Lets Play: DeliciousCinnamon
"Where every jump is an adventure."
DeliciousCinnamon is a YouTube channel
that focuses on Let's Plays with group commentary.
It was started up by Robert "Bert" Lindert with his friend David "Dubz" Knapp, with Dezz, Mysh, Juan and Adam as the other members, though now the channel is mainly run by Dubz and Mysh. Dezz and Bert still make frequent appearances, as well as other friends such as Hepnah and Dubz's girlfriend Minimoose.
The channel gained notoriety from a Let's Play of Pokémon Vietnamese Crystal *
, a "Blind Idiot" Translation
of Pokemon Crystal from Vietnam. DeliciousCinnamon has since then branched out into Let's Plays of other games as well.
Their Let's Plays include:
- Pokémon Vietnamese Crystal (Bert and Dubz)
- Crash Bandicoot (Bert, Dezz and Mysh)
- Dead Space (Bert, Dubz and Mysh)
- Alien Swarm (Bert, Dubz and Juan)
- Criswelvania (Bert and Dubz)
- Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (Bert, Dezz, Mysh and Juan)
- Ferazel's Wand (Dubz and Mysh)
- Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped (Bert, Dezz, Mysh, Juan, Dubz and Hepnah* )
- Maldita Castilla (Bert and Mysh)
- Pokemon Chinese Emerald (in progress; Dubz, Mysh and Dezz)
- Octodad: Dadliest Catch (Dubz and Hepnah)
- Spyro the Dragon (in progress; Dubz, Dezz and Hepnah)
- Dead Space 2 (in progress; Dubz and Hepnah)
They have done several livestreams on various livestream websites
They also have a fan made wiki
DeliciousCinnamon provides examples of:
- 100% Completion: Done with Crash Bandicoot 2
- Aborted Arc: The System Shock 2 Let's Play was cancelled after only a few episodes.
- With most of the DC crew moving on to other things, it is likely that Crash 3 will not be continued.
- They finally returned to and finished the game in a livestream in 2015.
- Also appears to be the case with Fallout 3 and Earthbound.
- Absentee Actor: Bert became sick during part of the 1/19/13 stream and had to spend a good portion of it bedridden (but he still tried to participate by looking at the stream comments).
- Accidental Misnaming: They constantly refer to Aku Aku as Uka Uka (his evil counterpart). This is acknowledged at the end of Crash Bandicoot 2 Episode 10 Part 1, where Bert says he can't call it Aku Aku because of Samurai Jack.
- "Fuji Juju Fruits".
- While playing multiplayer games, Bert will sometimes refer to someone as his character or player number when mad.
- The Ace: Juan is the best at Crash Bandicoot among the group.
- Each member excels at a different minigame in Pokemon Stadium:
- Bert - Magikarp's Splash
- Dubz - Ekans' Hoop Hurl
- Dezz - Clefairy Says
- Mysh - Rock Harden
- Adam - EVERYTHING
- Actually Pretty Funny: Their reaction upon being turned into a fish in Space Funeral.
- Added Alliterative Appeal: Some of the video titles.
- Crash Bandicoot Episode 4: D-pad Disaster
- Crash Bandicoot 2 Episode 6: Mysh Massacre
- Crash Bandicoot 2 Episode 10 Part 2: Bert's Bees
- In the Dead Space finale, they create the store names Mysh Mart and Bert's Bargain Bazaar.
- Alliterative Name: During a Mario Party 2 stream, Bert gives Mysh a laptop and assigns him the title of "Macbook Mysh."
- During a Terraria Capture The Gem match, Bert accidentally gives Kipp the title of Dubz Died.
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Often invoked by Viet Crystal due to the poor translations. The main character is a transvestite Extreme Omnisexual stripper, the rival is a monster* , many of the Pokémon are deaf, and most of the people have No Indoor Voice and are very prone to heart attacks.
- During the 2013 Spring Stream, Juan gives Goompa the voice of Old Rusty. This causes the chat to theorize that he is suffering from PTSD from fighting Mario.
