Please don't hide spoilers in this page. Wham Line is a spoileriffic trope by nature, so it's pointless to spoiler tag every example.
Given its nature, Pretty Cure does have its Wham Lines:
Futari wa Pretty Cure
- In Episode 22, Nagisa and Honoka try to bluff their way out with Ilkubo, telling him that only the Guardian knows the position of the Prism Stones. Unfortunately...Ilkubo: Stone Guardian? Wisdom? [...] I see. Wisdom has them.
Futari wa Pretty Cure MaX Heart
- Episode 47. It almost looks like Nagisa and Honoka are winning against Baldez...but then he appears barely hurt. Before delivering this line.Baldez: That's right. I am Jaaku King!
- And another heart-warming one before the end of the episode and of the series. It's not the line itself which is special but who says it.Hikari: Thanks for waiting. It was a really wonderful graduation ceremony.context
- And another heart-warming one before the end of the episode and of the series. It's not the line itself which is special but who says it.
Futari wa Pretty Cure Splash★Star
- Episode 23. After Saki and Mai successfully convince Michiru and Kaoru to give up fighting and revive the Fountain of the Sky, they all seem happy. Until...Goyan: What is that you want to see?
- In episode 24 when Saki gently tries to break the news to Minori that she might not be able to see Kaoru again...Minori: Kaoru-oneesan? Who's that?
Yes! Pretty Cure 5
- Episode 7. The culprit of Nightmare's invasion is revealed.Girinma: Did you say Nuts? Right, the guy who opened the gate.
- Episode 35.Bloody: The precious kingdom where you were born and raised was razed to the ground with nary a stone or a trace remaining. It was I who accomplished all that.
- Episode 39.Kawarino [to Bunbee]: Have you seen Lady Desparaia at all?context
- Episode 48. The true nature of the masked workers at Nightmare is revealed at last.Kawarino: They are the inhabitants of the Palmier Kingdom!
Fresh Pretty Cure!
- The missive Klein gives to Eas in the Wham Episode that is Episode 23.Citizen #ES-4039781. Lady Eas. Your lifespan will expire today. Please rest in peace.
HeartCatch Pretty Cure!
- There's this heartwarming number:Dark Precure: How dare you do that to my father!context
Suite Pre Cure
- There are several lines that made people surprised but the one that really takes the cake is the following, which is also an "Eureka!" Moment, in Episode 35.Cure Melody: Wait up. The headphones that made you evil again...Mephisto is wearing them?!(Cure Beat shows a surprised expression)Cure Melody: Mephisto is being made evil by someone!
- And the one that comes later carries even more impact.Cure Muse (while protecting the Pretty Cure from Mephisto): Please stop, father!
- And the one that comes later carries even more impact.
Doki Doki Pretty Cure
- Regina's identity is revealed at the end of episode 13.Regina: I am Regina. King Jikochu's daughter.
- Episode 31 right after Leva and Gula's defeat.Leva: Damn Pretty Cure! But next time...
- Episode 43 completely distrupt Aguri's backstory with one simple line.Mari: Do you remember the day we met?Aguri: I don't remember it clearly...Mari: Of course. How could you. You were just a baby back then.
HappinessCharge Pretty Cure!
- Episode 8:Cure Fortune: You cannot trust Cure Princess. Or else a giant disaster will fall upon you.
- Episode 13 definitely takes the cake to date.Blue: I may be the source of all misfortune.
- A comedic example in episode 31, which combines with Wham Shot.Yuko: Those days we spent together became my precious memories. My days with...
(A dog appears)
- A more heart-wrenching one happens in Episode 36 regarding Megumi's mother's illness.Kaori: I'll be fine. For now.Megumi: For now?
- Episode 37:Deep Mirror: Mirage-sama, are these three people no longer useful?
Queen Mirage: That's right. But I still have something in the back. context
Go! Princess Pretty Cure
- Episode 19:Twilight: It's strange, it feels like I'm being called by someone. context
- At the end of Episode 33, the girls find a strange brooch:Miss Shamour: This is the royal emblem of Hope Kingdom! context
- Episode 35, Kanata has finally been found! But…Kanata: Who are you? Do you know me?
- Episode 40:Lock: You'll do fine. I'm borrowing that body, m'kay? context
- Episode 47:Dyspear: Impressive, Precure. All right, Hope Kingdom will return to you. But despair is unstoppable.
