is an Australian singer and model. Born Amethyst Amelia Kelly in New South Wales, she began rapping at fourteen, relocated to the United States at the age of sixteen, and stayed on tenuous visa records. She burst into public view with her controversial songs "Pu$$y" and "Two Times." Her first album, The New Classic
, was released in April 2014.
- Glory (2012)
- Change Your Life (2013)
- iTunes Festival: London 2013 (2013)
- American Accents: She fakes a Southern Black one when she raps. This is probably because, when she moved to the US, she took up residence in cities like Miami, Atlanta, and Houston, which are some of the major cities of Southern rap. Thus, she picked up the techniques and accent of local rappers.
- Boastful Rap: "Fancy"
- Cluster F-Bomb: Several of her songs have a slew of F-bombs, as expected from a rapper.
- Coming of Age Story: "Work", anc really her album.
- Homage: The video for "Fancy" is one to Clueless, starring Iggy herself as Cher Horowitz (and even sporting Cher's famous yellow plaid outfit).
- N-Word Privileges: Subverted. She has used the word, claiming it's okay because black people use it.
- Pretty Fly for a White Guy: She uses Indian costumes and dances in the video for "Bounce."
- Stage Names: Her real name is Amethyst Amelia Kelly. She took "Iggy" from the name of her childhood dog and "Azalea" from the street she grew up on.
- Statuesque Stunner: Stand 5'10"/178cm.
- A Wild Rapper Appears: In Ariana Grande's "Problem," where she does the intro and the third verse.