- The final boss of Super Amazing Quest just wants to be a dancer, but his dad (the Hero) won't let him.
- And he shits out leotard bombs and summons backup dancers as his minions.
- Always Night: In Viet Crystal, the time of day changes to night during either Episode 6 or 7. The game never returns to daytime until Episode 9 of Kanto, which is the 59th episode of the entire Let's Play.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: "We annihilated their women, their children, and even their asparagus."
- Ascended Meme: In this video, Bert, Dubz, Juan and Mysh make Volcano Bakemeat in the style of Epic Meal Time. At the end, they promise to make Kuang Steak in the next episode. Which they never made.
- Attack! Attack... Retreat! Retreat!: Upon running into a Ditto, Bert tries to catch it. He flees once it transforms into a Haunter:
Bert: Peace out!
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Dubz attempts to start Episode 3 of Dead Space quietly, but Bert looks at an ad and shouts "SUN!" Dubz and Mysh follow.
- Bert accidentally saying Totally Blair instead of Totally Bear derails the commentary into talking about The Blair Witch Project.
- Atrocious Alias: Bert believes Lt. Surge got the name "Tingsi Major" by being demoted.
- Audience Participation: Encouraged during their livestreams.
- During their first livestream of Pokemon Green, they attempted to catch an Abra. Dezz encouraged everyone to press A to help them catch it.
- They also do this occasionally in VietCrystal; Bert tells everyone to press Z when they're trying to catch Sudowoodo.
- Gone Horribly Wrong during part of their YouTube livestream. When Dubz and Mysh faced of in Kirby's Avalanche, Bert told everyone to press Z for Dubz or A for Mysh. The chat soon became overrun with "ZZAZZAZAZAAZZAZAZAAZAAZZZAZAZAZAZAZAZAZAZAZAZZAZAZAAZZAZAZA ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA", to Bert's horror.
- Starting with Crash Bandicoot 2, they have begun adding subtitles to their videos based on fan suggestions.
- Awesome McCoolname: SHAOTANZHITEN!
- Also Super Uncle and Shafalixian.
- And don't forget Bert Casual!
- Beat Them at Their Own Game: Adam during Pokemon Stadium. He manages to best Bert three times at Magikarp's Splash, and even Dezz once at Clefairy Says. The others resort to constantly playing Dig! Dig! Dig! because it's the only game Adam is not guaranteed to win... until Adam decides to use that trick against them by waiting until everyone is too tired to actually try to win.
- Big "NO!": Used by Dubz in Viet Crystal when Bert crashes the game by trying to sell Pointup.
- Big "OMG!": Often done when something outrageous happens. An example being when Dezz says it after Juan realizes he didn't get 56/57 boxes, but 56/58.
- Bilingual Bonus: Subverted during the Bootleg Bonanza. When they play the second Pokemon Gold cartridge, they accidentally come across a screen entirely in Japanese. Mysh attempts to decipher it, but concludes that it is just gibberish.
- Bittersweet Ending: Viet Crystal. On one hand, it has been ended without the guys battling Red, or without much of a conclusion at all even. On the other hand, the series spawned plenty of jokes, it helped get the channel off the ground, and it was all in all a fun ride.
- Bleep Dammit: Bert tried censoring some of his and Dubz's language in Episode 48 of Viet Crystal to help increase his chances of earning a YouTube Partnership. It didn't seem to help much, and most of the fans didn't like it, so Bert scrapped the idea for future episodes.
- "Blind Idiot" Translation/Translation Trainwreck: Viet Crystal of course.
- Bootleg Pokemon Green is another example, though arguably not as poorly translated as Viet Crystal.
- The entire purpose of the Bootleg Bonanza was to find and show these off.
- Born Lucky: Bert creates a save file for Viet Crystal right before going into the PCC, which causes the game to crash.
- Bread, Eggs, Breaded Eggs: "I was first killed by Neszy, then I was killed by Kipp. Now I was killed by Neszy AND Kipp."
