Please don't hide spoilers in this page. Wham Line is a spoileriffic trope by nature, so it's pointless to spoiler tag every example.
Given its nature, Pretty Cure does have its Wham Lines:
- In Episode 22, Nagisa and Honoka try to bluff their way out with Ilkubo, telling him that only the Guardian knows the position of the Prism Stones. Unfortunately...Ilkubo: Stone Guardian? Wisdom? [...] I see. Wisdom has them.
- In episode 24 when Saki gently tries to break the news to Minori that she might not be able to see Kaoru again...Minori: Kaoru-oneesan? Who's that?
- There's this heartwarming number:Dark Precure: How dare you do that to my father!context
- Episode 8:Cure Fortune: You cannot trust Cure Princess. Or else a giant disaster will fall upon you.
- Episode 13 definitely takes the cake to date.Blue: I may be the source of all misfortune.
- A comedic example in episode 31, which combines with Wham Shot.Yuko: Those days we spent together became my precious memories. My days with...
(A dog appears)
- Episode 37:Deep Mirror: Mirage-sama, are these three people no longer useful?
Queen Mirage: That's right. But I still have something in the back. context
- Episode 19:Twilight: It's strange, it feels like I'm being called by someone. context
- At the end of Episode 33, the girls find a strange brooch:Miss Shamour: This is the royal emblem of Hope Kingdom! context
- Episode 35, Kanata has finally been found! But
Kanata: Who are you? Do you know me?
- Episode 40:Lock: You'll do fine. I'm borrowing that body, m'kay? context
- Episode 47:Dyspear: Impressive, Precure. All right, Hope Kingdom will return to you. But despair is unstoppable.
- Episode 48:Close: Come on, Lock! context
- Episode 49:Liko: You should be really careful. Mofurun is your friend. context
- Ending of ep 6:Genichiro: Nice having a big sister like this, huh? context
- Beginning of ep 22:Kirarin: Julio... that hairpiece... Non... Stop, Pikario!
- In ep 32, this combines with a Wham Shot of Bibury's tears sizzling off Iru:
- The ending of episode 16 combines this with a Wham Shot:
- In episode 11 this question is finally answered:Bakenyan: Whoever obtains the 12 pens will possess the power to transcend all.
- There are two in episode 19:Aiwarn: That's definitely true-ttsuno~ I turned those people into stone-ttsuno~ contextFuwa: Nice smell-fuwa~!! [...] Blue Cat's smell-fuwa~ context
- Ending of Episode 20:Tenjo: Awesome.
Kappard: No, not yet. [Darknests] power is nothing like this.
- End of episode 25:AI: Transmission from Planet Saman. noteBoy: Lala, where are you~lun? Come back immediately-lun~.
- Before the episode 27 eyecatch:Aiwarn: Pen signals spotted-ttsuno~ I finally found them-ttsuno~ Kehyahahaha! You won't get away-ttsuno~! context
- End of episode 29:AI: (camera stops at footage) Camera lost. Unable to analyze the situation.
Kuku: No, I understand the situation! Mother [AI], call for help! Investigator Lala is trying to steal the Pen!
- End of episode 30:Ambassador Toppa: Engines at full power. The Precure are our target.
- End of ep 31 leads to Fuwa's true form:(music stops abruptly)
Pisces: Now, feed Fuwa.
Cure Cosmo: Why now?
Fuwa: I'm not even hungry-fuwa~
(Star Princesses shake heads)
- In Episode 32, Darknest says something strange about Fuwa:Darknest: So the vessel is complete at last...
Cure Star: "Vessel"?
Darknest: But with only a vessel...
- Later in the same episode.Taurus: (about Fuwa) She's still not complete.
- Later in the same episode.
- #37:Kappard: (warning the Earth cures about the alien cures' potential betrayal) These days will betray you.
- #38: How Bakenyan came to be is genuinely revealed :Hakkenyan: Instead of playing me, use those eyes of yours to watch over the universe in my place.
Yuni: In your place?
- #46:Darknest: Darknest, huh? [voice changes] That farce ends here. context
- The Witch of Delay's Establishing Character Moment line, "I'll get to it tomorrow" and variations are this. note
- In the final episode, Laura has forgotten everything, and the effects of the memory erasure machine has removed all trace of her. However, when she meets a strange girl, and shows her a lipstick she found...
- During the battle with the Ubauzo in Episode 9, Gentlu sudden tells the Ubauzo to stop attacking confusing everyone for a bit. Narcissistorus reaction to this once the battle is over:Narcissistoru: Looks like the strings of the puppet are breaking.
- Episode 11, Gentlu's identity has been revealed to the Cures as Amane Kasai, when the following more or less confirms what Narcissistoru had implied a few episodes earlier:Amane Kasai: [With Blue, not Red Eyes] Where am I?
Narcissistoru: [Suddenly Appearing]] I'm not done with you, Ms. Puppet.
- In STMM:Trauma: Just to tell you, the Tears of the Precures are not for reviving your [Solciere's] master.