The show had ran for two series between 1999 and 2002, and had a revival series on YouTube in 2016. In addition, a few special shorts were made, ranging from the "Handbags" music video and the BBC Who Do You Think You Are? special.
Provides examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Angry Kid's father shows traces of this, especially in the first series and the special, where in the latter we learn that his behaviour lead to the divorce of him and Angry Kid's mother. However, this was toned down in Series 3, where he showed some empathy and acted more of a good parent.
- All Adult Animation Is South Park
- Behind the Black: Despite what Angry Kid can be capable of on-screen, he is shown to appear and disappear in different places off-screen with little explained as to how he did it.
In "Headlights" for example, he is able to vanish outside of his dad's car while driving through headlights, before getting stuck on a truck's bumper outside and appearing back in the car again. Later on in "Speed", he is able to interrupt a police radio frequency by appearing inside the police car itself just after fleeing from the car's point of view on his bike with Li'l Sis in tow, and before the bike comes back in view with AK and Li'l Sis having swapped places.
- Bratty Half-Pint: The titular character.
- Butt-Monkey: All of the recurring characters, including Angry Kid himself.
- Camera Abuse:
AK: I'M THE DADDY NOW!
- The ending to "Love Bite".
- Some of the trailers and DVD menu transitions show AK hitting the camera with a pork chop.
- Christmas Episode: "Queen's Speech" and "Birdy".
- Cool Bike: Angry Kid's Chopper.
- Country Matters:
AK: Buggerweepisspoo... boobies CUNT!
- AK blurts this out during "Tourettes":
- In "I-Spy", AK tries to come up with a word beginning with C by saying "cunt-stubble", but quickly tries to play off that he meant to say "constable".
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Most of the episode titles and their plots (for example: an episode called "Chips" involves the main character eating chips, and another called "Queen's Speech" where the main character does a Queen's speech styled video).
- Funny Background Event: In "Curious", while AK is talking to Dad, Li'l Sis can be seen feeding her dinner to the pet dog.
- Gross-Out Show
- Angry Kid.
- Dad to a lesser extent.
- Mood Whiplash: In "Backwards Writing" during the part where Dad struggles to answer AK's question on why "ambulance" is written backwards on vehicles:(When Li'l Sis shows the word "Daddy" written on a piece of card backwards on the mirror)Dad: That's it, Poppet, exactly.(Angry Kid snatches the paper, writes "Daddy is a twat", and reveals it)Dad: (Reading) Daddy is a... OI!
- Motor Mouth: Used as the gag for the episode "Tourette's", especially the ending in which AK blurts out as many cuss words as possible very quickly.
- No Fourth Wall: In some episodes, Angry Kid would talk to the viewer as if they're there with him.
- In "Catapult", he introduces the said object and teases the audience by pretending to fire it at them. However, when doing so he inadvertently fires it at a school teacher's car.
- In "Love Bite", he tells the viewer that "he's got a girlfriend" after giving himself a love bite, and then another one before shoving the camera.
- In "Workout", he does a fitness video parody where he attempts to engage the audience to participate with him.
- No Indoor Voice: Angry Kid tends to talk this way.
- On the Series 1 DVD, if one were to go on the "hard of hearing" choice AK himself will scream the sentence out loud.
- There are two different versions of the "Russian Roulette" short, where the extended version features what happened to Speccy when he's been hit with the hammer. While the cut version showed a still frame of AK covering Speccy's forehead after the credits, the extended version features the scene in full. A patch of skin peels away from Speccy's forehead and starts to bleed heavily, and AK claps a hand over the wound while muttering, "Oh, shit!"
- In "Jackanory", when Angry kid brings in Speccy dressed as Little Red Riding Hood, he originally makes a comment that he looked like a "bender"note . When the episode was given an HD edit on YouTube, AK instead calls Speccy a "bellend" instead, and he also refers him as a "he" rather than a "she".
- Running Gag:
- "Are we there yet?".
- Dad getting angry whenever AK winds him up.
- Shout-Out: In the episode "Buzz Off", one of the things Angry Kid does with the vibrator is he puts it up to his neck while it's vibrating, and says "Exterminate! Exterminate!" as he mimics a Dalek.
- Stylistic Suck: Angry Kid's drawings.
- Superhero Episode: The episode "Superhero".
- Too Dumb to Live: Angry Kid by all but literal definition. Despite being 15 years old he is constantly taking the piss out of everyone around him, often leading to things like humiliation from Li'l Sis, getting mag-slapped by his dad despite not holding off his fowl backwards-writing, causing harm towards Speccy, causing a police chase that might bite him in the backsides later on...
- Widget Series