- Break the Haughty: Juan always keeps his cool, unless you show him Hospice.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: During Episode 9 of Crash Bandicoot 2, Dezz says, "I would like you to look at the bottom of the screen and let me remind you who's playing," possibly referring to the death counter that is added in post.
- Buffy Speak: In Viet Crystal, Bert describes the poison symbol as a "snowman with two pieces minus the other side."
- In Chinese Emerald, Dezz tries to say a certain route is a dead end, but ends up saying it is "non-go-through-the-path."
- But Thou Must: During the FTL stream, Bert leaves all of the ingame choices to the chat, no matter how much he may disagree.
- Butt Monkey: Dubz. He has been ridiculed by his friends so much that DeliciousCinnamon fans tend to worry about him.
- He has joked about this by saying he is the poster child for "blame.org"
- Mysh tends to fill in this role when Dubz is not available.
- Call Back: Bert sometimes does this with Viet Crystal phrases.
- In Bootleg Pokemon Green, Tackle was called Go All Out. In Episode 48 of Viet Crystal, when Karen said "GO ALL OUT", Bert and Dubz joked that she was going to Tackle them.
- In the very first episode of Viet Crystal, Bert finds "A TV SET", which surprises him because it was actually translated correctly. In Episode 3 of Kanto, Bert finds the exact same text, which Dubz points out.
- A gag in Chinese Emerald invokes a call back to Viet Crystal:
You're a MONster! Mysh:
- In part 11 of Chinese Emerald, they mention killing themselves in 1980, a reference to a previous Chinese Emerald video. The name of the trope is also mentioned.
- Call Forward: During the 2013 Summer Stream, after Mario Party 2 glitches up and "Slenderkoop" appears, Dubz states that he is a Timelord and can take everyone forward in time to the October Stream.
- The Cameo: Dubz and Juan in their Crash Bandicoot LP.
- Dubz suddenly appears during Crash Bandicoot 2 Episode 8.
- Ascended Extra: Juan would return as a regular guest for the Crash Bandicoot 2 LP.
- Bert (and Minimoose briefly) in Episode 8 of Pokemon Chinese Emerald.
- Canon Discontinuity: The Lost Episodes of Crash Bandicoot 1 and 2, since no actual progress was made.
- Cat Scare: A spectacular example occurs during The Reminiscent, where Dezz causes everyone to flinch at nothing* .
- Catch Phrase:
- Chekhov's Gag: Juan making hashbrowns during Crash Bandicoot 2 Episode 8.
- Cherry Tapping: During the Bootleg Bonanza, Mysh has some trouble killing a Tangela; two of his Pokemon faint trying to defeat it. He decides to deal the finishing blows with a level 5 Togepi.
- Cliffhanger: Episodes 6, 38 and 69* of Viet Crystal end this way.
- Clip Art Animation: The DC Summer Stream Announcement video.
- Continuity Nod: At the end of Episode 45 of Viet Crystal, Dubz calls their future battles with the Elite Four the "Four Emperor Finale," or the FEF for short. Once they return from a month on hiatus, Dubz announces they are back with the FEF (which he has to reexplain to Bert because he forgot).
- In Crash Bandicoot 2 Episode 7 Part 1, Dezz comments on a rat enemy that has been "equipped." Bert points out that Dezz said the same thing in an earlier episode, then later edits the video to cut to the footage from said earlier episode.
- Corpsing: Dubz and Bert do this quite often in Viet Crystal.
- Cross Player: Thanks to a typo, they decided to play Viet Crystal as the female protagonist.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: The Terraria Capture the Gem match with OdysseyGamez. Bert, Juan and Jack had no chance against Rauri, Will and Dubz.
- Cure For Cancer: They apparently have the cure for palsy:
- Dance Party Ending: An odd version occurs during the Real Life for Morons stream, where Bert throws such an epic dance party that he dies.
- Dangerous Windows: WINDOWS NO
- Day In The Life: Some of the content on their DeliciousVlog channel is this, notably Friday Night Car Ride
- Death of a Thousand Cuts: In Viet Crystal, they do this to a Wooper in Part 11 and a Kakuna in Part 16.
