supposedly grunting her name.
- Dipper in the "A Tale of Two Stans". When The Author gets to the creation of the Journals, Dipper keeps interrupting his story with his fan-boy squeeing.
- The title character in Spongebob Squarepants has done this a couple of times, like the time Mr. Krabs told him he could work overtime.
- In the Daffy Duck cartoon Book Revue every female character and the wolf has this reaction to Frank Sinatra.
Whistler's Mom: AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! Frankie!
- This is a trait of the villainess Hildy Gloom from The 7D, when she gets excited over her latest evil scheme or something she likes, she even pronounced it as "Squee!" when she tells Queen Delightful that she will replace her wallpaper with a purple plaid color pattern.
- The normally calm and level-headed Penny from Inspector Gadget does this in "A Star is Lost" when she hears the eponymous character has been assigned to be rock star Rick Rocker's bodyguard.
- Beetlejuice In "Poe Pourri," Lydia goes into excited fangirl mode when B.J. introduces her to Edgar Allen Poe.