Influences:Iggy Azalea is an Australian rapper and model. Born Amethyst Amelia Kelly in New South Wales on June 7, 1990, she began rapping at fourteen, relocated to the United States at the age of sixteen, and stayed on tenuous visa records. She burst into public view with her controversial songs "Pu$$y" and "Two Times", but only recently made it big thanks to "Fancy" and her guest spot on Ariana Grande's "Problem". Her first album, The New Classic, was released in April 2014.Has completely no relation with Iggy Koopa from Super Mario Bros. nor he's named after her as she was born two years after his debut. Also, his redesign in New Super Mario Bros. Wii came about a or two years before she finally started in the music industry. Iggy Koopa is actually named after Iggy Pop.
- Tupac Shakur, Missy Elliot
- The New Classic (2014)
- Digital Distortion (2016)
- Glory (2012)
- Change Your Life (2013)
- iTunes Festival: London 2013 (2013)
- Reclassified (2014)
- Ignorant Art (2011)
- Trap Gold (2012)
- American Accents: She fakes a Southern American one when she raps. This is probably because, when she moved to the US, she took up residence in cities like Miami, Atlanta, and Houston, which are some of the major cities of Southern Rap. Thus, she picked up the techniques and accent of local rappers.
- Boastful Rap: "Fancy"
- "Beg For It" is essentially "Fancy"'s successor.
- Breakup Song: "Black Widow", featuring Rita Ora on the hook.
- The Cameo: In Furious 7.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Most of her songs have a slew of F-bombs, as expected from a rapper.
- Coming-of-Age Story: "Work", and really her entire album.
- Eagleland: Views the US as a hard Type 1, believing that America is the only place she could have been successful as rapper and proudly proclaims The American Dream.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Her claim is that she moved to the US to pursue her dream of being a rapper. So naturally she started out as a Britney Spears-esque pop singer. Lets just say, switching to rapping was a very good move on her part.
- Homage: The video for "Fancy" is one to Clueless, starring Iggy herself as Cher Horowitz (and even sporting Cher's famous yellow plaid outfit).
- Ms. Fanservice: Her butt is almost as famous as she is.
- N-Word Privileges: Subverted. She has said that she thinks it's okay because black people use it.
- Pretty Fly For A White Girl: She uses Indian costumes and dances in the video for "Bounce".
- She's actually faced criticism by people who feel she's unfairly copying the style of black artists without showing proper appreciation and respect for their culture. Azealia Banks has been one of her most vocal critics, and the ensuing beef has done a whole lot to hurt Iggy's image due in no small part to her very poor handling of it.
- Stage Names: Her real name is Amethyst Amelia Kelly. She took "Iggy" from the name of her childhood dog and "Azalea" from the street she grew up on.
- Statuesque Stunner: Stands 5'10"/178cm.
- Talky Bookends: In the video for "Black Widow".
- Token White Female Rapper: While other white female rappers exist (White Girl Mob, Brooke Candy, Chanel West Coast, Amanda Blank), they're nowhere near the level of fame Iggy has gotten to, and she's generally the only white female rapper people know.
- Vocal Dissonance: Quite jarring to hear a heavy Australian accent for someone who raps like she does.
- A Wild Rapper Appears: In Ariana Grande's "Problem" and Jennifer Lopez's "Booty".