Characters appearing in Gangsta
open/close all folders
Worick Arcangelo (ウォリック・アルカンジェロ)
One half of the Handymen, 35-year-old Worick is the more personable and communicative partner. He presents himself as fairly happy-go-lucky, but can be serious when a job is on the line. Worick works as both a freelance gangster and gigolo in order to pay the rent. In chapter seven it is revealed that he has exceptional recall abilities.
- Abusive Parents: Worick's dad did NOT do well in Parenting 101.
- Big Brother Instinct: Despite only being a year older, Worick has this to Nicolas.
- Chivalrous Pervert
- Do Not Call Me Paul: His real name is Wallace.
- Eyepatch of Power
- Fallen Prince: We haven't quite gotten all the details yet though.
- The Gunslinger: His weapon of choice is a handgun
- Handicapped Badass: Is missing an eye and is somehow a competent shot with a gun.
- Hooker with a Heart of Gold: And quite proud apparently.
- Kid with the Leash: To Nic. Lampshaded in the story itself when he has to physically restrain Nic from continuing to attack Doug and Ginger.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Ladies talk about how pretty he and his hair are.
- Mr. Fanservice: Frequently seen with his shirt partly or completely open, when it's there at all, fairly muscular, occasionally seen with his hair down, in-story proof that he's good in bed and the camera LOVES him.
- Neighborhood Friendly Gangsters
- Photographic Memory: Has Perfect Recall.
- Really Gets Around: Gigolo, remember?
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Red to Nic's Blue.
- Satisfied Street Rat: All things equal, seems to be pretty happy with his life as a gigolo.
- Smarter Than You Look: And it's not just the Photographic Memory at work either.
- Smoking Is Cool
- Son of a Whore: The son of his father's mistress.
- Troubled, but Cute: Not as obviously as Nic, though.
- The Unfavorite: Back home.
Nicolas Brown (ニコラス・ブラウン)
One half of the Handymen, 34-year-old Nicolas is highly skilled with a sword, imposing and somewhat aloof. He is also deaf and communicates primarily through sign language, though he can speak in a limited capacity. Along with Worick, he works as a gangster-for-hire. Nick is a "tagged" (in reference to his dog tags), making him both feared and reviled on the streets.
- Abusive Parents: His father being just abusive probably would have been a step up, actually.
- Badass Baritone
- Bandage Babe: In many of the miscellaneous pictures, Nicolas is covered in bandaids and bruises. Such as this.
- Big Damn Heroes: On occasion. He also loves making a Dynamic Entry.
- Card Sharp: Nicolas is so stupidly good at card games that he may as well be cheating. Worick won't play against him anymore.
- Characterization Marches On: Nicolas actually beheads someone in the first chapter.
- Child Soldier: Because Lamarck Was Right.
- Cool Old Guy: By Twilight standards. At 34 years old, with the standard life expectancy being 30, Nicolas is considered quite old.
- Cute Bruiser: When he was a kid.
- Cute Mute: Nicolas is downright adorable as a kid.
- Death Seeker: Possibly. Seems to have made peace with having a short existence.
- Feel No Pain: Occasionally overdoses on his Celebrer meds to give himself an edge in combat.
- The Gadfly: Nicolas is a big fat gadfly.
- Handicapped Badass: Is deaf.
- Hand Signals: He predominantly speaks with them.
- Harmful to Minors: His entire childhood.
- Heartwarming Orphan: To Wallace, despite Wallace also being a kid.
- Heroic Build: Not immediately apparent because he rarely shows off like Worick does but Nic is ripped. Justified because we sometimes see him working out.
- Heroic RROD: Agrees on acting as a guinea pig for Dr. Theo's new drug. And although it saves him and a few other characters from getting their necks chopped off in a future battle it still ends HORRIBLY
- Inscrutable Oriental: A bit of a stoic and Thai Chinese-American, according to Word of God.
- Interrupted Suicide : Tried to slit his own throat as a child when what he believed to be a good natured action of helping a friend, spiraled out of control and only ended up scarring them both for life. He was stopped last second by a fuming Worrick
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Not quite the standoffish Psycho for Hire most people peg him as.
- Katanas Are Just Better: His weapon of choice.
- Kleptomaniac Hero: Occasionally robs the people he beats up.
- Lamarck Was Right: Many Twilights these days are only Twilights because their parents were soldiers who used Celebrer during the Unification Wars several years ago. Besides making them impressively strong, it causes severe physical and mental defects and lowered life expectancy. Nic is such a Twilight.
- Lethal Chef: Do NOT let Nicolas in your kitchen.
- Lightning Bruiser: Of the "Speedster" type.
- The Napoleon/Pintsized Powerhouse: He's not exceptionally short (around 5'6" tall) but every man around him acts like he is and he doesn't like women taller than he is either.
- Neighborhood Friendly Gangsters
- Never Learned to Read: Until he met Wallace as a kid.
- Phlebotinum Pills: The Celebrer. Nic is known to overdose. Without it, he'd naturally be a B/5 Twilight.
- The Quiet One: Due to being deaf.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Blue to Worick's Red.
- She-Fu: Nic jumps around like he's freakin' Tarzan.
- The Silent Bob: Mostly talks through hand signals.
- Sociopathic Hero
- Son of a Whore: Which his father killed and stole him from. Him and Wallace bond over this, so to speak.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: Positively sugary around Nina and rather sweet to Alex and of course, Worick.
