"Ow! My boobs! I need those for seducing!"
Breast Attack is the Distaff Counterpart
to Groin Attack
, since receiving blunt trauma to the breasts is painful for women, though maybe not as painful as Groin Attack is for men (not that many people can be a proper judge of that). The nipples are also rather sensitive, though this is also true for men to a lesser extent.
In reality, a Groin Attack
is much more dangerous and painful for women than a Breast Attack, not even so much because of genitalia but more because of being a site of most major vital nerves and blood-vessels to the lower extremities. However, in a fight, breasts are a much easier target, which is why the Breast Attack is much more common than a female Groin Attack.
A Breast Attack is sometimes intended to show that the male
attacker is playing dirty
(and against a woman too
, how low!
). You're supposed to wince at this one, but this trope is occasionally Played for Laughs
. If the victim is already a Butt Monkey
, it's okay to laugh. Or if it's a woman doing it to another woman
. Or a man getting a purple nurple
Note that in Real Life
this attack is almost always
considered a low blow (no matter who does it) and can cause minor injury, which is why we recommend that you Don't Try This at Home
Contrast Torpedo Tits
(where breasts attack you
open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- Ranma ˝ this is a common trick (mostly by the Tendo sisters) to subdue Ranma in female form, mostly because Ranma - a guy who's cursed to transform into a woman - is still unused to the enhanced sensitivity and because it's funny.
- Ichi the Killer. Poor Myu-Myu. (See Film example below for why. It's not pretty.)
- In another scene, a prostitute has her nipples cut off.
- In Hellsing, in a Shoot the Hostage moment, Alucard shoots the Villain of the Week through Seras, making a rather large hole through her right breast. She gets better, though. More or less.
- Rip Van Winkle gets a particularly brutal one by Alucard. He took her musket and impaled her through her left breast with it. Keep in mind that her musket has no bayonet and therefore is completely blunt and impractical for stabbing, so it must've hurt much worse.
- Kabuto didn't mean to attack Tsunade's breasts. He was just trying to stab her in the heart, but her brobdingnagian boobage got in the way.
- Doubly played for laughs, as Kabuto can't determine if his attack on her internal organs was ineffective because her advanced ninja training let her deflect/cancel it out or because her breasts are just too damn big to get through.
- Hinata was hit with one as well. Her cousin was aiming for her heart.
- In Change123, Ginga "boob bite" and "boob slap" Miriki.
- Basilisk example: Josuke revealed that he survived Akeginu's attack by suddenly grabbing her breast, hurting her.
- Later, Rozai threatens to rip Okoi's breasts if she refuse to speak.
- In Burn Up! Excess, Rio caught in a choke hold by the female Dragon, she frees herself by squeezing the dragons breasts before knocking her out.
- Near the end of the Red/Green/Blue arc in Pokémon Special, Blue makes some derogatory comments about Sabrina's bustline, so Sabrina has her Alakazam slash Blue across the chest to spite her. Too bad Blue was baiting her, and the attack opened the Pokéballs she'd stashed in Victoria's Secret Compartment. (This is Bowdlerized in the current English version, though the original one had it intact.)
- In Street Fighter, Cammy received this from C.Viper. Before this, she even received Groin Attack, too!
- InuYasha: In episode 4, Inuyasha pulls one off against Yura, opening a gaping hole in her chest in the process. Yura is unfazed and simply scolds him for trying to cop a feel.
- In episode 3 of Onee-chan ga Kita, Ichika slaps her friend Marina's breasts after the former's brother stares at them when first being introduced to each other. The friend is understandably confused to the sudden slap.
- Self-inflicted in The Legend Of Mother Sarah, where the title character thrusts a wooden stake through her right breast in order for it to stop lactating and to punish herself for having killed her own infant. She is now wearing a permanent prosthetic right breast made of steel.
- In episode 5 of Rosario + Vampire, while playing chicken in the pool, Yukari actually bites Kurumu's left breast.