- Determinator: Bert. He tries going through Sprout Tower in one go without returning to a Pokécenter until all of his Pokemon have fainted.
- In the Crash Bandicoot 2 LP, Bert is able to leave one of the levels after picking up the gem, but he insists on completing the level anyway:
- Disney Villain Death: Happens to Bert and Dezz during the Terraria PVP finale (even though they are not actually villains).
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: One commenter compared the accidental release of Muffy to Old Yeller:
They just did an Old Yeller on Muffy. Took it to a different box and everything.
- Dug Too Deep: Inverted during the Terraria PVP match. They dug deep, but it wasn't until they tried digging back UP that they encountered their worst problems.
- They kept digging deeper and deeper into the second Pokemon Gold bootleg, and ended up finding the terrible bottom: Racism!
- Early-Bird Cameo: In an episode from the first Viet Crystal session, Dubz received a text from Juan who would show up as a guest for later DeliciousCinnamon videos.
- Early Installment Weirdness: The first fourteen episodes of Viet Crystal were all one single 2 1/2-hour-long recording session, cut rather awkwardly into 10-minute segments. It wasn't until Episode 9 of Kanto and the start of the Crash Bandicoot LP that they started making videos by the rule of one video per recording (occasionally splitting a recording into two or more parts in a less awkward fashion).
- Edible Theme Naming: Viet Crystal gives us Eggie, Chedr, Pizza, Bean, Steak, Salsa, Feta, Sushi, Nuget, Twnke* , Pickl, Apple, Porge* , BKMT* , BLBRY* , Cake and Oats.
- Somewhat ironic considering some of the Pokemon in Viet Crystal are even naturally named after food, such as Fork* , Corn* , Milk* , Jelly* and Bread* . There is even a character referred to as "Wulnut."
- And let's not forget Green, which had Bacon, Tofu, Pepsi, Gouda and Lemon.
- And now Chinese Emerald gives us Kurdz and Kraut.
- Epic Fail: Bert and friends aren't exactly the most skilled video game players.
- During Viet Crystal, Bert and Dubz completely ignore the woman who gives them the HM Fly, then proceed to spend a good portion of the video wondering where they are supposed to get Fly.
- During an episode of Crash Bandicoot 2, Dezz ran into some boxes that he tried to break by spinning them. He tries 23 times without success. He ended up just jumping over the boxes.
- The lost episodes of both Crash Bandicoot games highlight Mysh's "skills."
- Subverted during part of Viet Crystal. During the Elite Four battles, Bert guesses that Aerodactyl is Flying/Ground, when it is actually Flying/Rock. Bert later mentions a comment someone made about it: "Flying AND ground? You guys are retarded." This caused more people to comment that Flying/Ground is a legitimate dual type, citing Gligar as a Pokemon with these types.
- During one of the Mario Party 2 streams, Bert plays Coffin Congestion and easily finds the item he wants, but doesn't get it because he can't figure out how to open the coffins.
- Evil All Along: Bert turns out to be Dracula at the end of Criswelvania.
- Explain, Explain... Oh, Crap!: Inverted here, where Bert explains why Juan just did something wrong, only to realize nothing bad happened as a result:
: That was a thing with groundhogs, and you just completely skipped it. But that's okay
- Failed a Spot Check: Bert and Dubz often don't notice some of the typos and mistranslations in Viet Crystal.
- The first time they looked through the Pokedex, Bert and Dubz didn't notice that Zenda* is labelled as a Cock Pokemon.
- It took them until Episode 45 to notice that the main character uses the computer by pulling its power supply out.
- It took them even longer (Episode 6 of Kanto) to notice "Bag of Put Prop"
- Fan-Art: They have received a lot of it, which they highly recommend.
- Felony Misdemeanor: They're not perfect, but if they know how to complete something optional in Crash Bandicoot 2, they WILL try to do it. Do NOT suggest skipping it.
