Rare Candy Treatment is a Pokémon webcomic by Bumbazzle / Bummerdude. It's named after an item in said games, the rare candy, by playing with the idea of it being an addictive drug. (therefore requiring treatment)
"But wait, how is this any different from all the other Pokémon fan comics out there?" You may ask, and to answer your question, we'll present you the three key points of this webcomic: the first, its serious drawing style, the second, Black Comedy, and the third, the great focus on the trainers (instead of the traditional focus on the creatures). These three things together actually give the comic series a certain Mood Dissonance with the usual Pokémon friendly and nice atmosphere, which, all things considered, ends up being quite enjoyable, and has certainly contributed to the comic's great popularity.
But alas, children, all good things must come to an end (except for pizza, pizza will always be there), and, as of 20 June 2014, the webcomic has ended, due to author having done everything he wanted to do with it. This was then followed the comic's original site expiring, meaning you can now only read the comic thorough the author's DeviantArt account, through the comic's mirror on Smack Jeeves, or though the original site's unusually though archive on the Wayback Machine, which has hundreds of different snapshots for individual pages.
This comic contains the following tropes
- Agony of the Feet: It turns out a Ponyta's hooves aren't harder than diamond.
- A Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Read: Nasty Plot, apparently.
- Black Comedy: Makes up a good portion of the comic.
- Blood Knight: Every Pokemon trainer.
- Cult: One comic features one that worships Missingno.
- Deconstruction: A lot of dark or silly things in Pokémon are analyzed. For instance, one Hypno with "Insomnia" will be doomed to sleep-less life.
- Department of Redundancy Department: Magnemite learns Magnet Rise!
- Dream Apocalypse: Spoink used Dream Eater!
- Epic Fail: This.
- For Science!: the Dexbusters.
- Hello, [Insert Name Here]: "His name is Asshat!"
- Jerkass: What every Pokemon trainer appears to be painted as.
- Mundane Utility: Arceus is used for lighting up a cave.
- No-Sell: Flying-types and ground attacks.
- Perpetual Frowner: Gastly.
- Power Incontinence: Abomasnow's hailstorm.
- Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs: Machamp can throw a thousand punches in half a minute. Too bad the Pokédex says it should be able to do it in two seconds.
- Reality Ensues: Bumbazzle's take on how awful the game would be if it were more realistic
- The Sleepless: Hypno.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Alakazam can beat a computer at chess and solve a Rubik's Cube in seconds. Ask it to learn a fifth move, however...
- What Is This Thing You Call "Love"?: a December 2012 strip features a Cryogonal with this motivation to find out what it is due to being a gender-neutral Pokemon who can be taught Attract. Sadly, he never learns what it is.