- In chapter 32 of Okusan a ball hits Kyouko's right breasts so hard from the side it causes the left one to bounce into another girl's face who was standing beside her◊.
- Scary Movie 4: A torture device that's a parody of the death traps from Saw does purple nurples.
- Million Dollar Baby: "I want you to jab that kraut right in the tits until they turn blue and fall off!"
- In Kung Pow! Enter the Fist, The Chosen One defeats a cow he is fighting by milking it.
- This is after the cow attacks him by milking itself and using the jets of milk as a distraction.
- Played for laughs in Jackie Chan's Operation Condor when a large woman is double-punched in the chest and her breasts bounce with a sound effect better suited to something much heavier. She is rendered incapable of fighting until she stops them bouncing. Jackie at least has the decency to apologize.
- In Roger Avary's Killing Zoe the titular Zoe slaps the (male) main character's nipple for calling her a prostitute. In fairness he had just paid her for sex.
- In Sudden Impact Jennifer Spencer is on a Roaring Rampage of Revenge on a group of people who had raped her and her sister years before. Before she kills them she shoots them in the groin. One woman was involved - she shoots her in the breast.
- In Mallrats, Gwen sneaks up on her old boyfriend TS, who jumps and "elbows [her] right in the freakin' tit!" She responds by giving TS an upward double axe handle to the groin. (Brodie uses the opportunity to explain his opinion of karmic justice to TS.)
- In an unfilmed scene from an early draft of Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Jeanie Bueller is talking with one of her friends; her friend pisses her off, and Jeannie responds, "I'll sock your tits."
- In the film Kingpin, the male and female leads get into a fist fight. The female delivers a few shots between the legs so the male delivers several Breast Attacks.
- At one point in Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Scott is attacked by a cloaked figure. When he strikes back, the figure yells: "You punched me in the boob! Prepare to die, obviously!"
- In Crank High Voltage, a prostitute is shot in the breasts, though it only causes her implants to leak.
- After seducing another character, Angela rips the skin off her breasts in the Night of the Demons remake.
- House at the Edge of the Park when the villain gets his hands on the most innocent character who arrives late to the party.
- In Kill Bill volume 2, when the Bride goes after Budd, she's taken down when Budd unloads two barrels worth of rock salt from his shotgun into her breasts.
Budd: That gentled ya down some. Ain't nobody a badass with a double dose of rock salt that deep in their tits. Not havin' tits as fine or big as yours, I can't even imagine how bad that shit must sting... yet I don't want to, neither.
- Karl hacks off and eats a breast in Violent Shit.
- Sawney Bean is shown drinking blood out of a severed breast in Hillside Cannibals.
- In the original Scary Movie, Ghostface stabs Drew Decker in the chest only to pull the knife out with the breast implant impaled on it.
- In Ichi the Killer, Saburo tortures Myu-Myu by stretching her nipples with crocodile clips and then severs them both with a single pull of the scalpel.
- In the original The Bad News Bears, Tatum O'Neal's character has to be removed from the big game when she is spiked in the chest area by a player on the other team.
- The Alpha Bitch from the rival sorority in The House Bunny has a habit of punching her best friend in the boob when she's in a bad mood.
- In Book 5 of The Faerie Queene, during Britomart's Combat by Champion with Radigund, the narrator notes that the two women did not "spare each other's most tender parts," or something like that, despite both being women and therefore knowing how much it would hurt. I guess we have here the logic behind Cat Fight and Designated Girl Fight.
- In The Iliad, after Athena K.O.'s Ares with a boulder, Aphrodite goes to help him. Well, Athena is still angry: "She charged at Aphrodite, overtook her and beat her breasts with clenched fists." As one would expect from the wimpy Aphrodite, "Down she sank with Ares, resistance quite dissolved."
- J.T. Edson's novels often feature Cat Fights. These frequently involve a Breast Attack.