- Five-Man Band:
- Of the original group:
- Of the current group:
- Flashback Cut: During an episode of Crash Bandicoot 2, when Dezz comments on a rat enemy that has been "equipped," Bert points out that he said the same thing in an earlier episode. Cue a cut to a clip from said episode showing Dezz saying the same thing.
- During an episode of Fallout 3, they question why they don't have any ammo for their flamethrower. Cue a cut to earlier in the video where Dubz is wasting the ammo on a sign.
- Follow the Leader: YouTube user TMildewBros started a series of him and his friend playing Pokemon Jade, a bootleg version of Keitai Denjuu Telefang.
- Foregone Conclusion: For part of the Raikou and Ho-oh episode of Viet Crystal: Anyone who watched Bert's solo livestreams would know going in that Bert caught a shiny Poliwhirl and would use it to prank Dubz.
- Foreshadowing: Before Bert fights Snorlax, Dubz says "His best move is Pointup." Your mileage may vary on whether he knew what would happen or not.
- In the same episode, Bert accidentally loads a save state in the Ruins of Alph after the game crashes the first time. After they beat Snorlax, Bert accidentally loads this state again when trying to save.
- Happens again in Criswelvania with lines like "I can fly, that means I'm Dracula! I mean..." and "Yeah, I don't like garlic soup anyways."
- Fun with Acronyms: Used by one of the livestream participants during a Mario Party 2 stream (see the Laugh Themselves Sick entry below):
- During a now lost stream, a game of Super Mario Bros 3 ends when Mysh accidentally messes up one of the video cords. The result is a screen with the letters "J.T." The chat offers some suggestions for what they stand for.
- During the Bootleg Bonanza, Dezz names their character with the initials of Bert, Mysh, Adam and Dezz, without realizing the result is BMAD.
- Once Dubz and Juan join in for the next stream, the name is extended to DJ BMAD.
- Gender Bender: During the first Viet Crystal session, Bert caught a female Caterpie and a male Gastly. When he lost the save, he had to catch a male Caterpie and a female Gastly. Since he didn't record himself catching them again, this was interpreted as the two Pokemon having sex changes.
- Gender Reveal: In this episode, they learn that Dob Gitar is a woman* .
- A Good Name For An Arabian Pop Band: Mujef and the Jellies
- Also, Magej and the Fieries, which gets created much later.
- Harmony: They often sing and harmonize together. Examples shown here and here.
- Hilarious Outtakes: From the 1/19/13 stream announcement, the subscribe trailer, and the Spring 2013 stream announcement. All of them are longer than the actual videos.
- Hope Spot: Happens three times in a row during the first battle against Karen. Bert's Gyarados is able to learn a move called "Frog," which they believe might be a very powerful and helpful move* . In his haste, Bert accidentally forgets Mad, their only other powerful move. Thankfully, because Mad is Thrash, Gyarados is still able to use the move on the next Pokemon... which turns out to be a Gengar. Luckily, Bert is able to do some damage to Gengar with Frog... before Gengar uses Spite and removes the move's PP.
- Hurricane of Puns: During the Paper Mario stream, the gang starts making fun of Dubz, calling him a Casual. This leads the chat to start listing off names of different movies with Dubz and Casual added in.
- Hypocritical Humor: Used frequently by Bert.
- I Have Many Names: Lampshaded during the beginning of their Dead Space LP:
Caleb (aka Mysh): Yeah, we got me, myself, and I, then Bert and Dubz.
David Knapp (aka Dubz): Six people, now.
Mysh: That's five.
Bert: Glad you passed-
Mysh: Oh, oh yeah, that's right, six, because we also have Mysh.
Dubz: Yeah, we forgot to include you.
Mysh: Oh, and Caleb! Oh and David Knapp- oh, dude, we have so many people!
- Played with during Crash Bandicoot 2, when they list all of the names Bert has been called before making a bunch up by combining the different names.
- I Was Just Joking: During the TF2 Prop Hunt:
Bert: Kipp, you need to take all of them down. Go out guns blazing.