- Episode 48:Close: Come on, Lock! context
Maho Girls Pretty Cure!
- Episode 49:Liko: You should be really careful. Mofurun is your friend. context
Kirakira Precure A La Mode
- Ending of ep 6:Genichiro: Nice having a big sister like this, huh? context
- At the beginning of ep 22, we get this line that from Kirarin that brings the battle between Julio and the Cures to a halt:Kirarin: Julio... that hairpiece... Non... Stop, Pikario!context
- In ep 32, this combines with a Wham Shot of Bibury's tears sizzling off Iru:
HuGtto! Pretty Cure
- The ending of episode 16 combines this with a Wham Shot:
- The very last line of the series, which recontextualizes EVERYTHING a certain character has done:Hana: Nice to meet you, Hugtan! context
Star★Twinkle Pretty Cure
- In episode 11 this question is finally answered:Bakenyan: Whoever obtains the 12 pens will possess the power to transcend all.
- There are two in episode 19:Aiwarn: That's definitely true-ttsuno~ I turned those people into stone-ttsuno~ contextFuwa: Nice smell-fuwa~!! [...] Blue Cat's smell-fuwa~ context
- Ending of Episode 20:Tenjo: Awesome.
Kappard: No, not yet. [Darknest’s] power is nothing like this.
- End of episode 25:AI: Transmission from Planet Saman. noteBoy: Lala, where are you~lun? Come back immediately-lun~.
- Before the episode 27 eyecatch:Aiwarn: Pen signals spotted-ttsuno~ I finally found them-ttsuno~ Kehyahahaha! You won't get away-ttsuno~! context
- End of episode 29:AI: (camera stops at footage) Camera lost. Unable to analyze the situation.
Kuku: No, I understand the situation! Mother [AI], call for help! Investigator Lala is trying to steal the Pen!
- End of episode 30:Ambassador Toppa: Engines at full power. The Precure are our target.
- End of ep 31 leads to Fuwa's true form:(music stops abruptly)
Pisces: Now, feed Fuwa.
Cure Cosmo: Why now?
Fuwa: I'm not even hungry-fuwa~
(Star Princesses shake heads)
- In Episode 32, Darknest says something strange about Fuwa:Darknest: So the vessel is complete at last...
Cure Star: "Vessel"?
Darknest: But with only a vessel...
- Later in the same episode.Taurus: (about Fuwa) She's still not complete.
- Later in the same episode.
- #37:Kappard: (warning the Earth cures about the alien cures' potential betrayal) These days will betray you.
- #38: How Bakenyan came to be is genuinely revealed :Hakkenyan: Instead of playing me, use those eyes of yours to watch over the universe in my place.
Yuni: In your place?
- #46:Darknest: Darknest, huh? [voice changes] That farce ends here. context
Healin' Good♡Pretty Cure
- Episode 27: This question Daruizen gives Shindione, revealing that the Byo-gens generals are parasites born from their hosts.Do you happen to remember what your host was?
Tropical-Rouge! Pretty Cure
- The Witch of Delay's Establishing Character Moment line, "I'll get to it tomorrow" and variations are this. note
- In the final episode, Laura has forgotten everything, and the effects of the memory erasure machine has removed all trace of her. However, when she meets a strange girl, and shows her a lipstick she found...Manatsu: Laura, why do you have this?
Laura: Manatsu, how do you know my name?
Delicious Party♡Pretty Cure
- During the battle with the Ubauzo in Episode 9, Gentlu sudden tells the Ubauzo to stop attacking confusing everyone for a bit. Narcistoru’s reaction to this once the battle is over:Narcistoru: Looks like the strings of the puppet are breaking.
- Episode 28 ends on this line from Secretoru after seeing that Narcistoru has failed to defeat the Cures.Secretoru: He was just a sacrificial pawn. Its fine anyway. Now I've got what I need.
[Shows that she has a Delicioustone in her hand]
- Episode 40 ending.Secretoru: Only one more Recipeppi is needed to activate the Recipe-Bon.
- Episode 41 finally reveals Godatz's true identity.Fennel: I've decided what the last dish should be.
Pretty Cure All Stars:
- In STMM:Trauma: Just to tell you, the Tears of the Precures are not for reviving your [Solciere's] master.
- From All-Stars Memories:Hugtan: Harry! They [the audience] can 'hure hure'!