- In the novelization of the movieHighlander, there is a flashback scene where the Kurgan is with a prostitute whose nipples had been cut off.
Live Action TV
- During a Thanksgiving episode of Friends the gang is having a game of American football for the Gellar Cup. Monica throws the ball to the inexperienced Phoebe who catches it, but it strikes her in the chest hard and she squeals: "Oh! Broken boobs!"
- Super Sentai
- In one episode of Dengeki Sentai Changeman, the Monster of the Week employs fishes with huge mouths to attack/bite the team. While each team members got bitten, poor Sayaka/Change Mermaid got bitten on the breast area, with her knocking them down while yelling "PERVERT!". Fun fact is that since she's attacked while morphed, the Changeman female suits offer no visible breasts.
- Male on female variation in Seijuu Sentai Gingaman, the villainess Shelinda was slashed on her breast(to specify, chest-armor) by Hayate. Granted, she happened to kill Yuuta just a moment before.(Thank god that boy survived.)
- Frequently happens in Hikonin Sentai Akibaranger courtesy to the villainess Malseena, who often target the female ranger this way.
- The Shake It Up episode "Party It Up" had a scene where it did happen, when CeCe and Rocky body bumped copying the boys... but in turn, both girls groan from the pain.
- Wayne Brady apparently thinks that purple nurples are part and parcel of a female prison riot (the "persona" he got saddled with in Lets make a Date).
- Charlie Runkle's unfortunate nipple mishap in Californication constitutes a rare male example of this trope.
- An episode of Yes Dear has Kim accidentally doing this to the then-wife of her husband's boss while playing tennis. Good thing her husband didn't get punished for this.
- Another one involving Christine boxing Jimmy's boss. (A female security guard)
Christine: Ow...she punched me in the boob. Can you do that?
Jimmy's Boss: *annoyed* Yeah.
Christine: Oh. (punches Jimmy's boss in the boob)
- New Girl had the "boob fight" between Jess and Cece.
- In The Wire, the Barksdale Organization tries to deal with the sociopathic rising drug lord Marlo by using a Honey Trap to lure him into an ambush. Marlo, being a Genre Savvy little bastard, investigates the girl doing so and finds her connection to the Barksdales. Instead he ambushes her, shoots her in both breasts and then again in the head as she's lying dead on the ground, to send a message.
- Pearl Jam, "Jeremy": "He gnashed his teeth and bit the recess lady's breast"
- Awesome Kong uses a move where she hoists her opponent up in a chicken wing hold, pulling their arms behind her, and then dropping her face-first on the mat, calling it the "Implant Buster."
- Knife edged chops used to be considered a dirty move even if you didn't have breasts or avoided hitting them. Thanks to Shane Douglas and ECW they are more like a free crowd reaction in the USA. The crowd may not like that you're beating up their favorite wrestlers but will still likely go "whoo" if you chop one.
- In TNA, ODB proved she was so tough she let Cody Deaner use her breasts as speed bags while she was training him.
- There is a report on the infamous rape case of Filipina actress Maggie de la Riva. According to an interview with the actress, during her ordeal, she was incapacited by her captors by means of punching her in several areas of her body, including one of her breasts, before they proceeded to rape her.
- During the filming of the movie The Maggie de la Riva Story which was based on the incident, actress Dawn Zulueta who played de la Riva reported that when that grisly scene was recreated, it actually led to real injuries and she actually had to be hospitalized.
- In addition to having her throat slashed, rumors abounded that Nicole Brown Simpson's breasts were deliberately slashed off in the attack as well— however the coroner's report refutes these rumors entirely.
- The Breast Ripper torture device.
- Weird Or What suggests that breast implants kept a woman from being killed when she was shot.
- Boob tag. Which is like regular tag, but the only legal tag is tagging another participant's breast. Typically only played by women.
No, you can't kiss them and make it better!