Kipp: Okay. [leaves his hiding spot and starts running around]
Bert: I was joking, don't actually do it!
- It Is Pronounced Tro PAY: Bert seems content to pronounce Alige as "Uh-lig-uh" instead of "Uh-lije" or "Al-lije." He also pronounces Oudal as "Oh-dahl."
- He also pronounces rubles as "rubbles."
- Laugh Themselves Sick: Watch as Bert Dies From Fan Art.
- Also happens to Dezz at the beginning of the Crash Bandicoot 2 Lost Episode.
- Happens to both Bert and Dezz upon seeing this image◊ during the Paper Mario stream.
- Lets See You Do Better: During the 2013 Halloween Stream Announcement video, Dubz tells Mysh that his drawing is terrible. Mysh responds by asking if Dubz has drawn anything. He has.
- Locked in a Room: Inverted; before the 2013 Summer Stream, everyone got locked out of Bert's home, delaying the stream for more than an hour while someone went to get a ladder.
- Locked In The Bathroom: The gang theorizes that Dubz accidentally locked himself in Bert's bathroom during the Paper Mario stream.
- Lower Deck Episode: The Ferazel's Wand Let's Play is done by Dubz and Mysh without Bert.
- 2013 Halloween stream started off with just Dubz, Mysh and Juan (although Bert and Dezz later joined).
- Metaphor Gotten: A lame metaphor about ignored advice made by Bert is called back by Juan and expanded upon by Dezz:
: Bert, like, if you envision this right now, there's like a glass [that represents your advice], and Mysh just spit in the glass and threw it on the ground. Dezz
: Actually, Mysh spit in the glass, put it into your butt
, and then squeezed your butt together so that it shattered inside of you. Juan
: Let's not forget about your pulsating butt.
- Also happens when Dubz describes his relationship with Juan's brother:
: I was like- he had a tick, and he's like, "You can stay." Dezz
: "You can take this pocket of blood." Dubz
: And then he gets Lyme Disease from me, and I don't know how that happened. Dezz
: Where is this metaphor going
- Mind Screw: Early in Viet Crystal, Bert's Totodile learns a move called "Yuja," which turns out to be the move Rage. Later in the game, the same Pokemon is able to learn a move called "Rage* ". Bert ends up forgetting Rage to learn Rage.
- Mondegreen: In Episode 45 of Viet Crystal, Bert misreads "Now I have the strongest monster" as "Now I am the strongest monster."
- In Crash Bandicoot 2, everyone mishears "crystal-less" as "chrysalis."
- In Space Funeral, Bert misreads Shopkeep as Shorter.
- Myopic Architecture: During Ferazel's Wand, Mysh questions the effectiveness of a large stone gate that is surrounded by sand.
- Never My Fault: Just about everyone has blamed the controller at some point.
- No Ending: The Mario Party 2 segment of the 2013 Summer Stream ends abruptly with 13 turns left when the cartridge is bumped out of place.
- No Indoor Voice: How Dubz views some of the NPCs in Viet Crystal, since the entire game is in ALL CAPS.
"COME AGAIN PLEASE!"
- Dubz himself is like this sometimes.
- Everyone in DC tends to be like this at times as well.
- No Punctuation Is Funnier: During Viet Crystal, they run into a guy who says "I AM HAPPPY, UNCLE." Dubz doesn't see the comma, so he reads it as "I am Happy Uncle."
- Non Indicative Name: When they play Pokemon 3D, they name the rival "Friend."
- Noodle Incident: During the Corruption Stream, they mention that they tried corrupting a Kirby game, but do not give any details other than that it "got weird."
- Not His Sled: In the Minecraft map Criswelvania, the player(s) must go through a Nether portal and take on the final challenge. Instead, Bert and Dubz stop before going into the portal and act out a skit where Bert turns out to be Dracula.
- Odd Name Out: See Theme Naming below.