- Thou Shalt Not Kill Muggles: He personally doesn't have a problem with killing people but as a Twilight, he's not allowed to.
- Troubled, but Cute
- Tyke Bomb: His commanding officer outright calls him this.
Alex Benedetto (アレックス・ベネデット)
A 24-year-old prostitute who is assisted by Worick and Nicolas during one of their jobs. Although ordered to eliminate her, the Handymen decide instead to claim her as "loot" - effectively saving her life. With nowhere else to go, Alex begins working as the Handymen's secretary. She is currently learning sign language so that she can better communicate with Nicolas.
- Ambiguously Brown: Originally this seemed the case (with a number of readers assuming that she had some Latina heritage), but ultimately subverted; chapter 18 details that Alex is black with some (possibly) Chinese ancestry mixed in.
- Amnesiac Hero: Turns out to be the case; with the help of the Doc's medicine the effects of the Psycho Serum Barry had been giving her is wearing off and she's slowly starting to regain her memories of the past, including the little brother she'd practically raised but had completely forgotten about, much to her horror. As well, some of her comments to Worick seem to imply that her memory's been altered or faulty in some way, as she mentions her mother in one chapter only to say that she "didn't have one" in the next. It's possible "Alex Benedetto" isn't her real name, either, but she doesn't give an indication that she knows this.
- Bad Dreams: Barry haunts her, thanks to the Psycho Serum he used to give her.
- Beware of the Nice Ones: You can tell how much the Psycho Serum that made her docile has begun to wear off when she hears a man talk about wanting to do even worse to a Twilight girl they'd already beaten up and leaps right out to smash a steel pipe in his face.
- Broken Bird: That she's a prostitute is only one thing that's wrong with her.
- Buxom Is Better: Loretta and Constance both feel... a little intimidated.
- The Chanteuse: She apparently has a very lovely voice and at some point the Cristianos has her sing at their brothel/nightclub. She's a hit.
- The Chick: Of the Handymen.
- Hooker with a Heart of Gold: Former, now.
- The Insomniac: Noted in-story. Alex rarely sleeps.
- Man Bites Man: Alex's tendency to bite people when she's angry has become a Running Gag.
- Morality Pet: Of sorts to Worick and a secondary one to Nicolas.
- Ms. Fanservice
- Psycho Serum: Barry used to give her TB meds to make her dependent and obedient to him. On the other downside, it gives her horrible nightmares and hallucinations.
- Sexy Secretary: Hired on to keep record of the Handymen's phone calls and quite sexy.
- Supreme Chef: A good cook.
- The Team Normal: Compared to the other two anyway.
- Tsundere: To Worick, mostly.
- The Watson
Voiced by Tetsuo Kaneo
A 56-year-old police officer. A long time associate of the Handymen.
- Cool Old Guy: Though he's only 20 years older than Worick and Nicolas so he gets mad when they call him "Gramps" instead of "Old Man."
- Dirty Cop: Sometimes, in his dealings. The Handymen aren't the worst folks in the city but they have murdered people.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Smoking Is Cool
- Team Dad: Seems to have been Worick and Nicolas' father figure growing up. He's even seen patching Nic up once.
A 26-year-old police officer. Protege of Chad.
The Monroe Family
Voiced by Katsuhisa Houki
The head of the Monroe family.
Daniel's 54 year-old second-in-command.
Voiced by Tomohisa Hashizume
A D-ranked Twilight in the service of the Monroes. He's 26.
A 26 year old member of the Monroe family. Usually works with Delico.
Voiced by Takuya Kirimoto
A high-ranking member of the Monroe family. Also, The Mole for the Corsica family.
The Cristiano Family
Loretta Cristiano Amodio
The 14-year-old leader of the Cristiano family.
Head waiter at the brothel "Bastard" and one of Loretta's enforcers. A 39-year-old Twilight.
A 29-year-old Twilight who works for the Cristiano family.
The leader of the Corsica family.
"Big Mama" Georgiana
Voiced by Mari Yokoo
The head of the Corsica brothel.
The Paulklee Guild
Short and deadly, Doug is a 21-year-old Twilight.
A member of the guild and a friend of Doug's.
The head of the guild.
- Butch Lesbian: In a sexual relationship with Ginger.
- Ephebophile: Ginger is 17, though who knows how long they've been together.
- Iron Lady: Her response to Doug and Nic's insolent fighting: Celebrer downer medicationů administered via BULLETS.
- Never Mess with Granny: Runs her guild with an iron fist. If you get killed on assignment, sucks to be you. While her age is unknownnote , she is considered ancient by Twilight standards while still being legitimately old.
- Smoking Is Cool
- The Stoic
- Three-Laws Compliant: And she will heavily enforce those laws.
Voiced by Masako Isobe
An old woman who runs a convenience store.
- Cool Old Lady
- Supreme Chef: According to Constance, considering how she drags Nic back inside her gunshop when she hears that Joel made navarin,
- Tsundere: She tells Alex to kick rocks but Constance points out she actually really worried about Alex's well-being.
Voiced by Satoshi Mikami
A 31-year-old doctor who works in a nearby clinic.
The 12-year-old apprentice of Theo. Very fond of Nicolas.
The granddaughter of Joel. Runs a gun shop.
A child assassin. Candidate for "Most Disturbing Character" in the story.
A female assassin. Usually seen with Mikhail.
A young man who recently moved to Ergastulum. Looking for someone.