As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki.
- 10-Minute Retirement: Retired once in 1998, he started wrestling again two years later.
- Affectionate Parody: Has been parodied in Japanese entertainment, namely through a comedian who performs as Choshu look-alike "Koriki Choshu".
- The Apprentice: To Antonio Inoki and Masa Saito.
- Bullying a Dragon: Learned it the hard way when he went to United States to train with Karl Gotch and tried to shoot on him. The German-Belgian wrestler swiftly reversed the lock and held it in a neck crack until he heard his vertebrae crack. After that, it's said that Choshu got the first plane to Japan and didn't return.
- The Chessmaster: Was once the main booker for NJPW.
- Cool Teacher: Trained Daisaku Shimoda, Hiroshi Hase, Kensuke Sasaki, Kuniyoshi Wada, Masahiko Kochi, Raijin Yaguchi and WALTER.
- Finishing Move: Sasori-gatame (Scorpion Hold) and Riki Lariat.
- I Know Amateur Wrestling: A former Olympic wrestler. He also had some training in Judo in elementary school.
- Odd Friendship: With Yoshiaki Fujiwara, the fact he teamed with him in a PWFG show is weird enough given his attitude to shoot wrestling in general.
- Power Stable: New Wolves and Ishin Gundan.
- Red Baron: "Kakumei Senshi" ("Revolution Soldier").
- Ring Oldies: 66 years old and still wrestling.
- Sadist Teacher: Has a reputation of being one for the NJPW Dojo.
- Start My Own: Founded Japan Pro-Wrestling (JPW), World Japan Pro Wrestling (WJ), and Riki Pro. He also promotes an occasional series of events called "LOCK UP".
- Ur-Example: Innovated the Sasori-gatame, better known as the Sharpshooter and/or Scorpion Deathlock.