- Offscreen Moment Of Funny: During the Real Life For Morons stream, Mysh starts serving beer in the middle of a riot. Unfortunately, Bert is unable to show the game from Mysh's perspective, so he has to describe it to the viewers.
- Oh, Crap: "Hushu! Just bring him out... this was a terrible idea."
- Older Alter Ego: Old Rusty for Juan.
- Pendulum War: In Ferazel's Wand, Mysh and Dubz repeatedly get their asses kicked by the Gibble Chorf before destroying it with four fire seeds right at the beginning of one battle.
- Perfectly Cromulent Word: Splitbahgaber. It is a component of Advanced Crashanomics.
- Precision F-Strike: Invoked during the credits of Viet Crystal:
Game text: ? !9F-/UQ
- The Problem with Pen Island: During Pokemon Chinese Emerald, Dezz suggests they name their character OVREZ for "Over Easy," but Dubz points out that it could be misread as "ovaries."
- Punny Name: The amount of puns made with Juan's name is too great to list here. There are Juan too many.
- Put on a Bus: Bert, Dezz, Juan and Adam had to leave the channel to due real life complications, leaving it to just Dubz and Mysh.
- The Bus Came Back: It has been stated that the others are still willing to come back and do things when they have time. For example, Dezz returned for Pokemon Chinese Emerald, and Bert returned for a livestream.
- Pyrrhic Victory: How Bert views his victory against Misty, since Steak ended up dying.
- Defied earlier in the LP when Bert refused to use revives during the first Elite Four battle, even if it meant losing the battle.
- Bert feels this way about his Mario Party 2 victory because he had to take over for Dezz.
- Recurring Extra: Mke "Mike" Boat in Viet Crystal. He's so unwilling to put down the phone!
- Rule 63: Discussed during the Paper Mario stream, along with chat suggesting female names for everyone.
- Running Gag: They often impersonate sports commentators during the Crash Bandicoot 2 LP.
- Save Scumming: Bert tries to avoid abusing savestates, but he ended up giving in during the last Elite Four battles in Viet Crystal and some of the later episodes of Crash Bandicoot.
- The Scrappy: In-Universe - they despise Kendra in Dead Space.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: See the Wrong Name Outburst entry below.
- During one of their streams, Mysh and Juan leave Bert and Dezz to play Awesomenauts.
- Dezz and Mysh leave Bert to play the Virtual Boy by himself.
Bert: Everyone, like, clicked back to the tab, "Awww."
Dubz: 'Cause they tabbed out this.
Bert: I would. This is bad.
- Shoot the Shaggy Dog: Juan goes back to Unbearable in an attempt to get the box gem, only to end up missing two of the boxes.
- The same thing happens to Bert (and later Juan) in Totally Bear.
- During the 2014 Halloween Stream, Bert tries to redownload Warcraft 3 so they can play over battle.net, only to realize, after having installed the game, that he is using the same CD key as Dubz and Mysh.
- Shout-Out: They frequently reference many cartoon shows, namely SpongeBob SquarePants.
- Skewed Priorities: "Armageddon? Let's go pick up chicks."
- Slept Through the Apocalypse: Discussed during the Terraria PVP match, when Team DC is spending most of the match just mining and trying to dig back up to the surface:
Dubz: Guys, we're gonna get to the surface, and all of the NPCs will be gone.
Bert: We're gonna get to the surface, and we're gonna be the only ones left!
- Indeed, this appears to be the case as the ghosts of Bert and Dezz look over the surface that they dug under.
- The Snack Is More Interesting: They take a quick break from FTL to bust out some snacks.
- Spin-Off: Dubz and Mysh have made their own personal LP channels featuring guests of their own (although they still do LPs for the DeliciousCinnamon channel).
- The Stinger: At the end of Episode 13 of Chinese Emerald, they show a clip of them running into an Abra.
- Also happens in Episode 17, where Dezz accidentally releases Muffy.
- Super Not-Drowning Skills: Played with during Ferazel's Wand:
Mysh: We have not heard Ferazel speak in quite a while.
Dubz: "Well, I was talking all last episode-"
Mysh: Hey hey hey, Ferazel, don't talk! You're underwater! You might get water in your nose!
Dubz: "You might get water in your nose. I HAVE A REBREATHER! Except, not really. I'm drowning. Slowly."
- Swapped Roles: Bert is normally very skilled at the Crash Bandicoot games, while Mysh couldn't complete one to save his life. However, in the first episode of Crash Bandicoot 3, Bert dies 12 times trying to get a box gem, while Mysh completes a different level and gets the box gem without dying.
- Taking You with Me: WE'RE DOIN' THIS TOGETHER!
- Noted in Crash Bandicoot 2, where during polar bear-riding levels Crash's ghost will be carrying the still living polar bear.
- Tempting Fate: "Hopefully that's not foreshadowing."
- That Came Out Wrong: "Now I'm gonna Lick your ass."
- During Fallout 3, Dubz takes a toy to his father and says "Take my childhood."
- That One Level: In-Universe - Mysh and Dubz spend over two episodes trying to finish Obfuscation & Edification in Ferazel's Wand.
- The Tape Knew You Would Say That: "And guess who's playing. Just take a guess........ Nope, you are wrong."
- Theme Naming: Most likely unintentional, but almost all DeliciousCinnamon guests have a name (or nickname) consisting of exactly four letters: Bert, Dubz, Dezz, Mysh, Juan, Adam, Josh* , Kipp, Jack, Will.
- This Is for Emphasis, Bitch!: During the Spelunky livestream, Dubz ends a rendition of "When the Saints Go Marching In" with "Bitch."
- Those Two Guys: The dynamic has moved to this after Dubz and Mysh have become the heads of the channel.
- Tongue Twister: Bert has trouble saying "Humble Indie Bundle."
- Too Dumb to Live: Bert's methods of playing Pokemon Crystal have been rather questionable. In the earlier Viet Crystal, Bert would refuse to go back to the Pokemon Center until all of his Pokemon have fainted. In later videos he has shown more knowledge of how to properly play the game... even though three of the Pokemon on his team are all Water types.
- The Unfavourite: If it isn't Steak, Oudal or Price, any Pokemon caught in Viet Crystal eventually becomes this.
- Hushu becomes this to Bert before they even put it on the team.
- Vocal Dissonance: During the Paper Mario stream, Bert gives Twink a Schwarzenegger-esque voice.
- We Are Experiencing Technical Difficulties: During Part 35 of Viet Crystal, when the game freezes after beating Jasmine and examining a statue.
- Weirdness Censor: An NPC has some trouble driving during Carmageddon.
- Wham Line: "AND WE FORGOT TO SAVE!"
- "The CD key provided is currently in use by Bert."
- What Did You Expect When You Named It ____?: During a RollerCoaster Tycoon stream, Bert made a roller coaster titled "The Rapture." It ended up exploding twice.
- Who Names Their Kid "Dude"?: Bert and Dubz seem to pick out very strange names for characters (Eggie, Gurps, Darble, etc.).
- Why Don't You Just Shoot Him?: Bert gets angry at Dubz for not using his gun against a horde of necromorphs in Dead Space Chapter 10 Part 1.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Bert opts not to go to the top of the lighthouse in Viet Crystal because he knows he needs the medicine before he can do anything at the top. What he doesn't realize until later is that he has to go to the top of the lighthouse in order to trigger the option to buy the medicine.
- Wrong Name Outburst: A non-emotional/sexual variant. At the beginning of the Crash Bandicoot 2 Lost Episode, Dezz accidentally includes Dubz instead of Juan in the list of people commentating over the episode. Juan does not take this well.
- X Must Not Win: Juan must not win at Pokemon Stadium 2!
- Cynical Sam must not win at Deep Sea Salvage!
- Adam must not win at Pokemon Stadium 1!
- You Should Have Died Instead: Used jokingly by Dezz after he accidentally releases Muffy:
Dezz: Dubz, you selfish bastard! Release Drips!